Well, it is Ek but it is a Sabres rumor

Swedesessed

Well, according to the Minnesota Star Tribune, it looks like Rolston is going to July 1st as he and the Wild did not agree to terms. Buffalo has two choices, they trade for Marleau tomorrow or they make a legitimate pitch for Rolston on Tuesday. We'll see what happens, but it looks like a solid veteran is going to UFA. Things are getting exciting.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/226...n_refer=OnStage

Well, according to the Minnesota Star Tribune, it looks like Rolston is going to July 1st as he and the Wild did not agree to terms. Buffalo has two choices, they trade for Marleau tomorrow or they make a legitimate pitch for Rolston on Tuesday. We'll see what happens, but it looks like a solid veteran is going to UFA. Things are getting exciting.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/226...n_refer=OnStage

Things are exciting, because i really do believe we are in the hunt for several top players. I just don't think i can get excited about Rolston or Marleau. I don't think Marleau has a chance to come here at all. He'd be my #1 target. However i think the asking price would be way too high. I honestly can not think of a realistic proposal that i would be happy with. They are not going to want our garbage for nothing.

As for Rolston, if all fails with the bigger gun players, he's a player i'd love to have. But i mean, i've been hoping for him the whole time and the article states six teams interested in him, yet, Buffalo isn't one of them. I find that odd. lol

The guy has scored 30+ goals in three straight seasons in Minnesota. I think that would translate to like 40 in Buffalo. The article states he is looking for $4-5 million per season only, i thought it would be over $6 million for him. And only three years. This is a deal Buffalo needs to get done... unless Regier pulls his magic and gets Marleau.

Things are exciting, because i really do believe we are in the hunt for several top players. I just don't think i can get excited about Rolston or Marleau. I don't think Marleau has a chance to come here at all. He'd be my #1 target. However i think the asking price would be way too high. I honestly can not think of a realistic proposal that i would be happy with. They are not going to want our garbage for nothing.

As for Rolston, if all fails with the bigger gun players, he's a player i'd love to have. But i mean, i've been hoping for him the whole time and the article states six teams interested in him, yet, Buffalo isn't one of them. I find that odd. lol

The guy has scored 30+ goals in three straight seasons in Minnesota. I think that would translate to like 40 in Buffalo. The article states he is looking for $4-5 million per season only, i thought it would be over $6 million for him. And only three years. This is a deal Buffalo needs to get done... unless Regier pulls his magic and gets Marleau.

I pray that Marleau doesn't end up in the Blue and Gold. We have enough passengers on this "ship" already. :chris:

I pray that Marleau doesn't end up in the Blue and Gold. We have enough passengers on this "ship" already. :chris:

I'm with you. To me, Marleau is just "more of the same" - a soft, finesse, inconsistent player with a checkered playoff history. We already have a guy like that at approx. half the price - Max.

We need to bring in guys who will bring some change to the look and performance of the forwards - some grit, some bang, some nasty.

I'm with you. To me, Marleau is just "more of the same" - a soft, finesse, inconsistent player with a checkered playoff history. We already have a guy like that at approx. half the price - Max.

We need to bring in guys who will bring some change to the look and performance of the forwards - some grit, some bang, some nasty.

Thats the name that came to mind for me as well.

Archived