Tuch Activated, Murray back to Rochester

Brawndo

2 hours ago, inkman said:

They have either not drafted any or traded away any future hopefuls.  To be fair, finding 4th liners shouldn’t be a problem.  We picked one up for practically nothing last week. 

What's Rousek, if not a fourth liner?  What about Kozak?

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

What's Rousek, if not a fourth liner?  What about Kozak?

Rousek is certainly a candidate for a bottom 6 role.  Not sure why he didn’t get a longer look.  Kozak, IMHO, just doesn’t have the game the Sabres need.  Just low event all over the ice.  

47 minutes ago, Shoot da Puck said:

This is a key date in Sabres history

Remember where you were....

Its Beautiful Reaction GIF

Yeah no one here, outside of noobs, thinks this matters.  At all.  

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

They have one.  His name is Brett Murray.  Rousek is also in that groove.

Murray doesn't play that game in Ra-cha-cha (at least he didn't last year and all reports indicate that's still the case).

Not sure why Rousek didn't get a longer look.  And, yes, he fits into the bottom 6 mold.  But, if they aren't going to bring him up ...

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Murray doesn't play that game in Ra-cha-cha (at least he didn't last year and all reports indicate that's still the case).

Not sure why Rousek didn't get a longer look.  And, yes, he fits into the bottom 6 mold.  But, if they aren't going to bring him up ...

We don't understand Kevyn's 5D chess obviously.

• Haha (+1) 1

I thought Murray was okay.  10:47 of ice time was low on the team.  He didn't stand out either way really.  JAG level.

One might argue that he coughed up the puck that led to the first AZ goal, but to start with he stole the puck from a Coyote player but didn't handle it cleanly.  He coughed it up when the Coyotes triple teamed him.  Jost and Dahlin were in the area but stayed on the periphery and let the Yotes overwhelm Murray; terrible puck support.  Hard to blame that on Murray in my opinion.

Better than Rosen?  Eh.  Not sure.  But Rosen needs more reps to learn than he's been getting on the Sabres.  Oddly, the best player on that line right now is Olofsson.

Edited by Doohickie

9 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I thought Murray was okay.  10:47 of ice time was low on the team.  He didn't stand out either way really.  JAG level.

One might argue that he coughed up the puck that led to the first AZ goal, but to start with he stole the puck from a Coyote player but didn't handle it cleanly.  He coughed it up when the Coyotes triple teamed him.  Jost and Dahlin were in the area but stayed on the periphery and let the Yotes overwhelm Murray; terrible puck support.  Hard to blame that on Murray in my opinion.

Better than Rosen?  Eh.  Not sure.  But Rosen needs more reps to learn than he's been getting on the Sabres.  Oddly, the best player on that line right now is Olofsson.

I actually did notice Murray; he was usually the worst skater on the ice. I mean from a technical standpoint. Watching a Krebs or even shiny new toy Robinson in on the forecheck or playing the harasser in the AZ zone as they were looking to break out, Murray was noticeably less smooth with this skating; forward, backward, and certainly the transitions to and fro. 

For all his lack of ice time, at least Rosén looked quick out there. I know it is a small sample size ... but has something clicked with VO? He has been solid lately.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, ska-T Chitown said:

but has something clicked with VO? He has been solid lately.

There have been periods when VO looks like a pretty good two-way player.  I wrote this a couple of seasons ago:

On 4/13/2022 at 8:18 AM, Doohickie said:

Just prior to his injury he was arguably the Sabres' best forward, not just scoring but driving play.  He's been a big part of the March resurgence as he's found his game again.  The surprising thing has been his passing/set up ability.  Since he's gotten his lethal shot back, teams expect him to be a shoot-first winger and he usually is, but he also has the vision to know who's around him and dishes when the shot isn't there.  He's recently created goals with sick feeds to other Sabres such as Dahlin's goal in the last Toronto game.

And that's the frustrating thing about Olofsson... and people have been saying this for years:  When he's good, he's good, but he disappears for long stretches.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

And that's the frustrating thing about Olofsson... and people have been saying this for years:  When he's good, he's good, but he disappears for long stretches.

I can handle him right now but he will probably revert to his perimeter play looking to be set up style.

He will disappear from this roster by July 1st, maybe the trade deadline.

• Agree 1

Rosen's just not ready simple as that. It doesnt make me sour on him at all but he hasnt flashed really much of what we saw in him when we drafted him. As a comparing example: not like Benson has.

Tbh idk if Rosen ever will be the guy we hoped he'd be but its definitely not now. Time is what he needs the most. Time for more reps, time to get stronger physically, time to continue learning how to play in this league. Because he's just not ready, simple as that 😛

Wish our GM could've foreseen this prior to the season starting & supplemented our youth with a couple vets but hey, cant have everything i guess lol.

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Taro covered this. Murray is not going on waivers, he can be reassigned to the AHL without waivers. 

Shrader already quoted this... again would they release him?

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Would who release Murray from what?

Sabres, From his contract... not seeing a future here for him... so Im not privy to all the ins and outs of these contracts

Big Murr needs to play bigger if he's to stick around and be useful.

He doesn't have to fight but he needs to finish his checks. 

He doesn't have to score but he needs to go to the front of the net and be hard to move. 

He needs to be hard on every puck and play like this is his shot because eventually he's going to be out of them. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.