Staying the course - Comments from Season Ticket Holder Q and A

Derrico

20 minutes ago, SabreFinn said:

The best for Krebs would be to go to a team like Sharks or Blackhawks to play bigger minutes with more responsibility.

I think the best thing for krebs is the 4th line on a average to below average team like the.....sabres? Dude has 3 goals. Z and Kyle have more....what's Krebs excuse? 

He was one of KAs eichel trade pieces...he's getting all the opportunities in the world...and some would argue more than he deserves. 

The 3 C talk is something I am praying KA is saying to the public bc Krebs is on the team and bad mouthing him is pointless....but behind closed doors he is telling pegula and DG that they need to find a 2/3 C for less than 7 million in the worst way.

I don't know what the #@*& this front office is doing 

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Sabres73 said:

This has been a disappointing year, but I'm hopeful for many years of success coming. What is more disappointing has been reading flat out dumb comments this season from so-called fans spewing a lot of crap, in my opinion. I'm very disappointed in a lot of the posters on this site. Flame away.

Reading your posts for awhile now, you take criticism of the team very personally… Moreso than any other poster it seems to me…

You aren’t a player, a relative or an employee by chance? Of course you couldn’t say if you are…

Not hard to disagree without being disagreeable… Lot of strong personalities and opinions on this message board… The Sabres bring out the best and worst in us at times…

Here’s the thing… We’re all fans…

Not long ago one among us (can’t recall who) put it best… “Disrespect the post, not the poster.”

Just my opinion.

Edited by Believer
  • Like (+1) 8

Obviously we all show our disappointment and anger towards the team in different ways. Maybe becuase we have been following them for so long and know what it feels like to win and be a exciting team (remember that???) and now to go through years of pain and boring meaningless hockey gives us the right to rant now and then.  Important to remember that there is no such thing as a wrong opinion...just a worng way to accept that person's opinion. I too think that there is a lot of comments and reactionsd towards others that is in poor taste and could be taken as offensive. In th eend we are all Sabre fans or we would not be here, and we certainly would not be enduring year after year of frustration and disappointment.

On another note, already tired of hearing people lamenting the trade of Casey. Get over it...we got a top-2 d-man and clearly Casey wanted far more then we could  give him. There was no eway KA made this move unless totally forced to do so. 

At thsi point we may as well stay the course. I do hope we can bring in a few fresh faces in the off season (likie grit and someone who can actually win a few faceoffs...oh don't tell me...we had one of the best faceoff guys and traded him right?)

• Like (+1) 1

I think Scott Laughton is the bottom 6 centre target. Last year Greenway was linked to the Sabres prior to the deadline. This year there were Mitts for Byram rumours a few weeks back. Laughton had been linked to the Sabres for a few weeks also. My guess is that the Flyers unexpected success caused them to push the deal to the off season. 

As for the reference in a post above to people being upset with the Mitts trade, I think it has less to do with people not liking the value of the deal or the return, than it does to us still being a team that is gathering assets and willing to create a gaping hole in order to fill another. Yes, Byram is a great add. But now we only have 3 true centres in our line-up. We have an important week ahead of us and our GM doesn’t believe enough in the team he iced this year to support them by acquiring a centre who could help down the stretch. The frustration comes from not knowing when we are going to become a serious team. 

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, spndnchz said:

I don’t think that’s all I got from. Your last point may be a bit off base. 

DONT mistake me for a Lovergirl 

we can call this one dud. Unless something happens in the offseason. 

15 yrs STH I’m skipping next season 

gonna get me some Bandits tics. Maybe a mini for Sabres

You didn’t like the pizza logs?

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, French Collection said:

When I hear KA thinking of getting a veteran 4C I envision a Riley Sheahan type of move.

He needs to get a 3C who Krebs competes with for the role.

Girgs is going to be the 4C.  If he were not he would have been traded for anything at the recent deadline.

I agree they need a 3C and better 4th line wingers.  And some other stuff too.  4C would not be on my list.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, spndnchz said:

I don’t think that’s all I got from. Your last point may be a bit off base. 

DONT mistake me for a Lovergirl 

we can call this one dud. Unless something happens in the offseason. 

15 yrs STH I’m skipping next season 

gonna get me some Bandits tics. Maybe a mini for Sabres

Damn !!

I always envisioned you as a lovergirl.

8 minutes ago, Derrico said:

You didn’t like the pizza logs?

She must mean the second to last point.

Drawing hard conclusions from an event like this is not worth much. 

It's clear by now that the core they've re-signed will remain long-term, supported by a few veterans, and their conviction younger players will improve.  It's a stay the course thing and that's always been the plan.

