Resolved: Wassup with Ham Bone, GR, Audacy?

Spoonman

UPDATE: Bone ok. Still on air. This raised due to a post on GDT…

Well, Audacy still ……

Awesome Fun GIF by Tactical Baby Gear
I see a post that he got fired by Audacy, search for same, and get a link to BN, see something about leave until March, then nothing, as I am not subscribed. Of course nothing on that 💩 show web presence that is Audacy (can't listen to games on my phone app, and they just s*&%).

Anyhow....

Sup Children of the ⚔️???  

I hope he is OK....

Edited by Spoonman

7 hours ago, Spoonman said:

I see a post that he got fired by Audacy, search for same, and get a link to BN, see something about leave until March, then nothing, as I am not subscribed. Of course nothing on that 💩 show web presence that is Audacy (can't listen to games on my phone app, and they just s*&%).

Anyhow....

I hope he is OK....

Old news. Hired back long ago. Here's his recap from last night.

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/sabres/luukkonen-and-tuch-lead-the-sabres-to-a-big-win-in-new-york

7 hours ago, Spoonman said:

Anyhow....

I hope he is OK....

Audacy is probably the worse app ever. Audio skips, navigating the app is horrendous, half the time they don’t play the post game. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

9 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Who ?

Hey @Buffalonill Paul Hamilton of WGR, sports journalist.Been there forever. I saw post by @Broken Ankleson the blu rag GDT about Paul H. being either fired or (per above on BN link I found) was taking a leave…. I am confused as he was on post game, and on GR it’s AM. 

Anyhow here is my @Spoonmanapedia post on Ham Bone:

> Paul played hockey @ Iowa St. back in the day.
> His nickname (back when nicknames were original & had panache v name + ie on the end e.g. Tuchie) was ‘Ham Bone’. 
> GR has audio of him in a game being called for something like a 2,5,10, & the gate 😄.

This has been the brief history of THE BONE….

image.jpeg.7843491c813ba398f94cf9be58e96887.jpeg

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Night Train said:

Old news. Hired back long ago. Here's his recap from last night.

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/sabres/luukkonen-and-tuch-lead-the-sabres-to-a-big-win-in-new-york

I figured after hearing him on air last night & this morning. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Weave said:

I have a confused.

@Weave I have nave never had ‘a confused’. What does it look like? 😄

• Spoonman changed the title to Resolved: Wassup with Ham Bone, GR, Audacy?
10 hours ago, Spoonman said:

UPDATE: Bone ok. Still on air. This raised due to a post on GDT…

Well, Audacy still ……

Awesome Fun GIF by Tactical Baby Gear

Anyhow....

I hope he is OK....

That was due to COVID restrictions/cancellations and then when things got back to normal he was rehired.

The Schopp and the Bulldog interviews with him when they play the college play by play call to some big fight he got into as the intro for that segment is freaking hilarious

Edited by matter2003
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.