Tuch Activated, Murray back to Rochester

Brawndo

48 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Big Murr needs to play bigger if he's to stick around and be useful.

He doesn't have to fight but he needs to finish his checks. 

He doesn't have to score but he needs to go to the front of the net and be hard to move. 

He needs to be hard on every puck and play like this is his shot because eventually he's going to be out of them. 

Agreed but I wondering if Sabres are giving up on him... based on what Ive seen of him both in Rochester and a few games up im not sure he will ever be the above...

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Agreed but I wondering if Sabres are giving up on him... based on what Ive seen of him both in Rochester and a few games up im not sure he will ever be the above...

He's sitting squarely in no man's land I think.

Unless he just suddenly takes off I fear he'll be a one year at a time AHLer somewhere if not here. 

He does show some ability to play in the A. 

He's Mancari without the cannon. And Mancari is his ceiling... round out his game a bit more and he can be an AHL mainstay who tops 30 goals once or twice.

Adams is just cycling through his callups to get a look at each, but it seems to me they should either elevate Rousek or go find another waiver claim/trade if you're going to be waiting on Quinn/Tuch/Girgs for a month.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Adams is just cycling through his callups to get a look at each, but it seems to me they should either elevate Rousek or go find another waiver claim/trade if you're going to be waiting on Quinn/Tuch/Girgs for a month.

This wasn’t a cycle through the callups callup.  This was replacing a need.  They had 3 big bodied 2 way forwards go down and needed a big bodied 2 way forward to come up.  Big Murr is the best qualified to fill that role.

And Robinson made him superfluous now that he’s been shown to be effective.

• Brawndo changed the title to Tuch Activated, Murray back to Rochester
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.