2024 NHL Playoffs - ROUND TWO

13 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Not sure of your age. I think you're transitioning from young adulthood to very early middle age. You're a certain kind of fan at 20 and a different kind of fan at 40.

13 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Not sure of your age. I think you're transitioning from young adulthood to very early middle age. You're a certain kind of fan at 20 and a different kind of fan at 40.

37. I mean I’d say 40 is middle middle age so I’d be early middle age currently transitioning to that. But I know what you mean because people don’t consider middle age till at least 40 so early 40s would be “early stages of being middle aged” 

I dunno if that’s specifically relevant though. Maybe? That’s part of why I need the sabres to be good. You do raise a thoughtful point, I was 19 when the Sabres beat Ottawa 7-6 in OT. I’ll be at least double that when they do it again. More of my life will have been lived since 

it’s..I don’t even know what it will be like. I told you, I’m worried about how all this shakes out 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

And an even differenter kind of fan at 60.

• Thanks (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

In 2024 you really want to talk about Evander Kane and put up a meme of a monkey suit? Really? REALLY? 

Think it over. 

Jeebus Christmas, man. This post ⬆  ranks among the worst I've ever responded to on this board.

I'd suggest you think about things a little less.

And not for nothing: That meme depicts an animatronic orangutan (so, a great ape - not a monkey) that is malfunctioning in such a way as to amusingly suggest questions to the viewer like "bro, you serious?" It is a modern classic. One of my favourites. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, That Aud Smell said:

This post ⬆  ranks among the worst I've ever responded to on this board.

In a neat irony, the prior post suggesting that Ruff could unlock Tage's inner Evander Kane qualifies as a whopper of a bad take as well.

42 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Jeebus Christmas, man. This post ⬆  ranks among the worst I've ever responded to on this board.

I'd suggest you think about things a little less.

And not for nothing: That meme depicts an animatronic orangutan (so, a great ape - not a monkey) that is malfunctioning in such a way as to amusingly suggest questions to the viewer like "bro, you serious?" It is a modern classic. One of my favourites. 

Yes it is. and it's not always appropriate. But whatever. Stand on the ground you want to. 

• dislike 1

6 hours ago, Goldseatsaud said:

Teams up 3-1  I wonder. I think we’re going to a game 7 here with Ranger and bruins series I  thought the rangers and panthers were in control 

They're both up 3-2. That's not control? I'm not saying it can't happen though. But the only way each lose control at this point is if they lose the series. 

35 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Mitts has to be loving life. 

Yep. I’ve been happy for all the guys that escape this organization and actually get to play meaningful hockey. Except maybe Okposo this year. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, ... said:

Where was this Colorado team the past 3 games?

They dug down, but keep in mind Dallas was not as good. Different type of play but it was a lot like Boston Florida in that Boston dug down but Florida wasn't as good. Both series could still be over in 6. 

But all 4 series into game 7s would be excellent entertainment. 

Big night tonight, can Carolina hang on and force a game 7? 

Will Edmonton show up without needing the PP to get them through?

Vancouver playing wayyyy more physical than I expected them to, gives me a little glimmer of hope for the sabres to one day wake up and play that way. 

I have FLA vs EDM in my bracket for the finals, not sure that's gonna be what happens. NYR vs DAL seems like it would be a great final based on how those 2 teams look. Really don't like either team very much, but I think it would be good hockey and I would be pretty unbiased watching that series. 

• Like (+1) 1