GDT / Winnipeg Jets @ Buffalo Sabres Sun. 3/3/24( MSG/ WGR Radio

Just now, CallawaySabres said:

I am curious as to how many players are shipped out of here at the deadline.

Very few will be. Maybe EJ, maybe Zemgus.  I doubt anyone wants VO or Okposso. 

2 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

We never beat this team.  Even without Hellebuyck.  Unreal.  

They struggle against teams that are well coached and disciplined.   They are getting better but still aren't there yet 

the unfortunate part is it's guys like Tuch not battling, skinner with lazy penalties and bad passes and Tage unable to clear the zone that are often killing them 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

The most obnoxious excuse to me is we are out of gas.... Don't we have 1 of the youngest lineups in hockey? How are we out of gas? Yet Winnepeg has played in back to back games also and are flying around all over us and most of their guys are big dudes. WTF is always with this team and the "out of gas" bs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SABRESfan said:

They had this team on the ropes.  They had them.  A complete collapse.

They had a one goal lead, running on fumes, with UPL holding the fort for as long as he could against a much better team. It felt inevitable that it would not end well. And it didn't.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, CallawaySabres said:

The hard work will be in July and at the draft. Some top level prospects absolutely have to get traded for real NHL players. This team hangs on for dear life too many times in the third

Real NHL players don’t want to come to buffalo 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, GoPuckYourself said:

The most obnoxious excuse to me is we are out of gas.... Don't we have 1 of the youngest lineups in hockey? How are we out of gas? Yet Winnepeg has played in back to back games also and are flying around all over us and most of their guys are big dudes. WTF is always with this team and the "out of gas" bs.

Not enough bag skates

I didn’t see it.  Listening is not satisfying with the ineffective play by play.  

Sounds like they ran out of gas against a better team. 

Like after any loss it’s sucks, but this season is nit going to be special. 

2 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

Tuch has to be hurt.  Has to be.  

6 points since January and 2 were in one game.  

He's a gentle giant, he's the Tin Man and the lion rolled into one.  Missing heart and courage.   I know he wants to be a sabre but if he needs to go to bring in a legit top 4 RHD. ... so long 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

4 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Age has nothing to do with it.  The average age difference is probably only 4 years. The players are all in amazing shape.  The Jets are just better.  Look at the team stats. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Practices not rigorous?… Strength & Conditioning not enough cardio?

Whatever it is, it is a Sabre problem… Jets played last night and never looked gassed all night… They set the tone with a fast, physical game… We  didn’t respond.

• Agree 2

Wookie, did you watch that play near the end of the game ??? You have cozens battling 2 jets and Tuch just standing there.   he won't stand in front of the net and battle on the PP and has now been replaced by KO and Greeenway.  - both who do have the courage.   When your 6'4 vet winger played soft , what message does that send the youngsters ? 

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, SwampD said:

Dahlin’s on the table if he can get someone else that will actually make this team better.

Hes not as good as he thinks he is.

Worst take I've heard on this site in a long long long long time.   He is everything you want in a player 

Good game. They are playing much harder. Question is where was this in the first half of the season? PP looks much better so why has it taken this long to figure it out.

Winnipeg might be the most playoff ready team right now. Them and Florida.

5 minutes ago, Believer said:

Practices not rigorous?… Strength & Conditioning not enough cardio?

Whatever it is, it is a Sabre problem… Jets played last night and never looked gassed all night… They set the tone with a fast, physical game… We  didn’t respond.

The Jets' game started at 12:30 EST yesterday.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, SwampD said:

Dahlin’s on the table if he can get someone else that will actually make this team better.

Hes not as good as he thinks he is.

For the right pieces, they all should be on the table except UPL, imo.

Listening to Adams on the pregame show, didn’t sound like he was going to do much. Maybe give KO and Girgenson a chance with contenders if they want it.