Report on recently-departed Sabres

Eleven

The recent news on McKee piqued my curiosity about the other guys the Sabres lost this postseason, so I did a few googles and I'm reporting back. I'll try to do this semi-regularly if people care.

JP Dumont has been relatively quiet with two goals and a literal handful of points, but then again, the Predators have been quiet, too. News out of Tennessee has a lot more to do with the Vols comeback last night than ice hockey; I hope he can survive in that type of environment.

Rory Fitzpatrick has no goals, no assists, and has created one broken hand, but he's playing every night, so good for him.

Meanwhile, his teammate, Taylor Pyatt, is doing relatively well after the Canucks juggled their lines a little bit. News accounts credited his power play goal the other night as the "spark" that started Vancouver's offense in Saint Louis.

As we all know, in that same game, Jay McKee didn't fare so well. Out four-to-six weeks, courtesy of the aforementioned Mr. Fitzpatrick. So far, Jay has played several minutes of hockey this season, which is too bad. He's still a great defenseman, and I hope his year gets better when he gets back.

Mike Grier isn't making noise in San Jose, which is probably good; his best games go unnoticed. He's got a goal, no assists, and his +/- is even.

Finally, Chris Thorburn may be under contract in Pittsburgh, but that doesn't mean they have to let him play hockey. And they don't: He's played in only one game this season, where he racked up 9 penalty minutes and was -2. No points. That's not a great start, and it may be a while before he skates in a game again.

EDIT: Just for you, DeLuca, and just this once: Zhitnik is doing pretty well on the Island; he's got 3 assists in 8 games played and is +2 with 4 penalty minutes, which is either a couple of minor penalties or one stupid double-minor for boarding in a playoff game against Filly. Since there haven't been playoffs yet and since the Isles and Flyers won't be there anyway, I'll assume it's a couple of minors. Satan also is doing well, especially considering his breakup with Saddam. He appears to share the puck a little more in Nassau County than he did in Buffalo; he's got 7 assists in 8 games, and he also has a goal. We'll see these guys on the 26th.

The recent news on McKee piqued my curiosity about the other guys the Sabres lost this postseason, so I did a few googles and I'm reporting back. I'll try to do this semi-regularly if people care.

JP Dumont has been relatively quiet with two goals and a literal handful of points, but then again, the Predators have been quiet, too. News out of Tennessee has a lot more to do with the Vols comeback last night than ice hockey; I hope he can survive in that type of environment.

Rory Fitzpatrick has no goals, no assists, and has created one broken hand, but he's playing every night, so good for him.

Meanwhile, his teammate, Taylor Pyatt, is doing relatively well after the Canucks juggled their lines a little bit. News accounts credited his power play goal the other night as the "spark" that started Vancouver's offense in Saint Louis.

As we all know, in that same game, Jay McKee didn't fare so well. Out four-to-six weeks, courtesy of the aforementioned Mr. Fitzpatrick. So far, Jay has played several minutes of hockey this season, which is too bad. He's still a great defenseman, and I hope his year gets better when he gets back.

Mike Grier isn't making noise in San Jose, which is probably good; his best games go unnoticed. He's got a goal, no assists, and his +/- is even.

Finally, Chris Thorburn may be under contract in Pittsburgh, but that doesn't mean they have to let him play hockey. And they don't: He's played in only one game this season, where he racked up 9 penalty minutes and was -2. No points. That's not a great start, and it may be a while before he skates in a game again.

EDIT: Just for you, DeLuca, and just this once: Zhitnik is doing pretty well on the Island; he's got 3 assists in 8 games played and is +2 with 4 penalty minutes, which is either a couple of minor penalties or one stupid double-minor for boarding in a playoff game against Filly. Since there haven't been playoffs yet and since the Isles and Flyers won't be there anyway, I'll assume it's a couple of minors. Satan also is doing well, especially considering his breakup with Saddam. He appears to share the puck a little more in Nassau County than he did in Buffalo; he's got 7 assists in 8 games, and he also has a goal. We'll see these guys on the 26th.

I noticed that Vancouver doesn't even have Mika Noronen on the squad? What's the story with him? What did we get for him? A second round pick?

Good post man, anything on Paul Cyr?......... B-)

LOL!! Or how about Christian Ruutu?

great post.

and as long as we're asking for an update on cyr - what's going on with sean mckenna?

To find if Cyr is still in the game just put your ear to the ground, if he's playing it is only a matter of time before you hear the crash of a puck into the glass 25 ft wide of the net. I seem to recall a game against the Northstars when he had two 2-1s and shot the puck over the glass both times from just inside the blueline.

Forgot Janik - He seems to be getting top 4 D minutes with Tampa and says their style is more aggresive than Buffalo's.

for now janik is on the second pairing with filip kuba, ahead of nolan pratt, cory sarich, and luke richardson. he's playing solidly and has looked really good joining the rush. i always thought of him as a stay-at-home guy, but they've got him running and gunning down here.

can't forget curtis brown! he's playing with mike greir in san jose. 3 points, plus 2. i always liked that guy.

by the way im new. i like this forum. hi.

welcome Holly...

i always liked brown too. he's a classy guy, and he scored one of the best OT goals EVER!

CURTIS BROWN MAKES A MAD DASH DOWN THE ICE, GOES RIGHT BY DOMINIK HASEK AND PUTS BUFFALO IN THE DRIVER'S SEAT! HEADING BACK TO PHILADELPHIA FOR GAME NUMBER 5! CURTIS BROWN IN OVERTIME! BUFFALO, WITH A STRANGLEHOLD ON THE SERIES!

not yet

Should we start calling you AJ and Holly Lana? :P

Sorry Holly if the reference is confusing (or perceived to be in poor taste, it isn't meant that way, at least not towards you ;) ). It refers back to SDS's Bills' board where there is a significant amount of innocuous flirting going on between the 2.

Welcome aboard. I guess now I need to come up with a new line because "well boys and Monkeygirl" doesn't cover it anymore. :doh: (We finally have the blanking d'oh smiley. Yea!)

hmmm. no comment on the flirting ......

:bag:

so theres only two girls here? good i won't have to hear about how we should have kept taylor pyatt 'cuz he's sooooooo cuuuuuute.

bleh. this is getting off topic...

Girls aren't the only ones that had a fancy for Taylors pretty mug. :wub: :ph34r:

Archived