Thompson!

gilbert11

On 3/30/2024 at 12:06 AM, Buffalonill said:

But magically shows up When it's all over with...

And if that's true He should have Shut himself down until he was healthy.

Yeah NHL players shut themselves down when they're hurt.  Just when you seemingly can't get more ridiculous,  you do. 

On 3/29/2024 at 7:50 PM, gilbert11 said:

Who was it on here the other day that said he sucks and should be traded?

C’mon, fess up!!

Probably me. Streaky, injury prone, likes to have babies like there’s something more important than hockey. 

52 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Ok... you don't get it 

Spewing nonsense doesn't make you a hero.  The team sucks and it fits your posting history perfectly.  You think that makes you smart.  

56 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

Spewing nonsense doesn't make you a hero.  The team sucks and it fits your posting history perfectly.  You think that makes you smart.  

Man, I have been nothing but positive when the seasons started 

Sorry for voicing my opinion when the team is ***** absolutely horrendous

• Like (+1) 1

I guess we've determined he's hurt and gets a pass for being less productive than last year.  

I like him but he and several others looked to be floating back on D many nights when things didn't go their way.  

All depends on the player. Like him, they get a pass.  We'll see. Some get paid and make business decisions. Will revisit in a year. Maybe a new coach will change things . 

18 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I don't think there's any issue with voicing your opinion but you don't like when it's challenged.  

For example,  how could you possibly know if Tage has or hasn't been hurt?  You don't just say, well I don't think he was/is/has been.  You say , oh yeah,  if he's so hurt, why didn't he pull himself from the lineup?

That's just being overtly nonsensical because you take entirely too much joy from the demise of the team. 

It's nauseating and I'm calling you out on it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

I don't think there's any issue with voicing your opinion but you don't like when it's challenged.  

For example,  how could you possibly know if Tage has or hasn't been hurt?  You don't just say, well I don't think he was/is/has been.  You say , oh yeah,  if he's so hurt, why didn't he pull himself from the lineup?

That's just being overtly nonsensical because you take entirely too much joy from the demise of the team. 

To be fair, how do you know he was hurt? It's all speculation either direction. Tage has been average this year. That's a fact. All else is 'whatever'

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

30 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

You do realize I said "and if that's true" 

Nvm go on 

15 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

You’re not wrong. 

14 hours ago, oddoublee said:

To be fair, how do you know he was hurt? It's all speculation either direction. Tage has been average this year. That's a fact. All else is 'whatever'

To be fair,  I didn't claim to know.  Interesting that you didn't ask this question of the person,  who said he doesn't believe he's been hurt.

We agree, Tage has not played well.  All else isn't whatever,  it's opinion.  I don't like when it's presented as truth. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

How in the world did I make it up ? 

Never one time I told anybody Thompson was hurt .

But let's continue 

Nah, you're not honest, which makes you boring. 

Edited by 7+6=13

26 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Boy is finally on a bender.

9 goals, 8 assists, 17 points, +12 in his last 12 games.

Team is 7-5 over that stretch.

If he'd have been able to tie that to UPL's Jan-Feb hot streak, they're probably in the mid-80s for points and in the playoff picture (but, hand/wrist injury from blocking shots on the PK).

Edited by DarthEbriate

Sometimes I wonder if signing Cozens and Thompson to those contracts will end badly. Then I glance at Pierre-Luc Dubois's contract with LA and feel like it's all good in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I think it's that he became a father. That had to be a big distraction, but he seemed to adjust as season went on. He'll be better next year 

Said no Sabre fan ever. /s