Biggest issue for me is the inconsistent effort this season.  They have a void in leadership with both management and players to hammer home this is a results-based organization.  I'm not seeing how they'll address that with the room of who will be there next year.  They've tried using people who've grown up in the organization.  They've tried importing leaders.  Neither attempt has worked.  

I'd hope Adams is open to replacing the HC if they go down the stretch lukewarm to finish the season.  But I'm not holding my breath either. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Sabres73 said:

"Sounds like they are preparing to miss again next year". I don't know what you were listening to dude, but that's a ridiculous comment for someone to make if they did indeed listen to it.

This has been a disappointing year, but I'm hopeful for many years of success coming. What is more disappointing has been reading flat out dumb comments this season from so-called fans spewing a lot of crap, in my opinion. I'm very disappointed in a lot of the posters on this site. Flame away.

I don’t think it’s ridiculous at all.

Whats disappointing to me is that people can still buy into their promise of the future, while watching them do nothing to change that future. Unless the internal cap (which I personally believe exists) gets lifted, and we see a much different off-season this summer, I think we’re going to get the same season we have seen this year.

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

If anything, regardless if we agree or disagree with their moves or plans; I do think both care greatly about the team. So that's a positive I guess

I guess. That, and a cup of coffee will get you another year of missing the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LETSTUCHINGO said:

I'm with ya, but with how well Bo and the team has played the last 2 games, it has softened the blow. I'm holding out hope........

Right.  I just thought it was odd wording, particularly if that was the phrase used by Kevyn.

"Look at this great success story.  Yeah, we shipped him out."

11 hours ago, Sabres73 said:

"Sounds like they are preparing to miss again next year". I don't know what you were listening to dude, but that's a ridiculous comment for someone to make if they did indeed listen to it.

I agree with you totally. I understand this is a message board, this is a place to vent, and we all (me included) can post some emotional stuff.  But I wanted this team to make the playoffs this year, but I am truly happy with the direction they are going, I dont' think they need wholesale changes, a Headcoach change (maybe an assistant coach change I'd be good with), or a GM change. Frustration on this forum I get, but the name calling, hoping for failure just for change, thats not me.   Now, if they go into next year, make no changes, have few injuries and they still miss the playoffs by 10 points...yeah, I'll be open to more big changes then.

I think this team has legitimately LEARNED to play better in their own end (forwards especially this year)  I think this team has found a 'better' long term goaltender then they had in recent years. I think Tage is playing hurt and next year he will bounce back to at LEAST a 40 goal scorer. And I think this is the youngest D-group on the league, and they will get better with each game experience they get.  Those are the reasons I think they are on a 'good path' and am content...not with their current spots in the standing, but where I think they will be next year without firing/trading as many people as many on this board are calling for.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Sounds like they are preparing to miss again next year. Watch the teams that build each and every year towards the playoffs and beyond and compare that to KAs plan. Unwavering mediocraty. Just get by. Maybe we’ll squeek in. If we get lucky. If we avoid injuries. If the young guys all take that step. If our goaltending wins us games. If we can turn our power play around. If Krebs could just be a goalscorer. All whatifisms. Loser mentality. Gawd dammit I want a winner at the helm. Its going to be a long offseason. In KA we trust ?

He has some people convinced. The more casual fans on social media have been parroting "You don't understand the plan. We are the youngest team in the league". Or "This is the first year that Adams TRIED to make the playoffs. So he has really only failed once. You have to give the guy more than 1 year."

There is a stat out there that something like 47% of all internet activity is from bots/ai. I often wonder if the team pays for them to carpet bomb the comments. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Believer said:

Reading your posts for awhile now, you take criticism of the team very personally… Moreso than any other poster it seems to me…

You aren’t a player, a relative or an employee by chance? Of course you couldn’t say if you are…

Not hard to disagree without being disagreeable… Lot of strong personalities and opinions on this message board… The Sabres bring out the best and worst in us at times…

Here’s the thing… We’re all fans…

Not long ago one among us (can’t recall who) put it best… “Disrespect the post, not the poster.”

Just my opinion.

Some info on Sabres73

- Kevyn Adams was born in 74...hmmmm off by one year? Why? To throw us off the scent? If he was Sabres74 he would have certainly have been outed.
- Joined October 2021. The starting month of Kevyn Adams first full 82 game season. And just before the Eichel trade? 
- Their first post was on the Eichel thread before he was traded. (10/21)
- Second post called the Tage Thompson signing "genius" (1/23)
- 3rd post said that they were glad fans were not the GM of the team. (1/23)
- 4th post was "I will take what this GM has done"(1/23) 
- Most posts are about how amazing the GM is and how bad the fans are.

I basically confirmed Sabres73 (74?) is Kevyn Adams. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3