It Is Time: Fire the GM, the Coaching Staff, get some experience in here. Fans deserve better!!!

Scottysabres

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Eichel asked for a trade in Summer of 2020 before He was injured. 

It was reported He would have played for the Sabres for short while post surgery in order to prove to other teams, he had recovered in order to facilitate a trade. 

Teams that get the best player in the deal usually win the deal.

There is plenty of examples to prove that Pegula has been a less stellar owner, but he has been hands off from the hockey operations department since Kim’s Medical Situation 

Why did he ask to be traded?

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Again, you are weaving half truths and straight bs together. You don't like Pegula, that's fine. A lot of this though is not accurate and I'm not dealing with posters like you anymore. 

Lmao. Tired?

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Eichel asked for a trade in Summer of 2020 before He was injured. 

It was reported He would have played for the Sabres for short while post surgery in order to prove to other teams, he had recovered in order to facilitate a trade. 

Teams that get the best player in the deal usually win the deal.

There is plenty of examples to prove that Pegula has been a less stellar owner, but he has been hands off from the hockey operations department since Kim’s Medical Situation 

He may be hands off but his choices for management show a clear desire for a particular direction and his decision(s) not to leave the team hierarchy in the charge/care of an experienced hockey person who demands standards and accountability determine a lot about this franchise and it's failure.

But F Eichel.  

9 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

People smear opinions they don't like with the tag of agenda or narrative. Opinions they like are also sometimes agendas or narratives.

Anywho I don't see how any anti TP post can be an agenda or narrative. He is objectively terrible as an owner.

McDonald's makes terrible burgers is not a narrative.

Ye

Thank you for the enhanced explanation. Perhaps my fault for not taking each of the players he listed and not pointing out just how out of touch he was with them. Which I was hoping I could group into a shorter post.  Since you replied there have been others that have pointed out the reality of the names that were posted.  That's my problem with the post.  Pegula, objectively, has failed to put this team in the playoffs and that's not a good sign.  But when you trot out Ristolainen as state's evidence.. c'mon..

2 hours ago, seer775 said:

Bruh, ROR has been a better player than any Sabre in the last decade sub Eichel (in Vegas). Hall is more competent than anyone we have besides maybe TT. Risto was a decent D-man who we managed to replace with literally no one. Ullmark Reinhart and Montour are happily as far away from this terrible team as possible and they are tearing it up.

We are all going to be severely disappointed as we watch this team fail year after year until Pegula is way in the rear view mirror.

Bruh?  Wow. Ooookay.  So I guess I need to break it down Barney style for you.

ROR, who forced his way out of Colorado.. who then lost his love of the game in Buffalo because the thought the fans didn't love him.  Yes, that guy who had lightning strike in the mid-season coaching change of Mike Yeo (never gonna do anything good) with Craig Berube (hasn't done anything since) and Jordan "Off his F'ing Rocker" Binnington (also has not done anything since)... that ROR?  The one who was just traded last year from the Blues to the Leafs because he's so invaluable.. and then does not sign with Toronto in the off-season because.. oh damn... he feels too much pressure... and was losing his love of the game.. Again?  That ROR?  Yeah.. he's a real asset.

Eichel - asked to be traded. He was on his way out. It happens when you eat ROR's sour grapes.  By all account Jackie Boy was super psyched to be in Buffalo in the beginning. He was dating the daughter of one of the owners of Basil Auto dealers.  Who knows where it all went wrong but he quickly became a Jack ass. He was a locker room menace.  (Straight words from a player in the locker room at the time). So.. no Eichel was on his way out.

Risto - please. He's a joke.

Ullmark - debated on this board numerous times.  It's a bit of a toss up but you take either of those goaltenders out of Boston right now and they aren't putting up the numbers they are today.

Montour - performing better than his entire career before being dealt.  I still wouldn't mind him, but he ain't changing this team.

Reinhart - perhaps the best example. I was a Reinhart fan, but if he did not want to be here then he would never perform at the level he is today. Though, it took a few more years to get there. 

And... I'm out. No more to be said.  Pegula has not been a great owner, but the team positioned now for better success than it's ever been before. It took a few too many tries to get something meaningful. That sucks, but you aren't perfect and neither is he.

Moving on.

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Thank you for the enhanced explanation. Perhaps my fault for not taking each of the players he listed and not pointing out just how out of touch he was with them. Which I was hoping I could group into a shorter post.  Since you replied there have been others that have pointed out the reality of the names that were posted.  That's my problem with the post.  Pegula, objectively, has failed to put this team in the playoffs and that's not a good sign.  But when you trot out Ristolainen as state's evidence.. c'mon..

