GDT: 🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ New Jersey Devils 27 October 2023 7:00 PM MSG

MattPie

1 hour ago, steveoath said:

The devils have some very talented players. But are they they same team without Brunette?

We’re on the road: Devils are doomed 

Devil, we’ll come on back if you ever wanna try again
I done told you once you son of a bitch, we’re the best that's ever been

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

You’re not mad at losing… Unless you are at my approved level of being mad at losing! And express it in my approved way of expressing that you are mad at the losing!

oh that’s rich 😂

i'll freely admit: i actively work against getting mad about the sabres' losing (same goes for the bills). sometimes i do get mad, but that is a relapse.

• Like (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If you live outside Buffalo espn+ has almost every game with only a couple of exceptions. Fairly certain the Sabres release a broadcast schedule at the beginning of the year. 

Every msg+ game also an espn+ out of market from my understanding. I think tnt games are the exception. 

https://www.nhltraderumor.com/nhl-tv-schedules/buffalo-sabres-tv-schedule/

Thank you!
I used a streaming site of... ill repute... for the Canadiens game and my laptop was humming with malware for the next 48 hours until I reset Chrome to its default state.

I was wondering how I was going to make it through the rest of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think there's many ppl who hate or are mad at the losing. We don't control the team though. 

As my texts from last evening and early morning will show, I hate the way the Bills are winning.

Given enough time and heartbreak, I will be sitting with the malcontents on here, I'm sure!

9 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

You’re not mad at losing… Unless you are at my approved level of being mad at losing! And express it in my approved way of expressing that you are mad at the losing!

oh that’s rich 😂

There’s some other side of the coin irony to be found here

6 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Correct. 
And if this is gonna be “a thing” where we need to be constantly aware of what place the Sabres are in allllll season long, Then mention it every day or at least every game day.

Personally, I'd appreciate daily updates. It feels crazy that there's not like a site where we could just go and see this anytime we wanted. 

43 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

A list of people who truly hate that the Sabres lose and regularly exhibit some level of desperation that they fix their problems:
PA
Thorny
Callaway
Sabremike
me

I'm not sure how many more posters I can add to this list, probably a few. Weave is one I missed.
That doesn't mean other people like losing, or are fans "the wrong way." It's just silly for that other poster to say that PA wants us to lose when very few hate it more. 

This is one of your funniest post yet.  Just list all your friends and make up things that can never be proven, and then hope they agree with you.  ?

I can understand why the other poster said what he said to PA.  He can come off negative at times, and dare I say contrarian to the current Sabres pop culture.   

Sure, @PASabreFan is a loyal long time fan.  From what I can tell, he and I have a very similar disdain for the way ownership has run this club, just as we have a similar love for the early days when we all took managerial competence to be a given.  I have no idea how much he hates losing relative to anyone else, and neither do you.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

This is one of your funniest post yet.  Just list all your friends and make up things that can never be proven, and then hope they agree with you.  ?

I can understand why the other poster said what he said to PA.  He can come off negative at times, and dare I say contrarian to the current Sabres pop culture.   

Sure, @PASabreFan is a loyal long time fan.  From what I can tell, he and I have a very similar disdain for the way ownership has run this club, just as we have a similar love for the early days when we all took managerial competence to be a given.  I have no idea how much he hates losing relative to anyone else, and neither do you.  

Happily admit to making a goofy post. I'm not sweating it. You're not on the list!

Still, the worst post in this thread is what that guy said about PA. It's as wrong as you can possibly be, whether you like or hate PA. 

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Happily admit to making a goofy post. I'm not sweating it. You're not on the list!

Still, the worst post in this thread is what that guy said about PA. It's as wrong as you can possibly be, whether you like or hate PA. 

Well I got a good chuckle or too.  

I am not on the list, but my friends and family will tell you I am a sonnofabit@h when I lose.  

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

A list of people who truly hate that the Sabres lose and regularly exhibit some level of desperation that they fix their problems:
PA
Thorny
Callaway
Sabremike
me

I'm not sure how many more posters I can add to this list, probably a few. Weave is one I missed. That doesn't mean other people like losing, or are fans "the wrong way." It's just silly for that other poster to say that PA wants us to lose when very few hate it more. 

