GDT: Rangers @ Sabres - October 12, 2023 - 7:00PM, MSG-B📺WGR📻

SabresBaltimore

6 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

It’s the first period of the first game of an 82 game season. We are playing 2 rookies.  

1.  The Rangers actually do have a better team. 
2. The Rangers have lots of veterans and one of the best goalies in the league 

3.  Give the Sabres a chance. 
4.  The whining about Power and Benson is ridiculous. 

5.  I don’t see the Sabres backing down or playing that bad  

Will you guys stop over analyzing this. 

Dude, I literally said “he’ll be fine”. I was just pointing out that he looked slower/the game looked faster than pre season.

That was it. Full stop.

And this is the second time you are referencing it. I’m not complaining about Benson. Literally just pointing out an observation. 

He also had a nice opportunity at the end of the period.

Again, he’ll be fine:

Some 'kinda' breakdowns on both goals allowed.

First goal, Jokiharju played the center of the ice when his D-partner was already there, leaving Lafrieniere uncovered.  Now, was that Jokiharju's mistake? or with no trailer on that side should Okposo skated a bit harder to cover that side?  Either way, looks like 'kinda' a breakdown/bad decision by Jokiharju or Okposo not getting back quick enough.

2nd goal: They just lost positioning on the PK. Johnson was a bit sloppy with the puck about 10 seconds before the goal. Krebs should have covered/pressured Kreider to prevent that goal, but why didn't he?  Okposo looks like he got WAY too aggressive and went out to far to try to play the pass/puck when there really wasn't a chance to do so....Okposo took himself so far out of position that Krebs had to shade toward the center of the ice to cover as much area as he could until Okposo got back into position.  Johnson then moves 'up' to cover Krebs spot. By the time Okposo gets back into the zone facing the right way, now you have Okposo, Krebs and Johnson all standing still with no one to pressure the shooter.

First goal looked to be possibly on Jokiharju, with him getting a pass if he thought Okposo would be back and he didn't make it.

The PP goal allowed started with Johnson not getting a loose puck out, was compounded by an over-agressive play by Okposo that didn't need to happen at that point.

Not a good looking 20 minutes for Okposo.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Waiting for the concert to begin.  Looks like I didn’t miss much so far. 

Enjoy the Muz show!

Missed lots of tears with RJ tribute & lots of physicality mixed with jitters/emotion by Sabres, bad reffing, and a 1st Period to flush out of our system to settle down and get to our solid game in the 2nd.

Just now, rickshaw said:

Krebs looking good. 
Reffing? If this is what we’re up against already, gonna be a long year.

NYR playing one high at blue line! What is this dead puck NJ devils era?

Really like the way Krebs has looked. We need to find a greater opportunity for him

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.