Trade Deadline: What Sabres likely to be moved?

sweetlou

20 hours ago, sweetlou said:

The list seems to be getting longer with the probability that the Sabres will be sellers this year as the playoffs look out of range again. 

The obvious- Could get 2nd to 4th rd picks in return.

Oloffson, Girgensons, and EJ.

Could be- Teams looking for depth, KA should just get what ever he can get. May have to retain salary.

Okposo, Jost, Comrie, and Robinson

Moves to shake things up

Joker, and Krebs

Interesting to hear who else Sabres Spacers may be ready to move on from??

I believe we could see another type of blockbuster with one of the young players or prospects either at trade deadline, but definitely in the off-season.

Some of you just don’t get that Okposo is the captain and leader of this team.  I don’t think management would want to trade him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, gilbert11 said:

Some of you just don’t get that Okposo is the captain and leader of this team.  I don’t think management would want to trade him.

Welcome back!

Point of fact: the Sabres have traded every captain since Gil Perreault.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Welcome back!

Point of fact: the Sabres have traded every captain since Gil Perreault.

Another point of fact .. they traded every Captain before him too.  That is how 11 became captain.  They traded Gare.

Actually, the first captain (Smith) retired and became coach.

• Thanks (+1) 1

I think this organization is in love with their prospects and cannot see the forest through the trees. Players like Savoie, Rosen, Kulich etc are all the same. Some of these guys need to be moved for established players. Top 4 RHD is #1.  Defensively responsible bottom 6 players are next. I'd move Mitts for a top 4 D man. His skillset doesn't help on a 3rd line. IMO.

The top 6 seems to be set. I'd assume once Skinner's contract is up, he is replaced with Benson or Kulich (if still here).

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch

JJ-Cozens-Quinn

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Another point of fact .. they traded every Captain before him too.  That is how 11 became captain.  They traded Gare.

Actually, the first captain (Smith) retired and became coach.

Schoenfeld was asked to give up the captaincy so that Marcel Pronovost could select a captain.  He chose Gare.  Both were infamously traded simultaneously to Detroit.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, tennessee dan said:

Nobody wants our spare parts and 4th line players.  They want our prospects.  They should dump the entire fourth line for a bag of pucks or just waive them.  Bring up prospects for a 4th line and development.  A veteran, hard ass coach is the first move.

Welcome to the board!

People will trade expensive spare parts for our cheaper spare parts for cap reasons.  We can expect our 4th liners to return late round pick.  An actual hockey trade, however, is unlikely without our prospects.

• Agree 1

Olofsson by the trade deadline

Off season would like to see Samuelson part of a package with a prospect or two in return for a reliable D or a big Forward with grit… Guy has no grit, plays inconsistent, and is injury prone… Get top value for him while we can.

43 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Because no one has offered enough. No way is he worth two 1st round pieces and a 2nd. 

Maybe, maybe not. For me it is what he can be signed for that also matters. And ofcourse what he can bring to the team. They invested big money for many years in Owen Power, who is not yet playing on a level where he is worth the invested money. So they might have to make another investment to make the first one pay off. No ideal situation. For Owen it might also be growing pains that disappears over summer. I Still think Power-Tanev would rock.

3 minutes ago, SabreFinn said:

Maybe, maybe not. For me it is what he can be signed for that also matters. And ofcourse what he can bring to the team. They invested big money for many years in Owen Power, who is not yet playing on a level where he is worth the invested money. So they might have to make another investment to make the first one pay off. No ideal situation. For Owen it might also be growing pains that disappears over summer. I Still think Power-Tanev would rock.

Power gets the big money, NEXT year.  

Tanev could help, but not for Joker, Rosen, and a #2.  

Girgensons, Comrie, Jost, Stillman, Bryson, Olofsson, Johnson, Jokiharju, Clifton.  

Upside play: Krebs 

I would only really include Okposo, if he asks or says something about being open to being traded.  He's an expiring that, I am okay keeping.  The same degree with Zemgus, but I'd move him if he was ready to try something new.

On 1/14/2024 at 8:40 AM, SabreFinn said:

Jokiharju, Rosén and a 2nd to Calgary for Tanev if he is willing to sign for two years at reasonable cap hit.

I can see us moving on from Krebs. McLeod from Devils is high on my wishlist.

And I think Sabres should be buyers, not sellers.

So you want to get worse.  McLeod is a dud.  As for the first offer that's a drastic overpay for a 34 year old UFA to be.  

On 1/14/2024 at 9:58 AM, GoPuckYourself said:

Adams keeps saying on WGR that he believes this will all work itself out, the man is completely clueless imo. Something is clearly not right when your entire roster aside from 2 players has regressed. He won't do a thing but if he was smart (hockey smart) which he doesn't appear to be then he'd trade Mittlestadt for a top 4 defensemen because there is no way in hell I'm giving that guy another 7+M contract for what he brings, he's a solid complimentary player but his value is never going to be higher than right now and if we truly want a top 4 Dman I think he's the player who can help get us 1, if it takes a Savoie or our 1st to help bring said player here then you throw that in as well depending on the player but Adams refusues to give up picks and prospects or mess with this core of players in general so it will be more of the same until this staff is let go unfortunately.

He's ***** delusional.  That's all.  Have some balls you eunuch (KA).

Edited by Rasmus_

On 1/15/2024 at 6:48 AM, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

Please move the whole team.  owner, management, coaching for an expansion style team.  I bet they would do better!! 

Who cares if they do better somewhere else? This makes no sense to me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.