Dylan Cozens - Conquerer of Men, Mountains, Rivers and Hockey

inkman

There are players who need to be pushed to maximize their talents. He's not one of them. He's self-motivated and driven to be the best he can be. He made a noticeable leap forward last year. There is little doubt that he is going to get better. And there is little doubt that he is a leader who leads by example. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

24 minutes ago, JohnC said:

There are players who need to be pushed to maximize their talents. He's not one of them. He's self-motivated and driven to be the best he can be. He made a noticeable leap forward last year. There is little doubt that he is going to get better. And there is little doubt that he is a leader who leads by example. 

I just wonder what the ceiling is on this kid. 50 goals? 

1 minute ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I don't see him as a 50 goal scorer. He's too much of a two-way player to let the defensive side of the game slide to focus on offense. (There's no question that Tage was more concerned with the offense than his defensive responsibilities.) Dylan is a player whose value goes beyond his stats. He's a heart and soul grit player whose play more than his verbiage speaks for itself. 

• Like (+1) 6

10 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

25-30 goals with a highly responsible role in defensive zone starts.  He might look underpaid given that production, but smart fans will realize the role and love the guy. Think Peca with more playmaking and more oomph. That’s Cozens. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

25-30 goals with a highly responsible role in defensive zone starts.  He might look underpaid given that production, but smart fans will realize the role and love the guy. Think Peca with more playmaking and more oomph. That’s Cozens. 

He past that already with 31 goals last year while carrying two rookies on his wings.  I think he is a guy who can get 40 or more with the right players.  He is going to be better than Peca. 

• Like (+1) 4

19 hours ago, JohnC said:

I don't see him as a 50 goal scorer. He's too much of a two-way player to let the defensive side of the game slide to focus on offense. (There's no question that Tage was more concerned with the offense than his defensive responsibilities.) Dylan is a player whose value goes beyond his stats. He's a heart and soul grit player whose play more than his verbiage speaks for itself. 

22 yaers old, that's five years away from his peak athletic years. I would not dismiss him getting to the level of 50 goals. With Quinn and Peterka also getting better and better they might be a beast line for years. 

If he does it, couldn't happen to a better guy! 

• Agree 3

19 hours ago, JohnC said:

Dylan is a player whose value goes beyond his stats. He's a heart and soul grit player whose play more than his verbiage speaks for itself. 

He's what we hoped and dreamed Marcus Foligno would be for us.

9 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Think Peca with more playmaking and more oomph. That’s Cozens. 

Another good comp.

• Like (+1) 3

22 hours ago, Pimlach said:

He past that already with 31 goals last year while carrying two rookies on his wings.  I think he is a guy who can get 40 or more with the right players.  He is going to be better than Peca. 

You may be right on this. I have to remind myself that scoring across the league is up and I need to set my expectations accordingly. My thinking is that I want Cozey to be a 30 goal guy, but prevent 10+ less goals than he did last year. 
I agree he can be better than Peca and I realize he is a top six forward that the Sabres will rely upon for offense…but he is more equipped to be a defensive hound dog than Tage and this team will need that.  

On 8/24/2023 at 1:50 PM, SwampD said:

Wow! You get his high speed internet service all the way in Nova Scotia?!

Who do you work for FC? I might have to switch providers.

😂

He deserves thanks for his part in the scheme to provide high speed internet to the hinterland masses.  Actually, my service, which is about 30 to 45 minutes from Atlantic Canada's largest city (500,000) is not that great.  Cell service is even worse.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.