Bruh?  Wow. Ooookay.  So I guess I need to break it down Barney style for you.

ROR, who forced his way out of Colorado.. who then lost his love of the game in Buffalo because the thought the fans didn't love him.  Yes, that guy who had lightning strike in the mid-season coaching change of Mike Yeo (never gonna do anything good) with Craig Berube (hasn't done anything since) and Jordan "Off his F'ing Rocker" Binnington (also has not done anything since)... that ROR?  The one who was just traded last year from the Blues to the Leafs because he's so invaluable.. and then does not sign with Toronto in the off-season because.. oh damn... he feels too much pressure... and was losing his love of the game.. Again?  That ROR?  Yeah.. he's a real asset.

Eichel - asked to be traded. He was on his way out. It happens when you eat ROR's sour grapes.  By all account Jackie Boy was super psyched to be in Buffalo in the beginning. He was dating the daughter of one of the owners of Basil Auto dealers.  Who knows where it all went wrong but he quickly became a Jack ass. He was a locker room menace.  (Straight words from a player in the locker room at the time). So.. no Eichel was on his way out.

Risto - please. He's a joke.

Ullmark - debated on this board numerous times.  It's a bit of a toss up but you take either of those goaltenders out of Boston right now and they aren't putting up the numbers they are today.

Montour - performing better than his entire career before being dealt.  I still wouldn't mind him, but he ain't changing this team.

Reinhart - perhaps the best example. I was a Reinhart fan, but if he did not want to be here then he would never perform at the level he is today. Though, it took a few more years to get there. 

And... I'm out. No more to be said.  Pegula has not been a great owner, but the team positioned now for better success than it's ever been before. It took a few too many tries to get something meaningful. That sucks, but you aren't perfect and neither is he.

Moving on.

ROR - has a cup as a Captain and Conn Smythe trophy. Yeah, that ROR.

Eichel - a generational centre behind only McDavid, Draisaitl, Mackinnon, and Crosby. Cup winner and Conn Smythe runner up (had equal pts and more TOI than Marchessault).

Reinhart - wonder why he left? And why he is a top scorer in the reg szn and last year's playoffs?

Risto - better than all of our current bottom 4 D-men.

Montour - see above.

Ullmark - because Levi, UPL, and Comrie are a better option?

I admire your being bold and trying.

Edited by seer775
  • dislike 1

42 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I think you forgot how bad  Ristolainen is

He put up top minutes and was a physical defender. 

May I remind you, we got Robert Hagg from that trade.

35 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Buffalo got a lot of very important pieces in those trade.

Who cares anymore turn the page 

Why win now when we can lose later? 

Edited by seer775

1 hour ago, seer775 said:

Do these guys look better to you?

Screenshot_20231125_095158_Chrome.jpg

Yes. Like, what are we even doing here? Ryan Johnson and Mattias Samuelsson are 1,000000000000% better than Ristolainen. Clifton and Johnson are about 50% better. Which is still a lot. 

22 minutes ago, seer775 said:

He put up top minutes and was a physical defender. 

May I remind you, we got Robert Hagg from that trade.

Why win now when we can lose later? 

You'll have to remind we what the Flyers won with Risto.

Also, isn't the 1st we got for him making his Debut tonight? Wasn't that Rosen?

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yes. Like, what are we even doing here? Ryan Johnson and Mattias Samuelsson are 1,000000000000% better than Ristolainen. Clifton and Johnson are about 50% better. Which is still a lot. 

You'll have to remind we what the Flyers won with Risto.

Also, isn't the 1st we got for him making his Debut tonight? Wasn't that Rosen?

Can you guess who is who?

Screenshot_20231125_110544_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231125_110925_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, seer775 said:

Ok?

Rosen for Risto might be an upgrade. That remains to be seen.

What is evident is that our defense is Swiss cheese. We were 7th last in GA last year if you remember.

Flyers were 11th last year. Guess Ristolainen really was the greatest... I mean, neither Johnson or Clifton were here and Power was a rookie but context is irrelevant apparently. 

Not that he's playing but the Flyers have allowed 58ga compared to Buffalo at 63. Not exactly like they are a defensive stalwart. 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Flyers were 11th last year. Guess Ristolainen really was the greatest... I mean, neither Johnson or Clifton were here and Power was a rookie but context is irrelevant apparently. 

Not that he's playing but the Flyers have allowed 58ga compared to Buffalo at 63. Not exactly like they are a defensive stalwart. 

Somehow, despite selling the house for Risto, they are still better than we are.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.