So, who are you pulling for?

SabresFanInRochester

Sharks vs Capitals - Stanley Cup 2008

I like the FLAMES too in the West, but I don't think they have enough gas. Anybody but CAR, OTT, NYR, DEVILS, STARS, PHILLY and even DET (still sick of them).

My thoughts exactly. I would be happy for Soupy and I think it would send a message to Sabres management that they certainly screwed up. (Hopefully someone takes the fall, besides the players and the fans.) And A.O. and the Caps are the hottest thing right now. I like what Malkin and Crosby add in Pittsburgh, but go Caps, go!

Moe-ray-all.

They play a very sound game that is still entertaining. I believe the Sabres have most of the pieces to play that style and would really like to see them adjust the balls to the wall system to play more the Habs' game.

Moe-ray-all.

They play a very sound game that is still entertaining. I believe the Sabres have most of the pieces to play that style and would really like to see them adjust the balls to the wall system to play more the Habs' game.

off-hand do you know how many teams play the neutral zone trap that are playoff bound?

I am rooting for WHO CARES

LOL @ Sabre fans rooting for the Habs and their self entitled fan base...WOW

Dude, you don't even KNOW me... my cousin played for the Canadiens, and I'm a Sabres fan. I grew up on Lafontaine, Hawerchuk, etc., and I resent your sneers. Just because I bleed blue and gold doesn't mean I wouldn't want Montreal to stick it to the likes of Pittsburgh, Ottawa, the Rangers, etc.

That fan base is more passionate about hockey than most others.. whoopty doo.

From the East - Washington. Really like Ovechkin the more I see him. I'd be OK with Montreal winning it, since my grandfather was a huge Habs fan and I used to watch them play on HNiC when I was a wee lad.

From the West - Colorado - always liked Forsberg (when he was with the Avs, not Philly) and Sakic is a class act, and I guess I'd be OK with the Sharks winning it, since there are a few ex-Sabres there - Soupy, Grier and Curtis Brown.

Definitely NJ and BOS, those boring ass teams. Not sure in the West, maybe Minny?

Maybe Minny? Are you kidding me? Who's their coach? That's right, the same guy who brought the fuggin' trap to the Devils. None other than the NHL-Killing, boring-assed-style-implementing, Jacques Lemaire. Rat bastard!

I wish Buffalo played it; they'd be in the playoffs.

off-hand do you know how many teams play the neutral zone trap that are playoff bound?

I'd guess the majority of them, but really didn't get to watch nearly as many games this year as I would normally, so I'm sure I'd guess wrong on the system for a few/several of them. (Unfortunately I missed a lot of Sabres and CI both this year. Only saw about 50-60 of the Sabres' games and a handful of CI games. What a friggin' bandwagonner.)

I like Penguins, Canadiens and Capitals. I'll root for all those but I am unshaken in by belief that Montreal has it all.. If I had a team, I would most want them to look and play like the Canadiens..

West:

Calgary Flames - hey, I lived there for 10 years (96-06) and how can you cheer against a stand-up guy like Iginla. Plus the coach has great hair.

East:

Montreal - What a turnaround! They had a bad break against Carolina in 06 with Williams poking Koivu's eye and they missed the playoffs last year. It would be nice to see a much-maligned player like Kovalev - get rewarded for turning things around. Plus - how can you cheer against a city whose strip clubs were described by (i think Maxim Magazine) as containing Swedish quality at Mexico prices.

West:

Calgary Flames - hey, I lived there for 10 years (96-06) and how can you cheer against a stand-up guy like Iginla. Plus the coach has great hair.

East:

Montreal - What a turnaround! They had a bad break against Carolina in 06 with Williams poking Koivu's eye and they missed the playoffs last year. It would be nice to see a much-maligned player like Kovalev - get rewarded for turning things around. Plus - how can you cheer against a city whose strip clubs were described by (i think Maxim Magazine) as containing Swedish quality at Mexico prices.

Really??? I missed that article. I might have to root for Montreal, just to have an excuse to get up there for a Cup game. Then, when tickets are too expensive and sold out, I can go to a "club" to watch, um, something.

Archived