Teppo's back

will

Guess you cant blame him for wanting to earn a paycheck..I wished he would move on...

That's a little harsh. He probably also loves playing hockey for a living. As for our preferences, I don't know why you wouldn't want him back on the team. Lindy isn't going to dress him unless he's ready -- and when he's ready, he's a good, veteran defenseman who would most likely have been the captain this year had he been able to play. (Of course, if you are concerned about his health, that is a very valid point -- I'm assuming the doctors won't let him play if there is a risk of a problem with his heart.)

Guess you cant blame him for wanting to earn a paycheck..I wished he would move on...

Not the exact take I thought you would have, but I like it. :D

I don't know why you wouldn't want him back on the team.

I think back to when Connolly came back during last years playoffs, and the Sabres became the uber soft puss team with 4 "scoring" lines. This wasn't their only flaw but the chemistry sucked and only got worse when tim came back.

Did not skate today, per the BN:

March 18, 2008

Teppo is in the house

Teppo Numminen has made a rare appearance at HSBC Arena, and I'm still waiting to see if he will skate on his own this afternoon. *UPDATE* He did not skate today.

If the defenseman returns, that's a major boost to a depleted defense. If the choices are play Teppo for eight minutes or play rookie Michael Funk for six, the Sabres would have to play Numminen.

---John Vogl

stizzinky

maybe the sabres blue-line could use the help, rather than rely on card?

Oh for sure, he makes our blueline better the moment he steps onto the ice. Provided he's fit enough to play, he'd be a tremendous boost. Hopefully he'll be able to go soon.

So is this what its coming down to for this team? Hopes that a 40+ year old defencemen with a bad heart who has missed over 80% of the season can come back before the playoffs with hopes of sparking the team to make the playoffs? Our best defencemen may be a 40+ year old with a bad heart? Ugh

I don't know if anybody's saying that, but I'm not prepared to say an in-shape Teppo hurts this team any more than having a too-green rookie either...

Not the exact take I thought you would have, but I like it. :D I think back to when Connolly came back during last years playoffs, and the Sabres became the uber soft puss team with 4 "scoring" lines. This wasn't their only flaw but the chemistry sucked and only got worse when tim came back.

OMG we agree???

I would much rather see Weber

So is this what its coming down to for this team? Hopes that a 40+ year old defencemen with a bad heart who has missed over 80% of the season can come back before the playoffs with hopes of sparking the team to make the playoffs? Our best defencemen may be a 40+ year old with a bad heart? Ugh

Gaiety.

Song-and-dance.

Elation.

No wait....

It's a nuclear holocaust.

Just as we suspected.

:rolleyes:

OMG we agree???

I would much rather see Weber

Ditto. I'd rather see Sekera, Weber, then maybe Teppo over Funk, but I thought Funk played pretty solid hockey the last couple games.

I don't know if anybody's saying that, but I'm not prepared to say an in-shape Teppo hurts this team any more than having a too-green rookie either...

man what a tough crowd.. I agree totally with what you said. ;)

So comeon all you teppo naysayers..... tell me this now;......

If God forbid another d-man went down who would you rather have another amerk rook or Teppo ?

Or if Kalinin or Paestch get better by the end of season who, one of them or Teppo ?

For me Teppo coming back and getting in shape/ready and for depth or just having his veteran presence in the locker room and on the bench if it came to it is a positive not a negative as some are suggesting here.. :rolleyes:

i'd GLADLY take Teppo back in a millisecond. I don't understand why some of you wouldn't... once again making me stick to my rare posting habits :blink:

Disagreeing with other fans is half the fun - I've found I learn a lot more from those with whom I disagree than from those with whom I agree.

So by all means, don't let others' opinions prevent you form posting more. Step on up to the mic and tell people why you disagree with them - you might be surprised by the response.

Disagreeing with other fans is half the fun - I've found I learn a lot more from those with whom I disagree than from those with whom I agree.

So by all means, don't let others' opinions prevent you form posting more. Step on up to the mic and tell people why you disagree with them - you might be surprised by the response.

We shoulda never traded Campbell!!! :wacko:

I find this to be great news. First, the blue line is completely depleted, so getting someone who has played more than 5 NHL games in his career in the lineup is a boost to the blue line no matter what. Additionally, you naysayers are totally forgetting what Teppo brings to this team, assuming he is healthy. One he brings leadership and experience, which is lacking, more so the leadership than experience. Second, he does not make mistakes with the puck and turn it over in the defensive zone. He's very good at clearing the puck and making the breakout pass to establish the transition offense. I will gladly take that over Kalinin or Lydman turning the puck over in the defensive zone. It's amazing how quick people are to forget how good Teppo actually is. Nobody is saying he will be the best defenseman on the team. But, he's an upgrade over Funk. He's the most experienced defenseman on the team and is a calming presence to the blue line. For all we know, Toni may have been having such a bad year because he was not talking to or having Teppo around for support as they are both Finnish buddies. Granted, that's my speculation and there is no valid source to back it up, but who's to say that if Teppo were around this year, maybe Lydman has a better year than this subpar year because he actually has a good friend and a Finnish buddy/confidante that he's been missing this whole year to help him mentally get over his troubles? Either way, I think it's great to see Teppo coming back, and hopefully returning to the ice this season. That's my opinion.

I find this to be great news. First, the blue line is completely depleted, so getting someone who has played more than 5 NHL games in his career in the lineup is a boost to the blue line no matter what. Additionally, you naysayers are totally forgetting what Teppo brings to this team, assuming he is healthy. One he brings leadership and experience, which is lacking, more so the leadership than experience. Second, he does not make mistakes with the puck and turn it over in the defensive zone. He's very good at clearing the puck and making the breakout pass to establish the transition offense. I will gladly take that over Kalinin or Lydman turning the puck over in the defensive zone. It's amazing how quick people are to forget how good Teppo actually is. Nobody is saying he will be the best defenseman on the team. But, he's an upgrade over Funk. He's the most experienced defenseman on the team and is a calming presence to the blue line. For all we know, Toni may have been having such a bad year because he was not talking to or having Teppo around for support as they are both Finnish buddies. Granted, that's my speculation and there is no valid source to back it up, but who's to say that if Teppo were around this year, maybe Lydman has a better year than this subpar year because he actually has a good friend and a Finnish buddy/confidante that he's been missing this whole year to help him mentally get over his troubles? Either way, I think it's great to see Teppo coming back, and hopefully returning to the ice this season. That's my opinion.

:thumbsup: :beer: :worthy:

Archived