Keybank center food

steveoath

14 minutes ago, steveoath said:

This popped up on my instagram

https://www.wivb.com/sports/buffalo-sabres/2-foot-long-nacho-prime-on-weck-tops-new-keybank-center-offerings-for-sabres-season/

Coming from a country known for things like this monstrosity I am intrigued!!! Hopefully for you regulars this is an improvement. 

I will be shocked if that nachos dish looks anything like the picture when served up at an actual game.

Who needs something like this at a hockey game anyway?

sabres-food-7.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Is it wider than the seat? Serious question.

Would doubt it but maybe.  Pretty sure the seats up in the nose bleeds are about 28" wide.

Will be interesting to see just how much the food has been upgraded from seasons past.  They made a big deal out of having STHers in last year to test the new / improved offerings.  Personally, couldn't justify driving that far just to eat rink food, so no idea if the options are actually good now.  It's still under Delaware North, so doubt it; but here's to hoping.

(We don't eat at the rink often, but for those few times we have no other options would be nice to have something good to choose.)

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Would doubt it but maybe.  Pretty sure the seats up in the nose bleeds are about 28" wide.

Will be interesting to see just how much the food has been upgraded from seasons past.  They made a big deal out of having STHers in last year to test the new / improved offerings.  Personally, couldn't justify driving that far just to eat rink food, so no idea if the options are actually good now.  It's still under Delaware North, so doubt it; but here's to hoping.

(We don't eat at the rink often, but for those few times we have no other options would be nice to have something good to choose.)

I rarely eat at games. And if I did I'd get a chicken and rice bowl from the Rachel's stand. (I hear the Rachel's stand is gone since they are no longer sponsors.) I'd rather have a Beef on Weck and bowl of mushroom soup with a glass of the house-made Heff at Gene McCarthy's on Hamburg St.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I rarely eat at games. And if I did I'd get a chicken and rice bowl from the Rachel's stand. (I hear the Rachel's stand is gone since they are no longer sponsors.) I'd rather have a Beef on Weck and bowl of mushroom soup with a glass of the house-made Heff at Gene McCarthy's on Hamburg St.

Your seats are right where the fried baloney stand used to be.  It was over across from your gate in that huge concession row right by the escalator.  One of the guys that sat next to us always ordered that when he was there.  It smelled good.

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Your seats are right where the fried baloney stand used to be.  It was over across from your gate in that huge concession row right by the escalator.  One of the guys that sat next to us always ordered that when he was there.  It smelled good.

My first game will be the Bruins game in November. Maybe we could go on an eating tour.

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Get Delaware North the hell out of there.  It sucks. Go to Pearl Street before the game and walk there.

Or Chefs! 👍🏼

Has anybody eaten at that southern tier brewery place I think it’s called now? It used to be 716.

is the food any good?

And what about Labatt brewhouse? Is the food any good?

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

Or Chefs! 👍🏼

Has anybody eaten at that southern tier brewery place I think it’s called now? It used to be 716.

is the food any good?

Southern Tier Brewery seems to have about the same quality and service levels as the old (716) had.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Or Chefs! 👍🏼

is the food any good?

I've been to Labbatt's several times...the food is good if you want basic stuff/bar food but it's not that great otherwise and expensive for what they offer.

• Like (+1) 1

That footlong Nacho looks like a great idea but i'm betting it will either end up on the floor, the persons lap/chest or their seat mates. 

Too long.

18 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Is it wider than the seat? Serious question.

It's a disaster waiting to happen

22 hours ago, Taro T said:

The fried boloney at the arena is totally legit. I’ll walk the lower bowl and settle on that nine times out of ten.  

Edited by Porous Five Hole
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.