All the Canucks fans,

BuffalOhio

I was suprised at this as well. I have two theories:

1.) The most likely scenario is transplanted west coast Canadians living near Toronto / southern Ontario.

2.) Leafs fans that like to come and root for any Canadian team when playing Buffalo and just be rabblerousers. Kind of like all the Dolphins "fans" that show up at the Ralph when they play the Bills

I posted this in the game discussion thread as I got to see it first hand...

-The busload of "25 and under" people in the 100 level cheering for the Canucks were giving the security guards a handful. I would have been pissed if I was sitting behind or in front of them. Sabre fans need to reclaim the 4 sections directly behind the faceoff circles. This always seems to be where the busloads of Canadiens invade every time one of "their" teams come to town.

i haven't lived back in buffalo for some odd years, but i always remember anytime a candian team was in town there were a lot of people cheering for them. it is obvious when it is toronto, but i think there is a high percentage of southern/central ontario fans that hate buffalo and just root for which ever canadian team is in town. and face it, canadian fans are die-hards for their teams.

I was a little miffed to see so many Vancouver fans at the game. How the heck are they getting these tickets?

I expect to see idiots from Montreal and Toronto, but jeez, Vancouver is like a bazillion miles away!

Boy that really was strange! They were up front and vocal. Where did they come from? Can't imagine they all flew out from Vancouver, but who knows.

The Boston fans were pretty loud the other night, also, but not as loud as these Canuck fans

We're a good team this year, so demand to see us play is pretty high.. Canadian fans are willing to buy outrageous tickets at pretty steep prices, and Buffalo fans are willing to sell these tickets.

Second of all, from all the impressions that I've gotten, except for when playing a Canadian team, I think Canadian fans have kind of adopted us as one of their own...

I read TSN.ca a lot because it has really great coverage, and I think if it came down to a Buffalo vs Non Canadian team cup that Canada would be behind us.

We're a good team this year, so demand to see us play is pretty high.. Canadian fans are willing to buy outrageous tickets at pretty steep prices, and Buffalo fans are willing to sell these tickets.

Second of all, from all the impressions that I've gotten, except for when playing a Canadian team, I think Canadian fans have kind of adopted us as one of their own...

I read TSN.ca a lot because it has really great coverage, and I think if it came down to a Buffalo vs Non Canadian team cup that Canada would be behind us.

In the case of the 4 sections I mentioned in an earlier post, I don't think this is a case where Buffalo fans are selling their tickets. The problem is that these are not all season tickets(I believe) and the canadian fans jump all over them when public sale begins. In some cases, they get a block of 20-40 and bring down a bus load of fans.

There's something you need to know about BC. They do a lot of drugs out there. I mean a lot. My cousins and their friends from Abbotsford (outside Van) grow marijuana all over those mountains out there. I was with them once while they were all smokin' up (I don't indulge) and an RCMP pulled them over. He asked if they were drinking, they said no, and he said fine, be on your way.

They told me the RC's generally don't even bother with it around there. Too many people are into it. That's not the only drugs they do. Not everyone from BC, but the % is certainly considerably higher than where I live.

Anyways, it wouldn't surprise me if some of those Canuckle-heads walked from BC to Buffalo. What does surprise me is that they actually found the rink and showed up on time.

There's something you need to know about BC. They do a lot of drugs out there. I mean a lot. My cousins and their friends from Abbotsford (outside Van) grow marijuana all over those mountains out there. I was with them once while they were all smokin' up (I don't indulge) and an RCMP pulled them over. He asked if they were drinking, they said no, and he said fine, be on your way.

They told me the RC's generally don't even bother with it around there. Too many people are into it. That's not the only drugs they do. Not everyone from BC, but the % is certainly considerably higher than where I live.

Anyways, it wouldn't surprise me if some of those Canuckle-heads walked from BC to Buffalo. What does surprise me is that they actually found the rink and showed up on time.

Actually, the shirtless knuckleheads didn't show up until the first period was half over. ;)

As a BC'er for my 41 years, I am going to take offense to many of your comments above.

Yes, there is plenty of BC Bud growing here. It's apparently good stuff, but not everyone indulges. I never do! You are basically lumping all BC'ers as pot heads. We're far from it. I guess there aren't any drugs in Western NY?

If someone has a very small amount of dope on them, the cops have bigger fish to fry. But they are all over grow ops, and larger amounts on people.

As for the walking to Buffalo, I'll assume that was an attempt at humour.

I think it's great to see Canucks fans there. Good for them. You guys could learn a little about drowning out the away fans' cheers. When the Leafs are in Vancouver, you don't get to hear their chants unless they score. AS soon as they try to get a go Leafs go chant going, the Canucks fans drown them out. And yes, half the fans are Leaf fans at those games, just like in Buffalo. Sabres fans need to do the same. I am appalled at how much leeway you guys give their chants.

