GDT November 30th Sabres @ Blues 8pm MSG, ESPN+

Shoot da Puck

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

66829251-42B5-4E54-BBD2-4239A5D195A4.thumb.jpeg.ab82c911ec98f447bc2dfe6c521f6473.jpeg

I honestly can’t believe this is a thing in a 6 goal game

people actually don’t understand goaltending or how differently they are treating other positions 

UPL has been bad. Other facets have been too. That’s it 

St. Louis Alamo here 

I'm not disputing that, but the "2 expected goals" seems like BS to me

• Like (+1) 1

Frankly I have no idea how to interpret this game.

UPL had a rough night but the D did him little in terms of favors

The team came back from down 3-0 to make it 3-3

Then blew the tie back to 6-3

Score a goal late to make it 6-4 and pour on the pressure.

One could easily argue the Sabres were the better team yet we lost.

A true enigma, onto the next one. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I really don't believe we can't trade for a #1 goalie and a vet d man. I mean we literally have some great assets that teams would be interested in. We've locked up a good portion of a young core. Throwing away another season is just not phathomable, not only for fans, but players I'm sure as well. This can't continue, can it? Can it?

• Like (+1) 1

Blues got really lucky if we are being honest tonight.

Sabre goaltending and defensive play wasnt great but the Sabres dominated them for much of the game and missed breakways, wide open tap ins and other odd man rushes that should have equalled at least a tie game...outshout them 45-20 and also hit at least 3 posts/crossbars.

Sabres might not have deserved to win but neither did Saint Louis based on how badly they got outplayed most of the game.

Edited by Big Guava
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

I really don't believe we can't trade for a #1 goalie and a vet d man. I mean we literally have some great assets that teams would be interested in. We've locked up a good portion of a young core. Throwing away another season is just not phathomable, not only for fans, but players I'm sure as well. This can't continue, can it? Can it?

Again, we can buy things but if there's no store to buy from its a mute point in terms of goalies.

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

In the bartering system, sometimes you have to create the store by offering a deal. You may be correct, but I'm suspecting that's not the case with all 31 possible stores out there.

Presently too many teams are in the race and the ones not in the race aren't holding goalies of value.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.