Before last game, Thompson's on-ice PDO was like 91% or something. It's coming.

Oh I hate losing alright. For me though, it's because I absolutely LOVE when my kids get excited and want to watch the games with me. I took my son to the Bills game last night and I know those moments will become fewer and fewer as college looms in a couple years. I so desperately want them to see playoffs with me before it's too late. THAT is what brings out the dark side when these guys lose (after so many years of them seeing it.) Once they are in college, there is ZERO chance I am a season ticket holder. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Sometimes @PASabreFan makes me think that, if enough of us cared enough, we would.

When I saw the entire lower bowl empty out during the last commercial break against NYI to try and beat traffic, and then saw NYI score a goal, I wondered about our fans. 

BTW, the arena has been empty enough this year that there has been very little traffic no matter when you leave.

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Well I got a good chuckle or too.  

I am not on the list, but my friends and family will tell you I am a sonnofabit@h when I lose.  

I believe it. Everyone can join the list, because the GDT does get nasty when we lose. I'm actually the opposite funnily enough, I shriek and rage on here but IRL just chuckle and toss the remote to my wife. She doesn't like when I swear or anything

This thread is funny because… oh how the turn tables, things of that nature 

We often see conversation revolving around fans being chastised for not being happy enough about the wins we do manage to scrape together. “Shut up and be happy about what you get” the tone, sometimes. Questioning the realness of fans. This is sort of the inverse “look, maybe you aren’t angry enough about the losses.” It’s probably fair game in the name of balance, I’d say

Perhaps that brings the board together: perhaps it illuminates the fact that no one in their right mind would be posting on the board the amount WE, all of us, do, if we didn’t, really, all want the same things deep down 

Perhaps the real wins are the friends we’ve made here along the way 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I believe it. Everyone can join the list, because the GDT does get nasty when we lose. I'm actually the opposite funnily enough, I shriek and rage on here but IRL just chuckle and toss the remote to my wife. She doesn't like when I swear or anything

I don't swear in front of mama either, never allowed the kids to either.   

Funny story, last week I was in my recliner reading and my wife asked me to toss her the remote.  I was reluctant and against my better judgement I tossed it to her underhanded.  Doink!   It was as if her forehead was a backboard.  Well of course it hurt her for what seemed like hours upon hours.  Yesterday she asked my to toss her the remote again.  I got up off the recliner and put it in her soft little hand.  

• Haha (+1) 2

Everyone is entitled to be a fan in their own way. Get angry. Don't get angry. Whatever. It's a game. Telling other fans they are doing it wrong is just a waste of time.

Personally I just don't subscribe to the getting too angry over losing. I used to when I was younger, but the last few years have put things in perspective. I just don't want to live with that negativity anymore. I will always hope we win. I want the team to improve every year. I want ownership and management and coaching all to be the best it can be and finally get a cup.

But at this point, I just want to enjoy the ride. If a season without a stanely cup is a wasted season, then basically every season will be a wasted season for most teams in the league.

So when the Sabres win, I'm happy. Even if it's an ugly win, or lucky or whatever. And when they lose I'm bummed and shut down the forums for a bit until things have cooled off. Then I gear up for the next one.

It's one the reasons that despite being a member for 11 years, I haven't been around much. There wasn't much to be happy about. So there wasn't much I wanted to talk about. I've still watched all the Sabres games, but when they were terrible, I didn't want to make the suffering worse by complaining about them with a bunch of other people.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 4

39 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I don't swear in front of mama either, never allowed the kids to either.   

Funny story, last week I was in my recliner reading and my wife asked me to toss her the remote.  I was reluctant and against my better judgement I tossed it to her underhanded.  Doink!   It was as if her forehead was a backboard.  Well of course it hurt her for what seemed like hours upon hours.  Yesterday she asked my to toss her the remote again.  I got up off the recliner and put it in her soft little hand.  

During halftime of the week 2 or 3 bills game, I went outside with her family to toss a ball around, which we do whenever we can. My wife can catch, but I wasn't really thinking and zipped a ball on a rope right to her face. She didn't speak to me for a while after that lol

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.