GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

If (when) he leaves the Sabres, he is dead to me...

Yep. Very few guys who leave can I cheer on. Mogilny was ALWAYS the exception especially when he went to my number 1B team, VANCity. But the Leaf years I will admit were very difficult. I only enjoyed his goals when they lost.

Didn't see the whole game, but only saw the third period. Some quick thoughts. First, the best player on the ice tonight was Ty Conklin. 40+ saves and only 3 goals given up. Excellent performance by Conklin. Second, Campbell was flying in the 3rd period. He either had a goal and an assist, or 2 assists in the third (depending on whether the scoring of the goal is his or Ryan's). The guys also played well coming back from deficits twice. I hope Lydman is not hurt too badly. It's amazing how good a team can look against bad teams, so I don't want get a false sense of hope based on tonight's win. I think tomorrow will be a better barometer. And finally, there were a ton of Sabres there tonight. There was a standing ovation for the Sabres in the Florida home ice. A little surprising.

Very good game by Conks. I think he misplayed the puck on one goal, and struggled to control a few rebounds but other than that he looked great. I don't like getting outshot that bad, but they made em count tonight.

Just looked at the box score...http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore;_ylt=AlmiNOLlQIE7VXGu1NvXzrt7vLYF?gid=2007031526

What a homer for the 3 stars. Can't argue with Horton being a star, but Stafford had 2 goals and Conks had 42 saves!!

nice helmet. looks kinda like a bee. almost like a yellow-jacket. ;) i'd be interested in seeing what the new logo looks like if it were all blue instead of snot-yellow.

if anyone's flipping on center ice like i have the past two nights (i'm in love with it), the sharks are on pace for 120 shots after 5min. in phoenix tonight.

Conklin did what no Sabre goalie has done in awhile: Let in a soft goal. Yes, Florida had a ton of shots, but most were saves he should have made. He was real steady.

in the controversy thread i mentioned that miller should regian his edge after tonight. I believe he had gotten complacent, because well, his backup was that guy that let in that goal from the finals last year. Well, almost 50 saves later, we have ourselves a true backup. Was it a one game wonder for conks? who knows, and quite frankly i don't care. message to miller received though. He'll play well tomorrow, so will the reenergized team in front of him.

I know it's not a huge deal, but how, HOW is Conklin not a star in this game???

He was the first star based on stats.

I saw the hilites. He didn't have a chance on the 2nd and 3rd goals I saw.

Big win. Glad I was wrong.

Archived