Adams & Granato to return?

inkman

14 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I believe that Terry is trying to change his image as impatient.  That, plus the new contract most likely means Donny will stay.  

I agree with @LGR4GM in that Adams thinks long and hard before making a move.  You don’t fire a coach without knowing you have a good pool of candidates.  Has Adams been building a list and making contacts?  I doubt it.    Who is willing to come to Buffalo applies to coaches too. 

Most likely scenario is DG gets another year.  If he fails he gets fired during the season, and we finish with Ellis/Appert to get to 14.   After that a real coaching search.  

I’m wrong again.  Just saw DG got fired.  I hope Adams has a serious coaching search 

Edited by Pimlach

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

There are at least half a dozen "names" that would take the job for a sizable contact, knowing they can retire comfortably after a season and a half. Bruce Boudreau is one.

Sure there is.  Can he get them in the face of competition.  

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

never said it was, literally said adams won't fire granato in tampa and I doubt they fire the assistants right away because if they had been proactive they would have fired assistants in season. Granato needs to go and the team needs changes. I doubt we see many. 

Look at that, I was wrong. They did fire Granato and 1 assistant. I'm very curious why Ellis and Wilford were retained. 

Adams moved faster than I thought. 

25 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Look at that, I was wrong. They did fire Granato and 1 assistant. I'm very curious why Ellis and Wilford were retained. 

Adams moved faster than I thought. 

Because the assistants are the coach's decision would be my guess. I don't agree with it, but it makes the most sense: Adams doesn't have to lower the hatchet on those guys, the new coach does.

I have decided that, based on the way he operates, Adams is not smart and lacks a spine.

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Nope.  Donny has to go.  He might be great in a director of player development role but he will be looked at as the head coach that got fired.  That creates a tension and factions.

On the other hand, if TPegs wants something for the money he's paying Donny, it gives both sides a way to save face. 

26 minutes ago, ... said:

Because the assistants are the coach's decision would be my guess. I don't agree with it, but it makes the most sense: Adams doesn't have to lower the hatchet on those guys, the new coach does.

I have decided that, based on the way he operates, Adams is not smart and lacks a spine.

To play devils advocate, wasn’t Adams brought in specifically because he would fire a bunch of staff that Jbotts wouldn’t?

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Maybe not the Rangers but what about the Lightning in a best-of-7 series? Sabres are 5-1 in their last 6 against them 

My point is that when @LGR4GM (I think) said that just squeaking into the playoffs if Quinn had stayed healthy would not have been enough, I was saying that it's not out of the realm of possibility that the Sabres could beat the Rangers in a best of seven.  Unlikely?  Yes, but possible.  It's a moot point anyway.

And to further examine the point:  Just squeaking in and getting their ***** handed to them in the first round wouldn't have been a bad thing either.  It would expose the team to playoff hockey which is something they need to see to further their development.

3 minutes ago, #freejame said:

To play devils advocate, wasn’t Adams brought in specifically because he would fire a bunch of staff that Jbotts wouldn’t?

Maybe. If so, he sucks at that, too.

13 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

The teams in Tampa, highly doubt that decision would get leaked now and that it's been made. Adams will do exit interviews first, although I could see assistants getting cut tomorrow. 

That's if they actually are proactive which i doubt. 

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

• Haha (+1) 3
  • dislike 1

• SDS locked this topic
  • SDS unlocked this topic
7 hours ago, Mr. Allen said:

You really think a healthy Quinn all year would only win us 2-3 more games?  I’m guessing he would’ve scored 30 plus this year (if he never got hurt and had to come back twice).  He changes the dynamic of the entire offense as the 2nd line winger and PP unit. 

Probably only 2-3, ya. But that’s a non-negligible chuck, honestly. Individual players on hockey teams except for the top guys don’t seem to have huge WARs

17 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true Please be true please be true please be true

Jimmy had it 

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The team isn't bad. The team is underachieving considering the talent level it possesses.

Results are bad, don’t care about your semantics 

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I tend to scan posts so I'm prone to doing that. Sorry. 

The Sabres have had 7 coaches in this 13 year drought. The urge to get #8 is strong amongst fans, but it isn't going to happen.

WELL? 

Ftr I thought he’d be back too haha 

• Like (+1) 1