AHL PLAYOFF GDT - Crunch @ Amerks - Sunday, April 28, 2024 - 3:05 PM (EDT) AHL TV, 950/95.7 WROC

Crunch never should have had the opportunity for the offensive zone faceoff that they scored on late in the period. Refs letting them get away with all sorts of crap. Playoff hockey my a.s.s.

The achilles heal of the Amerks all season has been their D zone play, especially by their defensemen, who too often have trouble making the simple outlet. 

Tyson Kozak is in for Neuchev this game. Kozak was a healthy scratch for game one.  Lots of fans somehow thought Tyson would be a future Sabre.  He’s a tough kid but he’s a long way from ever being considered an NHL prospect. 

6 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

The Amerks could not win a defensive zone face off all day and it was enough to give Cuse low percentage point shot goals/the win. 

My kid had fun either way. 

IMG_3605.jpeg

Just to be clear, I gave ya the awesome emoji for the fact you and your kid had a good time, regardless of the outcome. Creating great memories is always a winner.

And yeah, the inability to win key D zone faceoffs has been an issue all year. Because the Amerks’ D men just aren’t very good in their own zone and winning those faceoffs is crucial for them to have any chance to succeed more often than not.

• Like (+1) 1