Players that should NOT be on this team next year

This team is in need of a come to hockey God makeover. Here is my list of players that need to go immediately:

Jost - Ahl player only

Girgs- sorry guy, you bring nothing to the table

Olofsson - should have been gone last year. 

Power - pipe dream I know but he is an embarrassment to the man card. His end of season chat need to start with "Grow a pair"

Skinner - time for him to move on. Slow,  lazy, defensive liability. 

Comrie - just not needed, nor good

Krebs - not good as 3rd liner just not enough talent. Not to mention we need a good flush of players.  

What do you think??

Edited by WhenWillItEnd66

• WhenWillItEnd66 changed the title to Players that should NOT be on this team next year
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

My first thought is that  anyone who writes off a 20 year old dman hasn't leant the lesson that history keeps teaching over and over and over again.   
My second thought is you are probably right about Skinner but it's virtually impossible

.  girgensons does bring something to this team and you need a couple of more guys like him to fill out your 4th line 

Krebs is a young centre trying to find his way, if he is part of a trade , I won't have any issue with this 

Agree with power,  but this team needs a kick your ass serious physical defenseman. Someone has to go.  Others are better and do not shy from physicality.  Like I said,  pipe dream and can get a lot better,  but you have to give to get.  In my eyes that would be power. I even like Joki better then him

18 minutes ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

This team is in need of a come to hockey God makeover. Here is my list of players that need to go immediately:

Jost - Ahl player only

Power - pipe dream I know but he is an embarrassment to the man card. His end of season chat need to start with "Grow a pair"

Krebs - not good as 3rd liner just not enough talent. Not to mention we need a good flush of players.  

What do you think??

Everyone but Power can go.

1 hour ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

Jost - Ahl player only

What do you think??

Picking the 6 worst players on the team saying they don’t need to be here isn’t exactly breaking news. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, inkman said:

Picking the 6 worst players on the team saying they don’t need to be here isn’t exactly breaking news. 

Agree. Not saying they are the worst... just those that can be cleared to bring in what can fix this team. 

Also,  must not be too much common sense,  they are all still here!!!

Just now, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

Agree. Not saying they are the worst... just those that can be cleared to bring in what can fix this team

They need to move on from some big names. Power would be a start.  Any or all of Dahlin, Thompson and Cozens should be available to anyone asking.  I’d trade Skinner to wherever he wants.  I don’t care if you have to give away 4 1sts to make it happen. Get that loser off this team. 

• Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • dislike 2

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

They need to move on from some big names. Power would be a start.  Any or all of Dahlin, Thompson and Cozens should be available to anyone asking.  I’d trade Skinner to wherever he wants.  I don’t care if you have to give away 4 1sts to make it happen. Get that loser off this team. 

You know,  I am with you here. This team needs a gutting. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

Before you start with major surgery, wouldn't you want to see what a real coach can do?  Yes, changes need to be made-  Need more physicality among the bottom

but when you start to analyze the issues of this team, it really comes down to poor starts (coaching) and poor PP (again with the talent on the roster I blame coaching ) 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Here I think is what we have going into next year 

XXX.       Tage   Tuch

JJP.      Cozens.   Quinn

Greenway.    XXX.   Benson

Girgs.   Krebs.     XXX

Skinner

Robinson

-----

3 positions to be filled , either by trade or UFA   

I’m sure we’d see fresh, new kids in those roster spots if they become available.

• Like (+1) 1

Dahlin has played 41% of even strength minutes and is a -7, a team worst -11.53 trpm.

Power has played 35% of even strength minutes and is a +3, -0.85 trpm.

Power is not the problem.

Cozens, Thompson and Dahlin are bottom 3 in trpm.   The fact those 3 get outscored at even strength and are part of an anemic power play is the problem.

• Agree 4

56 minutes ago, Weave said:

I’m sure we’d see fresh, new kids in those roster spots if they become available.

