So, who are you pulling for?

SabresFanInRochester

Either you are no longer watching hockey. Or, you are pulling for a team, perhaps San Jose...

Who do you want?

Who do you like?

I don't really care who wins it... I more care who doesn't win it. I don't want to see Ottawa or Carolina. I would love to see Washington. Even San Jose, which might send a message to Quinn.

San Jose...go Soupy!

PTR

I can't root for San Jose. Anyone else tired of these Southern and Western expansion teams from the 90's winning Cups before us? I'm rooting for Montreal, followed by Detroit. Two cities that could actually appreciate the victory. Oh yeah, and maybe $hittsburgh only because I find Sabretooth's meltdowns entertaining. And please....not the Rangers or Flyers. That would be the chunky icing on this vomit cake that was the 2007-08 season.

I want the Sharks.

But I hope it comes to pass:

Washington plays Pittsburgh.

sid the kid vs Ovie -- Take this natural Rivalry to the next level.

--- I don't care what happened last year, I love OV. He's so amazing to watch.

Avs play Detroit

--- This used to be one of the best Rivalry's in sports and with both teams sporting some players from that era still, it could be a powder keg.

Rangers and Flyers First Round knock outs.

--- I want it to happen. I want Drury and Briere to go swim in their pools of money while watching the rest of the playoffs.

Montreal Canadiens, for sure- especially if they play Ottawa. Anyone else have this feeling they are gonna have another out of nowhere Stanley Cup team?

I do....their special teams are excellent and if they get Koivu back, they have to be a favorite. The only question mark I had with them was Carey Price (young goaltender), but he's looked pretty solid over the past month.

I'd also be rooting for Minnesota in the West - at least Minnesota is a hockey state.

The other big favorites like Detroit, Pittsburgh, New Jersey have all been there. Time for someone new or even out of the blue.

Pens at least through the first rounds because I now live here and can watch, wouldn't at all mind a Pens Montreal ECF with either winning for the east although I do like the idea of the darkhorse Washington making a strong showing. Definte thumbs down to PHilly, NYR, Ottawa, NJ and Boston. Interesting how when your favorite team is gone it doesn't matter or need to be a specific team and you can watch just for the hockey.

For western conference, I've had enough of detroit, dallas, Avs and also do not like the idea of an expansion team winning before us however with whats left I guess Calgary or then maybe Annhiem again, or even San Jose with Dark horse here being Nashville if they can hang on. AS far as SCF winner it doesn't really matter but I would want the team that plays the best entertaining Hockey (e.g. NOT the trap, clutch and grab, dirty old time crap) to win. Be interesting to see if anybody is playing that way or not by the SCF

I'd like to see the Canadians frankly.

They play a style more reminiscent of the post lockout Sabres-based on speed and finesse...the way the game OUGHT to be played.

In any sport, the team that wins it all becomes the blueprint for winning in the following year. See Anaheim last year. I'd like to see more teams go for a speed/finesse approach to the game rather than the grind-it-out style the game has been regressing to.

Montreal Canadiens, for sure- especially if they play Ottawa. Anyone else have this feeling they are gonna have another out of nowhere Stanley Cup team?

i'll pull for les habitants - i like the organization and i like their team as currently comprised and their system as currently played.

i'm also hoping to ovechkin get into the playoffs - he's the best thing going.

I am pulling for Washington. Ovechkin is fun to watch. I would like to see his Capitals eliminate Crosby and the Penguins in the first round.

I think I'm with you there. Right now, all 3 teams I liked (Buffalo, Vancouver, Chicago) are eliminated, so my allegiance is pretty much up for grabs. My priorities are as follows:

1. Team must be located in a city where they CAN'T wear shorts to a game in February.

2. Team must not have a history with the Sabres (i.e., Ottawa, Philly)

3. Team must not have players I can't stand (i.e., Chris Simon, Todd Bertuzzi

So the Capitals fit the criteria. I also will pull for the Flames out west. I'd say San Jose but I'm sick and tired of these southern, warm-weather cities winning it all. Bring the cup back up north where it belongs!

I think I'm with you there. Right now, all 3 teams I liked (Buffalo, Vancouver, Chicago) are eliminated, so my allegiance is pretty much up for grabs. My priorities are as follows:

1. Team must be located in a city where they CAN'T wear shorts to a game in February.

2. Team must not have a history with the Sabres (i.e., Ottawa, Philly)

3. Team must not have players I can't stand (i.e., Chris Simon, Todd Bertuzzi

So the Capitals fit the criteria. I also will pull for the Flames out west. I'd say San Jose but I'm sick and tired of these southern, warm-weather cities winning it all. Bring the cup back up north where it belongs!

San Jose isn't a southern warm weather city and i'm sure u can't wear shorts there in February.

I dont' care who wins the cup. The Canadiens look real good and work their off, unlike our favorite team. I'm rooting for the Habs I guess... But go Red Sox. hockey season is over for me.

C'mon guys. Misery loves company! Why would you want any fan base, even artificial ones like here in Carolina, to enjoy a Cup victory celebration before Sabres fans get a chance to? I'm sick of cities with no hockey tradition like Tampa, Raleigh and Anaheim enjoying cups. F-em all!

I pick the Sharks !

4 weeks ago I made the following comments on this board. It went something like :

Biron and Briere taking the final 8th spot away from the Sabres, however 1st place Conklin will be tough against them.

Dumont to make it tough against Campbell, but Campbell should prevail.

Dury will rise this playoff season and make it to the cup finals against Campbell.

Conclusion : <Campbell wins the Cup >

Brian then asks the Sharks if it would be OK with them if he brings Lord Stanley to WNY so his x-team members can take the Cup for the day on a " Maid of the Mist " boat tour at Niagara Falls.

Archived