NHL Playoffs (First Round) discussion

SwampD

5 hours ago, Archie Lee said:

I could not disagree more.  Post-pandemic, 90% of NHL fan-bases would be so lucky to have such a fraudulent team to root for. 

Just looking at their roster and at who is producing for them night after night and it seems to me they have reached that point of critical mass where they have a high # of players who are either in, approaching, or just coming out of their prime performance years. 

Once you get down to 8 NHL teams, the road is tough (this is not the NHL I grew up watching where 12/16 or 16/21 teams were in the playoffs). 

Watching the Oilers and watching all the former Sabres who are in the playoffs, just reinforces how terribly the Sabres managed the post-tank years. It is really just the past couple of years that we should be a top 5-6 contender. 

Dude I know they actually aren’t frauds 

I dislike all Canadian teams and root against them. My post was just message board fodder.

They are PP merchants tho 

Edited by Thorny
And frauds
  • Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I dislike all Canadian teams and root against them. My post was just message board fodder.

It’s all message board fodder, Dude. 

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

What's going on with Matthews?

It seems ... bad.

Crushed ego. Could be fatal. 

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Just curious, but why? 

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

over saturation? Not sure what you mean by that. 

The media here severely oversaturates the market with Canadian team content under the guise that folks support these teams for no other reason than their geographical location. It’s hard to explain if you are a buffalo citizen (if you are) because you aren’t exposed to that narrative. Imagine being bombarded with Rangers content because they are representing your great nation’s cup pursuit.

I feel like you wouldn’t give a shite and ultimately come to resent the narrative 

• Like (+1) 2

I would like to see the leafs win tonight, so that one of these two teams has to lose in a  Heartbreaking game seven. It would also mean that the winning team had to play seven games and Will be a little more worn out Next round

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

The media here severely oversaturates the market with Canadian team content under the guise that folks support these teams for no other reason than their geographical location. It’s hard to explain if you are a buffalo citizen (if you are) because you aren’t exposed to that narrative. Imagine being bombarded with Rangers content because they are representing your great nation’s cup pursuit.

I feel like you wouldn’t give a shite and ultimately come to resent the narrative 

In Ontario, the Leafs get almost all of the oxygen. The other Canadian teams combine for a small percentage of the coverage.

There are people who look at me funny when I say I’m pulling for the Avs when there are Canadian teams left.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

Okay I get that actually. They definitely overdo it and I get sick of the Leafs love and McDavid/Edmonton most of all. I see what you mean now. I tend to avoid most of that coverage though (aside from the whining when they lose). I've always resented the idea that you HAVE to cheer for a Canadian based team if you are a Canadian. 

Last time I actually cheered for a Canadian team was with the Nordiques, because I wanted them to beat the habs. 

• Like (+1) 2

I just want the Bruin to get Toronto out.  That is a priority. 

How many times did we see Sabres defenseman fail to block a shot and screen their goalie?   At least a few.  It just happened to McAvoy.  

Remember that when it happens to  Dahlin or Power

2 minutes ago, ... said:

The Bruins should be on the PP for a boarding penalty rather than just being scored on.

If he wasn’t holding the stick of the TO player, I bet they call that. It was the correct no call, imo.