Name your alltime favorite Sabre Goals

stenbaro

What I posted in the Briere thread:

I think it was a thread at one point. I'll be honest, I'm fairly young (27) and I've really only been watching Sabres hockey in earnest over the last 20 years or so. In that time, I still think the Drury goal is one of the greatest goals I've seen since I've been watching the Sabres. No doubt there's May Day, Curtis Brown series clincher, Derek Plante series clincher, Jason Pominville series clincher, Tim Connolly game tying goal in Game 1 against Ottawa (one of the most exciting and highest scoring games I've seen) and a bunch of other great goals, but as BMWolf said, that goals still gives me chills every time I watch it. I'm with you, to hell with the payroll if we could have kept Drury.

Drury's goal is up there.

I think one of the best goals I've been alive for was the shot heard round the world.

I think all of Buffalo Believed at that point that we actually had a shot.

Also Stu Barnes OT goal in game 6 where Gary Thorne just yells "Buffalo 3 Pittsburgh 2" always makes me happy.

As far as chills though, I watch Drury's goal over and over on youtube.

I think one of the best goals I've been alive for was the shot heard round the world.

Also Stu Barnes OT goal in game 6 where Gary Thorne just yells "Buffalo 3 Pittsburgh 2" always makes me happy.

Remember the Hawerchuk goal from behind the net where he put the puck on the blade and stuffed it in the net from behind???

The

was my favorite in-person memory. The best one in recent memory is the Drury goal. Of course there's also the May Day goal, and a bunch others I am forgetting right now...

Dave Hannan's goal to end longest Sabre game ever was so great, I just remember jumping around all over like crazy, getting up and going to class the next day, getting home, turning it on again and watching all over and having basically the same reaction again. That was great. :)

Bob Sweeny's OT goal against the Bruins in Boston was also special.

I was at both of these games. It's really hard to chose between them. Had better seats for the Drury goal.

Dave Hannan's goal to end longest Sabre game ever was so great, I just remember jumping around all over like crazy, getting up and going to class the next day, getting home, turning it on again and watching all over and having basically the same reaction again. That was great. :)

Bob Sweeny's OT goal against the Bruins in Boston was also special.

We had endzone oranges for the game..By the end of the game we were lower golds right behind the net where hannan put it in..

If I had to pick one, it would likely be Pomminsteins' OT goal against Ottawa, partly because it is fresher in my memory, and also because the insane, manic, topsy-turvy final minutes of that game...that goal, more than any other, symbolizes how exciting the Sabres were for two seasons. The rookie, stealing the puck, in an overtime shorthanded situation, going end to end, schooling a smug vetran defensemen, and eliminating their heavily favored, and much despised rival all in a matter of seconds, on the road...the sky seemed the only limit....

Little did we know that the limit would end up being a pile of papers on Larry Quinns' friggin' desk.

Couldn't find them all, but here are a few.

Dave Hannan's playoff OT winner against NJD -

Curtis Brown's playoff OT winner against Philly -

Chris Drury GTG/Max's OT GWG against NYR -

Danny Gare's playoff OT GWG against Montreal -

Stu Barnes' playoff OT GWG against Pittsburgh -

Derek Plante's playoff OT GWG against Ottawa - LINK

Jason Pominville's playoff OT GWG against Ottawa -

Brad May's playoff OT GWG vs. Montreal - May Day

Pat LaFontaine's Top 10 Goals -

And for rickshaw - Alex Mogilny Highlight Reel -

Couldn't find them all, but here are a few.

Dave Hannan's playoff OT winner against NJD -

Curtis Brown's playoff OT winner against Philly -

Chris Drury GTG/Max's OT GWG against NYR -

Danny Gare's playoff OT GWG against Montreal -

Stu Barnes' playoff OT GWG against Pittsburgh -

Derek Plante's playoff OT GWG against Ottawa - LINK

Jason Pominville's playoff OT GWG against Ottawa -

Brad May's playoff OT GWG vs. Montreal - May Day

Pat LaFontaine's Top 10 Goals -

And for rickshaw - Alex Mogilny Highlight Reel -

You should link those to a poll...I wish I could find that Hawerchuk goal

If I had to pick one, it would likely be Pomminsteins' OT goal against Ottawa, partly because it is fresher in my memory, and also because the insane, manic, topsy-turvy final minutes of that game...that goal, more than any other, symbolizes how exciting the Sabres were for two seasons. The rookie, stealing the puck, in an overtime shorthanded situation, going end to end, schooling a smug veteran defensemen, and eliminating their heavily favored, and much despised rival all in a matter of seconds, on the road...the sky seemed the only limit....

I love that goal. The kid, called back up after surviving being placed on waivers, ends the series on a solo short-handed OT goal. At that point, you knew that that team would win the cup. Unfortunately, that team didn't play much of the Carolina series (the blue-line was completely different.)

Note: that smug veteran that he schooled was, in fact, Alfredsson. He's a forward, but was playing the point on the PP.

I love that goal. The kid, called back up after surviving being placed on waivers, ends the series on a solo short-handed OT goal. At that point, you knew that that team would win the cup. Unfortunately, that team didn't play much of the Carolina series (the blue-line was completely different.)

Note: that smug veteran that he schooled was, in fact, Alfredsson. He's a forward, but was playing the point on the PP.

Yeah, you are right...I just remember Alfredsson scoring earlier in the game (or maybe it was earlier in the series) and making some very bush leauge gestures toward the Sabres, in that series. I also being glad that he was the one Pomminstein made look silly....that was one ballsy little team we used to have...

Yeah, you are right...I just remember Alfredsson scoring earlier in the game (or maybe it was earlier in the series) and making some very bush leauge gestures toward the Sabres, in that series. I also being glad that he was the one Pomminstein made look silly....that was one ballsy little team we used to have...

Awesome goal. I was watching that in a cabin out in Wyoming county. We had to put a Labatt Blue can on the rabbit ears so we could pick up the Canadian feed.

This goal blew me away...

The VANEK shootout goal where he fired a huge slapper before the goalie even realized he let it go. Beauty.

I'm not saying this ranks up there with the best of them, but it was just a great goal off the cuff.

Patty, Dru, Hawerchuk, Mogilny I love all those as well. Thanks for those links Bmwolf21.

The last time I prattled on for hours about how amazing a goal was...Drury's goal in game 5. I was there, I was feeling strangely amped but did NOT believe it would happen, and then he lifted that place like I've never seen it lifted before. I hugged my friend next to me, and he's not exactly the hugging type.

I could hardly sleep that night because the electricity wouldn't leave me. It played over and over again in my head.

Amazing what a little game can do.

The last time I prattled on for hours about how amazing a goal was...Drury's goal in game 5. I was there, I was feeling strangely amped but did NOT believe it would happen, and then he lifted that place like I've never seen it lifted before. I hugged my friend next to me, and he's not exactly the hugging type.

I could hardly sleep that night because the electricity wouldn't leave me. It played over and over again in my head.

Amazing what a little game can do.

Wow, as much as we may not see eye to eye, I think we shared the same life experience. Hope you weren't sitting in 117.

Archived