GDT LA Kings at Buffalo Sabres Tues 7pm MSG/ ESPN+

Shoot da Puck

Just now, French Collection said:

I have to admit the Dmen have been good, moving the puck with good decisions. I don’t miss Power trying to shield the puck with his body on the wall while the other team overwhelms him into a turnover.

Power gets a ton of ice time every game he plays.   I know he/they watch film, but maybe  missing a few games and getting to watch from up high/the pressbox is something that might be really really good for him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

😂 Ooh boy. You among many were pretty down on UPL and you were ready to jettison him. And you're going to dock points because UPL wasn't perfect from the get go???

What are you talking about? UPL gets full credit

full stop 

if you can’t understand why Kevyn Adams doesn’t get credit for the goaltending this season, im literally not writing it all out again. It’s obvious. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Power gets a ton of ice time every game he plays.   I know he/they watch film, but maybe  missing a few games and getting to watch from up high/the pressbox is something that might be really really good for him.

Good point, the break may give him a physical and mental reset.

In the past 20 games, the Kings have a 4 game losing streak, an 8 game losing streak..and now tonight?  I watched a couple Kings games earlier in the year....they were GOOD. Not winning by getting lucky goals, they were dominating other teams. What has happened to them?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, mjd1001 said:

In the past 20 games, the Kings have a 4 game losing streak, an 8 game losing streak..and now tonight?  I watched a couple Kings games earlier in the year....they were GOOD. Not winning by getting lucky goals, they were dominating other teams. What has happened to them?

I was going to ask the same thing. Their switch has completely flipped

why?

(i haven’t really kept up with the league at large)

Edited by Thorny

3 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Power should have been benched for a few games a couple times this season… 

He gets big minutes so Adams can rationalize his contract in terms of Cost Per Minute…

Laughable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

What are you talking about? UPL gets full credit

full stop 

if you can’t understand why Kevyn Adams doesn’t get credit for the goaltending this season, im literally not writing it all out again. It’s obvious. 

You're just allergic to giving Adams any credit.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I was going to ask the same thing. Their switch has completely flipped

why?

(i haven’t really kept up with the league at large)

One small part may be Doughty  leading the league in time on ice (he was at least, he still has to be close) with some games with 28, 29 or even 30 minutes.....well, when you rely on someone for that who is now 34 years old...it might be a BIT too much.  In the last 10 years, he has the most ice time in the league, that has to wear you down after a while.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

You're just allergic to giving Adams any credit.

No, you just aren’t grasping the obvious 

Was Adams’ job to provide good goaltending for this season? Or was Adams’ job to, at some point, roster a good goalie this season?

It’s an 82 game season, the goal was to provide the roster with good GT for our season. The goaltending was *below average*, statistically, for the first half of the season. Two goalies that don’t belong in the NHL have played *half* the games.

Why would this deserve credit? Did he handle the position WELL? Do you think the 3 headed goalie monster worked? Did it provide adequate results?

I already said: if the goaltending is good next year, Adams gets credit for good goaltending. Pretty simple 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • dislike 1

3 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

One small part may be Doughty  leading the league in time on ice (he was at least, he still has to be close) with some games with 28, 29 or even 30 minutes.....well, when you rely on someone for that who is now 34 years old...it might be a BIT too much.  In the last 10 years, he has the most ice time in the league, that has to wear you down after a while.

This seems right 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.