GDT/ Buffalo Sabres @ Montreal Canadiens Weds 7pm, ESPN+ MSG & WGR radio

Shoot da Puck

Just now, Doohickie said:

Eh.  That might just tell Kevyn that the team is on the right track.  I don't want him to have that impression.

If he can't evaluate the entire season and figure out the adjustment needed than we are screwed again.  

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Don't you think last season's finish influenced his offseason?

It sure did - he did next to nothing to take the next step so he over rated his team, his coaches and himself.  I still don't want them to lose just because the GM is an idiot and can't see a good season from a bad one.   

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

When is the draft lottery?

It's usually midweek during the first round of the playoffs. Why a random weeknight instead of Saturday night on HNIC? It's the NHL and they don't want to make a big deal out of it.

Why do I know the general timing of the lottery draft?

Because I'm still a Buffalo Sabres fan.

That's true, I love WJC-games. What they ment was basically Anaheim and Buffalo do not have mature structured ways of playing, there is a lets see what happens mentality instead of a pattern.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

You haven't been around much lately.  

Enjoy the Amerks game.  

Thanks Punch. 

I've been on hiatus. After the crappy end to the Bills season and the Sabres looking like ass most nights, I've been pretty quiet. Not to mention I caught the Rona like 3 weeks ago. I somehow avoided it for 4 years. Not even sure where or who I got it from, lol. 

• Thanks (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, SabreFinn said:

That's true, I love WJC-games. What they ment was basically Anaheim and Buffalo do not have mature structured ways of playing, there is a lets see what happens mentality instead of a pattern.

I just figured they saw the Ducks and Sabres as having juniors level talent on their NHL roster.  

4 hours ago, inkman said:

Amerks and Sabres both tonight at 7.  Both played Monday afternoon at the same time and both play Friday at the same time.  I realize they probably don’t give it one thought but should they?  I’m guessing in their wildest dreams they couldn’t picture WNY hockey fans choosing the AHL over the NHL but I’m about to do exactly that.  Hell, if the prospects were actually doing anything the last dozen games, this wouldn’t even be a contest.  

Whose our best prospect (not including Levi) in Rochester? Is it Kulich or is Rosen moving up the ranks? 

47 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

It sure did - he did next to nothing to take the next step so he over rated his team, his coaches and himself.  I still don't want them to lose just because the GM is an idiot and can see a good season from a bad one.   

My cynical side says any significant offseason change will depend on how the fans are feeling. The customers. Right now if the season ended today (God's ears) DG would be gone. But we know fans are fans and can easily be fooled. A really strong finish that gets the Sabres within shouting distance of the playoffs? I think DG stays.

When do the season ticket renewals go out?

37 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Whose our best prospect (not including Levi) in Rochester? Is it Kulich or is Rosen moving up the ranks? 

Or maybe Novikov on D.  Only 20.   Big kid at 6'3" 207 that will get bigger and stronger.  Needs to stay down there awhile but he could be something.  

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

My cynical side says any significant offseason change will depend on how the fans are feeling. The customers. Right now if the season ended today (God's ears) DG would be gone. But we know fans are fans and can easily be fooled. A really strong finish that gets the Sabres within shouting distance of the playoffs? I think DG stays.

My cynical side says any offseason change is dependent on whether Darth Pegulas the Wise is watching the playoffs and some UFA catches his eye that will put this team over the top...  the Ehrhoff, Leino, or Hall type that could get him to open up the wallet for someone.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Oye.  Tough to say right now.  As you mentioned it’s Levi hands down. After him, still has to be Kulich and Rosen but neither have done anything in 2024 that make you think they are knocking on the NHL’s door.  Kulich still has 17 goals in 35 games.  Pretty damn impressive despite his recent slump.  Lucas Rousek is leading the team in scoring and assists, 36 & 27 respectively in 42 games.  Rousek should get a look soon.  

Neuchev and Novikov are players to keep an eye on.  Neuchev has Afinogenov type speed (not quite his overall game) and Novikov is a big Rooskie putting up .5 PPG same as Neuchev.  Neither should get a sniff soon but maybe a late call up next season.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Don't you think last season's finish influenced his offseason?

Absolutely… Rookie GM mistake.

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

What does you other cynical side say?  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.