Of course they will become available, there is no competition for them.  Given everything Adams has said and done we could be younger next year.  

55 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Dahlin has played 41% of even strength minutes and is a -7, a team worst -11.53 trpm.

Power has played 35% of even strength minutes and is a +3, -0.85 trpm.

Power is not the problem.

Cozens, Thompson and Dahlin are bottom 3 in trpm.   The fact those 3 get outscored at even strength and are part of an anemic power play is the problem.

Dahlin is overplayed. 

Tage and Cozens have struggled this year and that has to change next season is this team is going anywhere.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Weave said:

That does worry me but I just have to believe that at least 2 if not all 3 holes are plugged by vets.  They just cannot afford to get younger 

another year in AHL for Kulich and Savoie is probably best for everyone.   Though both could be used as injury callups and hopefully ready to fill in at and play at a high level 

I'd be curious to know Dahlin's +/- with the Sabres goalie pulled this season.

Despite a career high in goals scored, he's not having the dynamic season he had last year. However, he's got a higher Corsi 5-on-5 than last season, and more blocked shots and hits. An average powerplay would have him closer to 70 points. He probably still tries to do too much and occasionally blows an assignment like every other defender. But overall, having the forwards do their jobs and finding a legitimate 2nd D pairing will be the things that make Dahlin a Norris contender.

Power needs work there is no doubt, but unless he is a trade piece( rather move Sammuelsson) it is too soon to give up on him. Jost, Comrie, Olofsson are on expiring contracts I believe——their time is done. I’m not against Girgs coming back though his spot could use an upgrade. Kulich, Rosen, R Johnson, Weissbach, Novikov, Murray; bring up the youngbloods! Trade Dylan C for a talented veteran and get some sand paper. Goal is set with UPL(new 3yr contract) and Levi. 

2 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Before you start with major surgery, wouldn't you want to see what a real coach can do?  Yes, changes need to be made-  Need more physicality among the bottom

but when you start to analyze the issues of this team, it really comes down to poor starts (coaching) and poor PP (again with the talent on the roster I blame coaching ) 

They need more physicality from the top players.  And the bottom players.  And the prospects. And the draft picks. There is nooooone in any of those guys. Getting rid of Granato may help but it won’t fix this team’s fundamental flaws.  They play like they aren’t allowed to touch anyone. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I'd be curious to know Dahlin's +/- with the Sabres goalie pulled this season.

Despite a career high in goals scored, he's not having the dynamic season he had last year. However, he's got a higher Corsi 5-on-5 than last season, and more blocked shots and hits. An average powerplay would have him closer to 70 points. He probably still tries to do too much and occasionally blows an assignment like every other defender. But overall, having the forwards do their jobs and finding a legitimate 2nd D pairing will be the things that make Dahlin a Norris contender.

I’m also curious how often Dahlin puts the puck directly on the opponents stick in prime scoring areas. We know he’s good for at least one goal to go off some part of him and them directly into the net several times a season.  

I just want Skinner gone. That's it. 

Jost, Girgs, Olofsson who cares, not relevant, should be upgraded, should be waived, they are all non entities to me with no value. Robinson, Krebs, Bryson, who cares? Pretty much the same marginal value.  Just get rid of Skinner, upgrade the bottom end, and then all of these mutts become irrelevant. 

Now who is this Comrie guy? Never heard of him. Does he play for them?

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

We need to get rid of the dead weight. We started with Okposo and Johnson. Next is all of the above mentioned except Power. If you’re not scoring or hitting, get off the team 

Or if you get scored on more than you score, get off the team. 

2 hours ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

Dahlin is seriously overplayed.  He looks gassed by the second period.

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Of course they will become available, there is no competition for them.  Given everything Adams has said and done we could be younger next year.  

Dahlin is overplayed. 

Tage and Cozens have struggled this year and that has to change next season is this team is going anywhere.  

If your $11 million dollar player is on the ice “too much” maybe he’s the wrong player.