Peca buys house in Orchard Park

MBD

I would love to see Peca back in Buffalo. He played is best under Ruff, and as long as he understands it is Briere and Drury's team, he may be just the dose of veteran experience this team needs...he's also good on the faceoff...

I think that what happened before is just as much Darcy's fault as Peca's.

I would love to see Peca back in Buffalo. He played is best under Ruff, and as long as he understands it is Briere and Drury's team, he may be just the dose of veteran experience this team needs...he's also good on the faceoff...

I think that what happened before is just as much Darcy's fault as Peca's.

i've said ot before, and i'll say it again, darcy regier had nothing to do with the peca deal. Darcy should be getting credit for not cracking under the final days of the rigas crimes. It's because he's kept his mouth shut that he's been crapped on. That's even classier in my estimation. I'm hoping that darcy does open up, but that won't be till after he's long left hockey. As for peca buying a new house, didn't he already have a house in east amherst or somewhere? Maybe he's just relocating. If he does come back, hopefully its on the cheap.

Peca lives here in the off-season (I believe his wife is a WNYer), so I wouldn't read too much into the real estate deal...as for coming back, he's not getting any younger and he makes $4 MM/year - unless he would take a significant pay cut, I think Toronto or Ottawa (and Muckler) would be more likely scenarios...Plus, between Drury, Briere, Roy & Connolly (plus Zagrapan and Novotny), do we need another center?

"Peca would prefer to play in Toronto or Buffalo." Says who? How does a statement like that get in a real newspaper without attribution? If Mike or his agent said it, I would be interested and excited. But without attribution, it smells like just another rumor. I know, it's just the sports page, and they're not real "journalists." Still, I take this kind of stuff as seriously as I do almost anything else in the paper. I wonder why the standard is so much lower for the sports section.

Anyway, bring back Mike! I don't know why he would be cheap, though.

Mike at center and Pronger on the back end. Now we've got ourselves a hockey team!

Now it all makes sense. He's buying a house in OP because he's going to be joining the Bills as their new center. Heck, scrawny captain crunch can't get tossed around any more than the pantywaists the Bills have had on their O lines of late. And I bet J.P. wouldn't mind putting his hands under THAT center. :)

Now it all makes sense. He's buying a house in OP because he's going to be joining the Bills as their new center. Heck, scrawny captain crunch can't get tossed around any more than the pantywaists the Bills have had on their O lines of late. And I bet J.P. wouldn't mind putting his hands under THAT center. :)

I would hardly call Bennie Anderson and Mike Williams "pantywaists". Perhaps you meant pantrywaists... :o

Peca lives here in the off-season (I believe his wife is a WNYer), so I wouldn't read too much into the real estate deal...as for coming back, he's not getting any younger and he makes $4 MM/year - unless he would take a significant pay cut, I think Toronto or Ottawa (and Muckler) would be more likely scenarios...Plus, between Drury, Briere, Roy & Connolly (plus Zagrapan and Novotny), do we need another center?

i have not lived back in buffalo for at least 7 years, but if i remember, didn't peca and his hot wife (or at least his wife) star in a couple of commercials for Tops?

i have not lived back in buffalo for at least 7 years, but if i remember, didn't peca and his hot wife (or at least his wife) star in a couple of commercials for Tops?

I don't know if they were in multiple commercials, but they were definitely in the "we need tuna" commercial. She's hot, he's a dork, and the commercial was lame, but she's hot, and it works.

Yeah, what's up with that? Not to rate guys' looks, but the vast majority of hockey players couldn't score in a whorehouse. Missing teeth, gruesome scars, really bad facial hair -- and as athletes, they don't typically have great bodies. So what attracts the blonde trophies? Pure and simple, it's status and money. That's what attracts women. That's how shallow women are. Men are shallow, too, but we don't care how much money or power a woman has. We do not want to bang Theresa Heinz "57 Varieties" Kerry. So I guess most hockey players and their wives are matches made in heaven. But have you heard what the divorce rate is among professional athletes? Maybe as the women get some miles on them, and the men lose their status and wealth when they retire, the relationship peters out like a bad two on one break.

And that's my Sunday commentary.

Peca would fit well with the 2006-2007 Sabres. I'd welcome him back if he wanted to come here.

I agree with you if Connolly is unable to return to the lineup. But if he is able to come back, and is healthy, Peca would be no better than the 4th center on the team. I doubt he's willing to sign with the Sabres for 4th line center money.

I agree with you if Connolly is unable to return to the lineup. But if he is able to come back, and is healthy, Peca would be no better than the 4th center on the team. I doubt he's willing to sign with the Sabres for 4th line center money.

The Sabres never really played with the 1st line, 2nd line & 3rd line mentality. They roll 4 lines consistantly. Who was out number 1 line this year? An arguement could be made for any of our top three.

The Sabres never really played with the 1st line, 2nd line & 3rd line mentality. They roll 4 lines consistantly. Who was out number 1 line this year? An arguement could be made for any of our top three.

On the ice, I agree, but salary wise, Peca shouldn't make more than the top three guys, Drury, Briere, or Connolly. The reality is that his contract is higher than all three of those guys. Will he sign for less than what Connolly will make? Probably not.

Lindy changes lines enough to make it tough to say what line is #1, #2 & #3(4th line is pretty clear cut), but based on some common line combinations this past year, I'd say...

#1 - Hecht, Briere & Dumont

#2 - Connolly, Max & {fill in the blank}

#3 - Drury, Grier & {fill in the blank}

Use Roy, Pominville, Kotalik to fill in the 2nd & 3rd lines and the odd man out(Pominville) goes to the 4th line.

I still feel there will be one or two veterans(Dumont, Kotalik or Pyatt) who depart via trade prior to the 06-07 season and guys like Stafford or Paille taking their spots.

Its all that damn John $$$ Rigas' fault. Not the PECSTER! He wouldn't pony up the $1million to retain him. Then when they didn't resign him, Hasek blew up and demanded the trade.

I'd welcome him back for a solid fit with the '06-'07 Sabres.

Archived