Don't categorize BC'ers as pot heads. I take offense. That's how bad reps get created.

As a BC'er for my 41 years, I am going to take offense to many of your comments above.

Yes, there is plenty of BC Bud growing here. It's apparently good stuff, but not everyone indulges. I never do! You are basically lumping all BC'ers as pot heads. We're far from it. I guess there aren't any drugs in Western NY?

If someone has a very small amount of dope on them, the cops have bigger fish to fry. But they are all over grow ops, and larger amounts on people.

I think it's great to see Canucks fans there. Good for them. You guys could learn a little about drowning out the away fans' cheers. When the Leafs are in Vancouver, you don't get to hear their chants unless they score. AS soon as they try to get a go Leafs go chant going, the Canucks fans drown them out. And yes, half the fans are Leaf fans at those games, just like in Buffalo. Sabres fans need to do the same. I am appalled at how much leeway you guys give their chants.

Don't categorize BC'ers as pot heads. I take offense. That's how bad reps get created.

Duuuuude.......take a toke 'n chill :blink:

Actually if you read the post again, it says not everyone does it and that the % is higher, what with availability and so on. You need thicker skin. I'm kind of tongue and cheek. Are you BC folks so enamoured with yourself that you can't take a shot once in a while?

I live in Sask, you know, the butt of many jokes throughout Canada. Hillbillies, backwards farmers, dummies, etc. No respect for Sask people. Do I like it? No. Do I represent that? No. But what am I gonna do about it? Nothing. It's laughs and I can take it. Once someone meets me, they'll see that I'm not the supposedly typical Sask guy.

BTW, I wrote on another topic, maybe one started by you, that I love Vancouver fans, especially for the way they take no crap from Leaf fans, in fact, in that post I challenged Buffalo fans to do the same.

I'm a red-head too. Everyone thinks I have a bad temper. Reputation from birth that has nothing to do with me. Oh well.

Fair enough. IF it was tongue and cheek, that's cool.

Not a fan of drugs, so I don't like comments that group the majority together.

The only area of the country I make fun of is Ontario. But that's because they deserve it. The Riders are my team!

It's all good.

I guess I don't understand the problem with fans of other teams attending Sabres games. Who really cares? They should be treated with respect, as long as they are acting appropriately and not being beligerant. Besides, in years that the home team isn't selling out every single game, it's a great addition in attendance to have blocks of tickets sold to other teams.

I think it's rediculous to make fun of BC fans or Canadian fans in general. They're generally respectful, and they legitmately love hockey...besides which they are more knowledgeable about the sport than many American fans.

If fans from other teams come into your building, get hammered, stand up at inappropriate points, or use crude language that's one thing. But if they're simply there to enjoy the game and root for their team respectfully, then it should be no big deal that they're there. It's not as if the Sabres are struggling at the gate. You can't even get 2 seats next to each other from now until the playoffs.

You want annoying? I'm watching the intro to the Leafs/Penguins game in Pittsburgh, and I honestly think there are more Leaf fans than Penguins fans. It's hilarious

wow, either take a joke or figure out that this rep didnt start here.

BC is WELL KNOWN for its weed and potheads. all over north america. for a long time now.

take offense if you want but thats the rep BC(especially vancouver) has.

thats like me taking offense to all the flak i get about Buffalo being full of fat polacks... and then i go home for xmas and look at my family!! :)

maybe its time to partake in your hometown wares!! :D

Actually if you read the post again, it says not everyone does it and that the % is higher, what with availability and so on. You need thicker skin. I'm kind of tongue and cheek. Are you BC folks so enamoured with yourself that you can't take a shot once in a while?

I live in Sask, you know, the butt of many jokes throughout Canada. Hillbillies, backwards farmers, dummies, etc. No respect for Sask people. Do I like it? No. Do I represent that? No. But what am I gonna do about it? Nothing. It's laughs and I can take it. Once someone meets me, they'll see that I'm not the supposedly typical Sask guy.

BTW, I wrote on another topic, maybe one started by you, that I love Vancouver fans, especially for the way they take no crap from Leaf fans, in fact, in that post I challenged Buffalo fans to do the same.

I'm a red-head too. Everyone thinks I have a bad temper. Reputation from birth that has nothing to do with me. Oh well.

Not to mention that Darcy Regier is from Swift Current, SK :nana:

They take a vacation down south to enjoy the warm weather and the beaches.

I know the north shore of Lake Erie is the southern most part of Canada... But do you think it is a bit cold this time of the year?... :D

Always amazed me to see that region have a tobacco industry... Flue cured (dried), yet still an industry exists in such a cold climate.... Probably why all the Canadians come to America for their smokes... :doh:

Archived