Fire Kevin Adams

Richard

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Why hasn’t Kevin Adam’s been fired???

Why? You want Terry Pegula hiring the next head coach? Kevyn Adams is one of the few that did the right thing today and told it like it is in a press conference. It was the first time I have heard honesty out of the Buffalo Sabres organization since Lindy Ruff 14 years ago. So no I wouldn’t fire Kevyn Adams in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Why? You want Terry Pegula hiring the next head coach? Kevyn Adams is one of the few that did the right thing today and told it like it is in a press conference. It was the first time I have heard honesty out of the Buffalo Sabres organization since Lindy Ruff 14 years ago. So no I wouldn’t fire Kevyn Adams in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I want Karmanos hiring the next year coach. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Please! Most posters on this forum were pointing out the shortcomings Adams noted in his presser about this roster and coaching staff since early in the season. He said playoffs were the expectation at the beginning.  He wasted a year!

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, phil_soisson said:

Please! Most posters on this forum were pointing out the shortcomings Adams noted in his presser about this roster and coaching staff since early in the season. He said playoffs were the expectation at the beginning.  He wasted a year!

He's going to waste another season next year. The roster needs significant upgrades and nothing Adams has done as GM makes you believe he can get the job done.

Any coach who signs here better be willing to sign a defacto 1 year contract.  Because Adams replacement next year is going to want to bring in his own guy.

• Agree 1
  • dislike 1

13 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Do they have fancystats on coaches?

Probably. They would also be reflected in how a team plays. 

Hell Granato kept benching Ryan Johnson even though there was all the fancy stats showing he's the 3rd best D. Then Granato put Byram and Jokiharju together and I've never seen a +98% in a shot chart, they got destroyed 5v5 and yet it took him multiple games to end that. 

Just not smart and seemed to be flailing. 

I am concerned that KA won't go far enough on the player acquisition side this off season. He seems to be a too little too late kinda gm. Always one step behind where he should be.

On a side note, management has said in the past that they will do whatever it takes to win a cup. But in KA's  press conference he specifically stated  they didn't make some moves because they didn't like the money or contracts. I get it you don't want to be stupid but you know there could have been trades made in the past couple of years that would have fallen under the "whatever it takes" area to make this team a contender the last two seasons and they didn't happen. Hopefully KA thinks his job is in jeopardy and is willing to take large steps instead of baby steps.

Edited by sabresouth
  • Like (+1) 1

Your remarks about Granato answers the question of whether a coach should use fancystats but doesn't really address the next level higher of are there fancystats for coaches themselves.

I wonder how one would "normalize" coach performance to take into account roster of each team?  For instance could one make the case using statistics that Torts should win Jack Adams for what he did with the crappy Flyers roster even though he didn't make the playoffs?

4 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

But in KA's  press conference he specifically stated  they didn't make some moves because they didn't like the money or contracts.

That doesn't mean TPegs vetoed anything or put Kevyn on a budget.  It may mean that Kevyn looked at resources in minus resources out and decided that to get a player it would hurt the team too much, or that to acquire a player it would have too much of a negative cap impact, possibly in the out years.

• Thanks (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

Hopefully KA thinks his job is in jeopardy and is willing to take large steps instead of baby steps.

I'm not sure large steps are required to get the team over the top.  You don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

For instance, everyone bags on Krebs right now, but for number of NHL games played I wonder how his fancystats compare to those of Mitts at the same point in Mitts' career?  We could trade him away right now as an accessory piece on a larger deal, but might Kevyn think he's the next player to blossom and trading him would be throwing value away?  I mean realistically, if they think Krebs is on the same trajectory as Mitts play-wise, *and* he plays with more of an edge, *and* projects as being hurt less often, maybe Krebs is the right guy to keep.  It's not so long ago that many here considered Mitts a bust.  (I'm  not saying I believe this is the case, just citing as an example of possible drivers behind who they keep and who they deal that are not readily apparent to fans.)

Edited by Doohickie

20 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I'm not sure large steps are required to get the team over the top.  You don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

For instance, everyone bags on Krebs right now, but for number of NHL games played I wonder how his fancystats compare to those of Mitts at the same point in Mitts' career?  We could trade him away right now as an accessory piece on a larger deal, but might Kevyn think he's the next player to blossom and trading him would be throwing value away?  I mean realistically, if they think Krebs is on the same trajectory as Mitts play-wise, *and* he plays with more of an edge, *and* projects as being hurt less often, maybe Krebs is the right guy to keep.  It's not so long ago that many here considered Mitts a bust.  (I'm  not saying I believe this is the case, just citing as an example of possible drivers behind who they keep and who they deal that are not readily apparent to fans.)

Yeah, to clarify, I should have said necessary steps

• Like (+1) 1

For example, I like UPL. Since January he has been excellent. But we had to go through last year and half of this year to get it. With a top tier goalie last year and this, we would have been in the playoffs both years. Sometimes we don't have to wait to make a significant impact.