GDT Predators @ Sabres Sunday Dec 3rd 7pm MSG,ESPN+

Shoot da Puck

4 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I'm sure this is a sunny happy thread this morning...

🙃

No.  I’m so disappointed right now.  Three losses with the same mistakes every game.   Goals off of face-offs.  Goals within seconds of each other.    Getting pushed around and intimidated.  Overpassing.  No traffic in front of their net.  No power play. 

Every game is the same.  Every team plays the same game.  There is nothing to cheer for.  

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Well, that is three losses in a row.  This one to a slower and less talented team that pushed us around all night.  The home crowd was sparse last night. 

Tage, Greenway, and Tuch are out.  Playoffs are on life support.before Christmas as everyone has games in hand. 

Granato and Adams have been freshly extended.  

Hell is hot.  

Hockey Hell is blazing!!!  It's too bad we can't somehow harness all that "heat" being generated by the Sabres (and Bills) and convert that into energy that can heat the city of Buffalo during the cold weather.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Not to Americans who don't speak Swedish language.  I have no idea what it means in Swedish.

if nothing else, maybe accent the second syllable, rather than the first? that'll get you 90% there, I'd say. Inferred from my 7th grade Spanish training.

Edited by erickompositör72

49 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Well, that is three losses in a row.  This one to a slower and less talented team that pushed us around all night.  The home crowd was sparse last night. 

Tage, Greenway, and Tuch are out.  Playoffs are on life support.before Christmas as everyone has games in hand. 

Granato and Adams have been freshly extended.  

Hell is hot.  

I don’t think I’d go to a game if someone gave me $100, free parking, free concessions and free tickets. The atmosphere is dull and the team is uninspiring. 

It is crazy, imo.  The reason is Brind’Amour is unlikely to be let go by Carolina and even if we make an offer he’s not going to leave there. That’s his home and his family loves the area. He’s been there for a while. 

The quality of life in that area of the country is a huge draw for players and coaches alike. I lived in NC for 13 years and that would probably be the top of the list for me in terms of location.

While I agree that we need a coach like Brind’Amour, we also need a whole organizational structure to develop players, including a strong coach. But unless Carolina decides to go in a different direction, which I would doubt, he’s not going to move to Buffalo with his family entrenched in Raleigh. 

12 hours ago, Mango said:

Here’s a totally crazy thought, Brind’Amour hasn’t signed an extension yet…

11 hours ago, Pimlach said:

It’s not crazy.  It’s my hope and dream that Adam's can get him.  They were teammates, and Cup winners, It will take a lot of Pegula Bucks.  

11 hours ago, Pimlach said:

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, sabremike said:

Bad news: per Harrington Pegula is dead set against firing a coach until their contract is up because of worries about cost overruns for the new throwball stadium (which he is on the hook for).

Tl,dr: We are going to be run like the Charles Wang Islanders post Lighthouse going down in flames (AKA: Hopeless Poverty Franchise). We are literally in Hell.

when did he state this?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

It is crazy, imo.  The reason is Brind’Amour is unlikely to be let go by Carolina and even if we make an offer he’s not going to leave there. That’s his home and his family loves the area. He’s been there for a while. 

The quality of life in that area of the country is a huge draw for players and coaches alike. I lived in NC for 13 years and that would probably be the top of the list for me in terms of location.

While I agree that we need a coach like Brind’Amour, we also need a whole organizational structure to develop players, including a strong coach. But unless Carolina decides to go in a different direction, which I would doubt, he’s not going to move to Buffalo with his family entrenched in Raleigh. 

I agree. I think (hope?) that there is a sliver of a chance. The Kevyn Adams connection is an interesting one. But ultimately I think the guy is an empty suit for the org. 

At the end of the day Raleigh is a couple hours from Charlotte. I am not sure he even knows Sean McDermott or Brandon Bean, making this one DOA.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, sabremike said:

Bad news: per Harrington Pegula is dead set against firing a coach until their contract is up because of worries about cost overruns for the new throwball stadium (which he is on the hook for).

Tl,dr: We are going to be run like the Charles Wang Islanders post Lighthouse going down in flames (AKA: Hopeless Poverty Franchise). We are literally in Hell.

In general I was thinking that this franchise has had so much turnover that he would push for some stability, and firing coaches mid-season isn't attractive. 

In the grand scheme of things DG isn't all that expensive, his extension is something like $2M per. Eating his contract at the end of the year would only cost $4M. The relative cost to a family living in Clarence would be not getting your brakes done because you want to put in an inground pool. Sure, brake jobs are totally overpriced and the whole thing is a pain. But you can totally afford it. It will cost way more if you wait and have to get your rotors and calipers done. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

I don’t think I’d go to a game if someone gave me $100, free parking, free concessions and free tickets. The atmosphere is dull and the team is uninspiring. 

