GDT: Sabres vs Pens- October 6, 2023 - 7:00PM, MSG/NHLN📺WGR📻

SabresBaltimore

1 minute ago, CTJoe said:

can we end the Dahlin/Clifton experiment.  There's a reason Boston benched him in the playoffs last year and he has no right (or ability) to be a top pair defenseman.  what did Sammy do (who is +1 tonight btw) to stop playing with Dahiln? Did he turn down a dinner invite from Adams?

Onky, It's not an experiment. That's our first pair defense almost certainly.

If there was only a top 4 grizzled veteran RHD that was available for trade.......(Pesce)

1 minute ago, CTJoe said:

can we end the Dahlin/Clifton experiment.  There's a reason Boston benched him in the playoffs last year and he has no right (or ability) to be a top pair defenseman.  what did Sammy do (who is +1 tonight btw) to stop playing with Dahiln? Did he turn down a dinner invite from Adams?

I almost threw up when Duff was having an ***** during the pre-game show talking about how we may be finally seeing the Sabres top pairing defenseman with Clifton and Dahlin. What we could see all year long. Wtf

Just now, CTJoe said:

Levi could have made a save or two more here, but Clifton/Dahlin have been horrible in front of him.  The other two pairings have been fine.  We know Dahlin is solid so......CLifton needs to play 12 minutes on the 3rd pairing.  Hellebuyk would have been lit up tonight behind this effort.  3 sabres are plus tonight, Benson, the demoted Sammy and Joker (who has been quite good

Sure, there's being ready to be an above average starting goaltender, but if the Sabres don't tighten up their defensive play, Levi will have to be an all star for the Sabres to win.  That's even more pressure on a 21 year old.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

Onky, It's not an experiment. That's our first pair defense almost certainly.

If there was only a top 4 grizzled veteran RHD that was available for trade.......(Pesce)

Don't agree that is "certainly" our first defensive pairing at all.

4 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

It’s preseason.  Relax 

Did I mention it was better to get the clunker out of the way before the season starts 😉

I know Crusader, but let me have my fun poking the bear before the season does start. I'm still miffed Adams really didn't elevate our defense to a contending group. I know, I know, let's see how it rolls and all that, but yeesh man, how many seasons we gotta wait and see 😆 

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.