Per Tim Graham a stake of 25% of the Buffalo Bills is for sale

Brawndo

Pretty obvious everything is for sale. From the Bills to the Nighthawks to the tiny little hockey team with a 13 year playoff drought somewhere in between. 

As for speaking up for private equity, Pegula is even more incompetent than I realized. Or heartless. Maybe both. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sabre The Cup said:

Agreed. 

@PASabreFan picked up on it too. What gave it away was how fast Wawrow and Graham responded to it and with a serious tone. Despite other posters attempting to dismiss. 

Reading that thread yesterday was amusing to see how quickly people attacked the credibility. Some people don’t want to burn their sources.

I didn’t understand why people were so quick to poo poo it when I thought it was a very real possibility. I know someone mentioned the new scoreboard and roof as proof why he wasn’t selling. When I heard the rumor I immediately thought that may been a condition of the deal. 

this is going to be a very interesting summer 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

Reading that thread yesterday was amusing to see how quickly people attacked the credibility. Some people don’t want to burn their sources.

I didn’t understand why people were so quick to poo poo it when I thought it was a very real possibility. I know someone mentioned the new scoreboard and roof as proof why he wasn’t selling. When I heard the rumor I immediately thought that may been a condition of the deal. 

Critical thinking! Folks, we're on our own. The pros like Rachel are not thinking or working for us.

Corporate communications is in her future.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

Except for the teams involved, the story was dead on!!!!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Except for the teams involved, the story was dead on!!!!

Wait, this story?

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/reports-that-terry-pegula-has-sold-the-buffalo-sabres

This is literally the headline:

Reports that Terry Pegula has sold the Buffalo Sabres

Is the curse finally lifted?!

This is dead on?

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

So what is the benefit of someing BUYING 25% share of the Bills?  I'm guessing if there is a sale of team anytime in the future, they are in best position to buy it?

That and they'd get 25% of the sale. If you haven't been following, the cost to buy a team has been rising by a lot year over year.

It's a MINORITY interest so it's no big deal. 

It could very well be a long term plan for an eventual "retirement" and sale way down the road. Potential to sell controlling interest or all interest down the road to the minority buyer and/or their associated group(s) at that time. But that could be like 10 or 20 years down the road. 

48 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Wait, this story?

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/reports-that-terry-pegula-has-sold-the-buffalo-sabres

This is dead on?

This has to be internet garbage. There's no way he could sell it without it making news, real news. 

59 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Wait, this story?

This is dead on?

He sold them some natural gas? He sold them a snickers bar? Maybe his old dodge stratus? Anything’s possible. 

16 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's a MINORITY interest so it's no big deal. 

It could very well be a long term plan for an eventual "retirement" and sale way down the road. Potential to sell controlling interest or all interest down the road to the minority buyer and/or their associated group(s) at that time. But that could be like 10 or 20 years down the road. 

He could live another 15-20 years.  

He’s over 70.  He also may not have many more years and really - I mean what happens with the teams if something were to happen to him say in the next 3-5 years? 

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Wait, this story?

This is dead on?

Yes. He nailed it. Except for the teams being sold and what percentage was being sold. But it did contain the words "Pegula" and "sell" so close enough.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mango said:

It has been clear for some time Terry needs some more cash. I think he is likely over invested in sports and the Harbor Center and doesn't have enough liquidity. 

"Nothing to see here I am not selling anything everything is cool. The years of a leaking roof, keeping the scoreboard for 2x the factory recommendations, bottom half spending across the NHL for a few years, and getting out of any major contractual obligations are just happenstance" - Terry Pegula

"I am selling stuff"- Also Terry Pegula

It isn’t sports and Harbor center, it’s his gamble on investing heavily in SPACs (Special Purpose Acquisition Company) the last few years. Inflation, high interest rates, and other economic factors have caused many investors to cash in their chips and bail out. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sabre The Cup said:

Pretty obvious everything is for sale. From the Bills to the Nighthawks to the tiny little hockey team with a 13 year playoff drought somewhere in between. 

As for speaking up for private equity, Pegula is even more incompetent than I realized. Or heartless. Maybe both. 

Well Kim was the biggest part of the Bills and she no longer can do that. That seems to be a big reason for his lost interest. So you can say heartless but maybe it's b.c his heart is broken is why it's happening.

Edited by Demoted

3 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

So what is the benefit of someing BUYING 25% share of the Bills?  I'm guessing if there is a sale of team anytime in the future, they are in best position to buy it?

Well if they buy 25% of the Bills on 2024 for $2 billion, and the Bills sell for $16 Billion in 2030 or whenever, looks like this rich person just got $2 billion dollars richer.  I know the numbers I used aren’t 100% accurate but I used easy numbers for maths sake. 

52 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yes. He nailed it. Except for the teams being sold and what percentage was being sold. But it did contain the words "Pegula" and "sell" so close enough.

And there are people patting said “news breakers” on the back.  I really dislike what the world has become. 

31 minutes ago, Demoted said:

Well Kim was the biggest part of the Bills and she no longer can do that. That seems to be a big reason for his lost interest. So you can say heartless but maybe it's b.c his heart is broken is why it's happening.

That’s no doubt a factor. 

Heartless was related to the private equity talk. 

32 minutes ago, inkman said:

Well if they buy 25% of the Bills on 2024 for $2 billion, and the Bills sell for $16 Billion in 2030 or whenever, looks like this rich person just got $2 billion dollars richer.  I know the numbers I used aren’t 100% accurate but I used easy numbers for maths sake. 

And there are people patting said “news breakers” on the back.  I really dislike what the world has become. 

You have to be way of anything that big being reported by someone you never heard of. 

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You have to be way of anything that big being reported by someone you never heard of. 

Trust me I am.  I just don’t like the rush to “break news” because everyone has turned into Arnold Horshak screaming for attention.  

• Like (+1) 2

Succession planning maybe.  

if I had won the damned powerball lottery a few weeks ago I would have put my hat in the ring.  But it might not have been enough…

Edited by cgang
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Second Line Center said:

He could live another 15-20 years.  

He’s over 70.  He also may not have many more years and really - I mean what happens with the teams if something were to happen to him say in the next 3-5 years? 

Well maybe that'll be in the minority owner deal. Maybe they will be offered first crack at buying a controlling interest or all of it? I was thinking, maybe it means his kids have no interest in owning a sports franchise and they'd rather have the money? That could be it. (or he doesn't want his kids to have it).