Odd man rushes

inkman

Honestly, this doesn't bother me that much. I think last year the team gave up a lot of odd man rushes but they had a lot. This year, They're giving up more than they get, but I think that might be due to injuries in a lot of new people in the lineup. It's not good, but it doesn't bother me.

The bigger issue to me is how they play when the opposing team has possession in the Sabres zone. The Sabres d-men as a unit are OK in the defensive zone....but the forwards are just awful. When other teams play the Sabres they get so many more easy goals than the Sabres get, while Buffalo seemingly has to work to find open areas more.

I'm okay with giving up more odd man rushes if it means you get more odd man rushes. That's exciting hockey to watch. This team needs their 12 forwards to become much much better at helping out their defense in the own zone.

24 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Honestly, this doesn't bother me that much. I think last year the team gave up a lot of odd man rushes but they had a lot. This year, They're giving up more than they get, but I think that might be due to injuries in a lot of new people in the lineup. It's not good, but it doesn't bother me.

The bigger issue to me is how they play when the opposing team has possession in the Sabres zone. The Sabres d-men as a unit are OK in the defensive zone....but the forwards are just awful. When other teams play the Sabres they get so many more easy goals than the Sabres get, while Buffalo seemingly has to work to find open areas more.

I'm okay with giving up more odd man rushes if it means you get more odd man rushes. That's exciting hockey to watch. This team needs their 12 forwards to become much much better at helping out their defense in the own zone.

Not just odd man rushes, but in the AZ game (and really most others) they made it REALLY easy for the other team to break out of their own zone.  They did a very good job early in the game to limit shots from those rushes, but it was too easy to get out of their own zone.

Need to improve that, among other defensive shortcomings.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

He speaks the King's English like we do here in Canada.  It's more proper and more goodly.

I thank thee for the support.  I doth speaketh the King's English bigly goodly.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.