Someone sent me a picture from inside the 300's at the concessions.  It was a ghost town.  

I never thought I would see this happen to my team.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

In general I was thinking that this franchise has had so much turnover that he would push for some stability, and firing coaches mid-season isn't attractive. 

In the grand scheme of things DG isn't all that expensive, his extension is something like $2M per. Eating his contract at the end of the year would only cost $4M. The relative cost to a family living in Clarence would be not getting your brakes done because you want to put in an inground pool. Sure, brake jobs are totally overpriced and the whole thing is a pain. But you can totally afford it. It will cost way more if you wait and have to get your rotors and calipers done. 

Car Jeep GIF by JcrOffroad

^  The Sabres in the Pegula Era.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

Yup.   Probably right.  He would probably take less money to stay in Raleigh than move to Buffalo.  

There was a time when Buffalo was an attractive place for hockey players to bring their families, but that was long ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, erickompositör72 said:

if nothing else, maybe accent the second syllable, rather than the first? that'll get you 90% there, I'd say. Inferred from my 7th grade Spanish training.

But does that, in fact, indicate a stressed syllable in Swedish?

And again, I'm going by how he pronounced his own name in a Sabres video.  RO zun.

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

But does that, in fact, indicate a stressed syllable in Swedish?

And again, I'm going by how he pronounced his own name in a Sabres video.  RO zun.

Do you have a link to this video? Because the TV pronunciation drives me nuts. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Dan takes the accent literally and says Ro ZAY en. I've also heard Roseanne.

Wonder if he's Americanized the pronunciation just to simplify things.

If he's done that, why not jump on board?  I think if anything it is a two-syllable word pronounced ro ZANE but Rochester announcer, and now Dunleavy, are over-accenting the second syllable by adding a third:  ro ZAY un.  Maybe Isak gave up on the authentic Swedish pronunciation with the way the "Swedish" pronunciation is being clowned.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Someone sent me a picture from inside the 300's at the concessions.  It was a ghost town.  

I never thought I would see this happen to my team.  

I am not surprised the Buffalo Sabres have been bad for 13 years that is a lot to ask any town that isn’t some major city with huge population. The Buffalo Sabres need a change at coach to start and go from there. Will that happen? I doubt it because it seems Terry Pegula is good with the present attendance at Sabres games. He has the Buffalo Bills and the champion Buffalo Bandits to off set the Sabres losses in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Yup.   Probably right.  He would probably take less money to stay in Raleigh than move to Buffalo.  

There was a time when Buffalo was an attractive place for hockey players to bring their families, but that was long ago. 

The Sun belt NHL expansion of the 1990’s really hurt the Buffalo Sabres attracting free agents. Plus the Buffalo Sabres tank idea by Terry Pegula was a major mistake that could cost Buffalo potentially the Buffalo Sabres if things don’t change by the end of the Sabres lease. The tank was a disaster that the Sabres have not been able to recover some our Sabres fan base when that failed big time. Firing Lindy Ruff was a major mistake. The Buffalo market isn’t big enough like New York or Toronto where fans just show up regardless of the incompetent ownership and management. Don Granato has to go that is a start of change. The Buffalo Sabres players are too comfortable there is no urgency to win hockey games that is a problem in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

5 minutes ago, Sabres Super Fan said:

The Sun belt NHL expansion of the 1990’s really hurt the Buffalo Sabres attracting free agents. Plus the Buffalo Sabres tank idea by Terry Pegula was a major mistake that could cost Buffalo potentially the Buffalo Sabres if things don’t change by the end of the Sabres lease. The tank was a disaster that the Sabres have not been able to recover some our Sabres fan base when that failed big time. Firing Lindy Ruff was a major mistake.

Some things I agree with, others I disagree.

Firing Ruff. He has shown he has been a good coach for years after he was fired. If you were going to 'tank' or 'rebuild' just had to make sure he was on board, and he would have been better to do that than a lot of others that were here.

The tank, its an old discussion but i'm still on the side of good idea, poorly executed. The year after Eichel most fans and media were thinking the Sabres would take a D-man. They took Nylander with McAvoy, Sergachev, and Chychrun still on the board and taken right after. Players were brough in that didn't fit with 'the room' and/or the young guys weren't developed that well. You basically had a GM that old you they were rebuilding and there would be 'pain' and it will take time, and then you replace him and the guy you give the keys too tries to rush things along.  So many mistakes made from the top down.

55 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

If he's done that, why not jump on board?  I think if anything it is a two-syllable word pronounced ro ZANE but Rochester announcer, and now Dunleavy, are over-accenting the second syllable by adding a third:  ro ZAY un.  Maybe Isak gave up on the authentic Swedish pronunciation with the way the "Swedish" pronunciation is being clowned.

Listen to your friend Billy RoZane, he’s a cool dude 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.