Amerks Game Threads

PromoTheRobot

5 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Damien Giroux tied it up early in the third.  Four min to go, 3-3. Springfield heavily outshooting ROC. 

After Rochester got up 2-0 early, Springfield has outshot them in a comical way. And here we go to OT. 

And the T-birds PA guy is the worst I've ever heard. Intentionally pronouncing opposing players names wrong, to all the "whoooooos" after goals and just randomly for no reason, and announcing that there were 5 minutes left in the game. I've never heard it before. He sould be working for the Savannah Bananas. Total clown show. 

Jfc, Amerks defense is 5 times worse than the Sabres. Amerks outshot 42-20. 

Only thing worse than the Amerks defense is their shootout ability. What a joke. Lose to Springfield with Malcomb Subban in goal in front of 700 fans in Mass. 

This org is ***** for the foreseeable future. If KA doesn't fix the defense somehow soon, don't expect anything. Devon Levi isn't nearly big enough to plug the hole in this franchises dam. 

Edited by Claude Balls

16 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Jfc, Amerks defense is 5 times worse than the Sabres. Amerks outshot 42-20. 

Only thing worse than the Amerks defense is their shootout ability. What a joke. Lose to Springfield with Malcomb Subban in goal in front of 700 fans in Mass. 

This org is ***** for the foreseeable future. If KA doesn't fix the defense somehow soon, don't expect anything. Devon Levi isn't nearly big enough to plug the hole in this franchises dam. 

Go Amerks!

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

After the playoffs last season, I went ahead and bought 18 games this year. Mistake?? Who's the clown, I'm the clown. 

They have a winning record and are in a playoff spot...can't be that big of a mistake...unlike the Sabres they can actually score goals and do so frequently 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Big Guava said:

They have a winning record and are in a playoff spot...can't be that big of a mistake...unlike the Sabres they can actually score goals and do so frequently 

I also think they lead the league in blowing leads. If they had a better defense and Levi for the whole season, they'd be close to unstoppable. They choke way too many games away. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Quint said:

From what I've seen, Rochester's defense stinks, like the Sabres. Defense is an afterthought with the entire organization.

And they are trying to make the jump to the bigs seamless by teaching the same system as the big club. Lol what system ? Sorry not sorry.

• Thanks (+1) 2

7 hours ago, bunomatic said:

And they are trying to make the jump to the bigs seamless by teaching the same system as the big club. Lol what system ? Sorry not sorry.

Sadly, the way I figured out what the defencive system is to watch what they try to do when they are successful.  That gets you the thumbnail sketch.  Then, when the omnipresent breakdown occurs, ask yourself, "if the guys knew what they were doing, how would they have avoided that gaffe?"  Put them together and you can deduce their defencive system.

Sad but true -- figuring out the system by negative inference is a first in my book.

There is a part of me that wonders what it will take to get proper defence through players' skulls.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Sadly, the way I figured out what the defencive system is to watch what they try to do when they are successful.  That gets you the thumbnail sketch.  Then, when the omnipresent breakdown occurs, ask yourself, "if the guys knew what they were doing, how would they have avoided that gaffe?"  Put them together and you can deduce their defencive system.

Sad but true -- figuring out the system by negative inference is a first in my book.

There is a part of me that wonders what it will take to get proper defence through players' skulls.

But strangely, it does seem (and this is going off their record and what others who've been watching have been saying) that in Ra-cha-cha they're still teaching last year's offense 1st defense only as a last resort system that the Sabres ran most of last season.  Which, considering it meets the philosophy that offense is harder to teach, we'll get them playing good O and then worry about good D and these are for the most part the team's prospects makes sense on a certain level.  

But if the big club is actually trying to work a pro level of O/D balance and they need the prospects to be ready to step into what the parent club is doing should they get called up; then it would seem they need to be teaching THAT system in the A IF the goal is making the playoffs and doing some damage there.  They don't seem to be doing that.  (Say seem because have only casually watched a single Amerks game so far so have no personal observations to base that on.)

And, if the goal is making the playoffs, at some point don't they HAVE to start teaching the Sabres system in Ra-cha-cha?

None of this is saying that the kids coming up have been the problem on the big club.  The Amerks haven't helped this year at all, but they have in no way been the biggest parts of the problem.  But IF they were learning what they're supposed to be doing, maybe they actually can be PART of the solution rather than the 6-8 minute per game players.

• Like (+1) 3

17 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

From the times I check, Kulich hasn't seemed to be on the scoresheet as much as he did to start the season. What gives?

It's the whole Buffalo system. Play your balls off only to lose because your defense and goalies suck. Amerks wouldve won the Cup last season if they had a better defense. And a goalie that wasn't like a piece of rubber, letting pucks bounce off him left and right. Guys are gonna give up sooner or later. They want out and just want to win. Pegula has single handidly ruined hockey in WNY. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

It's the whole Buffalo system. Play your balls off only to lose because your defense and goalies suck. Amerks wouldve won the Cup last season if they had a better defense. And a goalie that wasn't like a piece of rubber, letting pucks bounce off him left and right. Guys are gonna give up sooner or later. They want out and just want to win. Pegula has single handidly ruined hockey in WNY. 

You conveniently ignore the fact that Hershey was loaded with veteran talent. Literally men against boys.

Amerks playing tonight in Hartford. Biro just potted a SHG. 1-1 in the 2nd.