Amerks Game Threads

PromoTheRobot

13 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I've always wondered why Rochester never talks about building a new modern arena, other than the cost. They could really use one. 

I think you answered the question before you finished the sentence 

58 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

For those Amerks experts. Will we make it back to the conference finals again this year? 

With Levi in net there is a chance. Playoffs are a strange beast every year but the Amerks are 8-1-1 in there last 10, Levi is back, Wahlberg is there now and knock on wood they are pretty healthy at the moment.

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

With Levi in net there is a chance. Playoffs are a strange beast every year but the Amerks are 8-1-1 in there last 10, Levi is back, Wahlberg is there now and knock on wood they are pretty healthy at the moment.

Rousek can go back to the Amerks and I’m not sure if Jost is eligible.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OverPowerYou said:

For those Amerks experts. Will we make it back to the conference finals again this year? 

They are certainly peaking at the right time. Kulich has his scoring touch back. They are playing better defense too. Big test Saturday against Providence. The P-Bruins are very good.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

How the AHL playoffs work is each division produces one team left standing, and there are four divisions in the AHL. There’s your conference finals. 

In Rochester’s division, there are seven teams and five of them make the playoffs.  There’s a mini round (best of 3 series) between seed 4 v 5. So goal number one is to avoid that. And it is still tight…the current fourth seed is four points back with a game at hand.  Once the mini series is complete, the next two series (1 v 4, 2 v 3, then the winners play) are best of five series. 

Back to your original Q, yes the Amerks can do it again.  Syracuse has been their biggest problem (Amerks only beat them twice in regulation out of 12 games this year) so they wouldn’t be favored…but they can do it and Levi is the wildcard. 

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They are certainly peaking at the right time. Kulich has his scoring touch back. They are playing better defense too. Big test Saturday against Providence. The P-Bruins are very good.

New England just has to ruin everything for hockey. The Bruins, Boston College, Providence. Go away with your hockey dominance lol! 

Posted (edited)

Amerks are the best team in the AHL over the last 10 (8-1-0-1) and are officially in 2nd place in the North division. Despite being tied with Cleveland with 77 points, Rochester has more regulation wins. (22 vs 21) Syracuse is 1st with 80 points and 28 regulation wins. So the Amerks have to get ahead to claim the 1-seed in the conference, and play the winner of the 4-5 play-in round, which could be anyone from Toronto, Laval, Belleville or Utica. Syracuse, Cleveland and Rochester all have 7 games left. Only CLE and ROC play each other once more.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Posted (edited)

Big game in Providence Saturday, and I will be there, sitting directly behind the Amerks bench. For a while at least, until I decide I can't see the game from there. I don't  have any Amerks gear so I guess I'll wear my black Goathead.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Uh oh. Defenseman Joseph Cecconi along with forwards Tyson Kozak and Brett Murray are all out week-to-week with upper-body injuries. 

Cecconi & Murr were both in scraps the last game. 

Also, it was announced earlier in the week that defenseman Riley Stillman had surgery and is done for the year.  

That’s a lot of injuries to overcome. 

58 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Uh oh. Defenseman Joseph Cecconi along with forwards Tyson Kozak and Brett Murray are all out week-to-week with upper-body injuries. 

Cecconi & Murr were both in scraps the last game. 

Also, it was announced earlier in the week that defenseman Riley Stillman had surgery and is done for the year.  

That’s a lot of injuries to overcome. 

With Murray out, it’s a fantastic opportunity for Wahlberg to be the size and muscle and rack up PP net front time. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Take him to Wahlburger's to celebrate!

57 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Nice

Levi is a puck eating machine lately. 33/35 tonight for another solid .942 save percentage. 

He leads the AHL in save percentage at .929

Edited by Big Guava
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1