How many days until the Sabres season

Crusader1969

10 hours ago, Sabres73 said:

It's fine and good that you don't like that kind of music, but to aggressively say it "sucks" and is "garbage" is a pretty lame comment. There are lots of kinds of great music out there, from the Beatles to metal. No need to disparage it.

Its no big deal. people, like myself, that love Motörhead have heard all our lives that it sucks and I can appreciate its not everyone's cup of tea,

I dropped my son back off at Uni last night and put on Motörhead Essentials for my hour drive home. Im almost 54 now and love them every bit as much as I did when I was 15. the legacy of bands like  Motörhead stay alive year after year, after year.  Rock'n'Roll will never die and Lemmie played Rock'n'Roll as loud, fast and as good as anyone ever has.

If you are younger and like hard rock / metal and aren't that familiar with the band, do yourself a favour and give them a listen.

Motörhead – Overkill (Official Video) - YouTube  

Edited by Crusader1969

12 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Larry Carrière. The Hawk.

Another character from the 70's.   Not a natural fighter but he took boxing lessons to help bring more "punch" to the team.  

Eddie Shack, an even bigger character, was #23 before The Hawk, although Rene Robert (traded Shack to get him) very briefly wore Shack's 23.  

Edited by Pimlach

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Larry Carrière. The Hawk.

Excellent...can I ask if you are over 50? 

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Another character from the 70's.   Not a natural fighter but he took boxing lessons to help bring more "punch" to the team.  

Eddie Shack, an even bigger character, was #23 before The Hawk, although Rene Robert (traded Shack to get him) very briefly wore Shack's 23.  

I searched for Eddie Shack #23 pics but couldnt find an appropriate pic.  

Clear the tracks...here comes Eddie Shack!   Who remembers the Pop Shop? 

34 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Excellent...can I ask if you are over 50? 

I searched for Eddie Shack #23 pics but couldnt find an appropriate pic.  

Clear the tracks...here comes Eddie Shack!   Who remembers the Pop Shop? 

Over 50, and 60, and now 65.   LOL !!

Here he is wearing 23 and entertaining us in The Aud.  

shack 23.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 9/17/2023 at 9:27 PM, Sabres73 said:

It's fine and good that you don't like that kind of music, but to aggressively say it "sucks" and is "garbage" is a pretty lame comment. There are lots of kinds of great music out there, from the Beatles to metal. No need to disparage it.

I agree with you that there's lots of different good things out there but had to laugh at your chosen continuum. Beatles on one end and metal on the other as the poles or extremes. 

On 9/18/2023 at 4:24 AM, Radar said:

Ok, I'll admit classical music is now my go to. Younger years loved the Platters, Diana Ross and the Supremes. Country Music until it morphed into I don't know what.

Lots of people do this but I always find it odd. Why would you shift your music based on your age? I still like what I grew up with and like new things too. The range is wide (farther than the Beatles and metal :)). Pretty sure if I make it to 90 I will still be cranking up Purple Haze or Iggy and the Stooges or the Ramones (etc etc). Probably louder than before as I go deaf 🙂

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

I agree with you that there's lots of different good things out there but had to laugh at your chosen continuum. Beatles on one end and metal on the other as the poles or extremes. 

Lots of people do this but I always find it odd. Why would you shift your music based on your age? I still like what I grew up with and like new things too. The range is wide (farther than the Beatles and metal :)). Pretty sure if I make it to 90 I will still be cranking up Purple Haze or Iggy and the Stooges or the Ramones (etc etc). Probably louder than before as I go deaf 🙂

Oh Jesus, I was just using it as an example. Don't take things so literally dude. And I never said a word about shifting music based on age - what are you talking about? 

1 minute ago, Sabres73 said:

Oh Jesus, I was just using it as an example. Don't take things so literally dude. And I never said a word about shifting music based on age - what are you talking about? 

Relax dude, it was just funny. Like I said. 

and don't respond to posts when you've been drinking. If you read it again you'll notice it responded to 2 - count 'em TWO - different posts. Not just you.

Frankie says Relax 🙂

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Wouldn't say I switched really. I just seem to listen to classical now. 

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Relax dude, it was just funny. Like I said. 

and don't respond to posts when you've been drinking. If you read it again you'll notice it responded to 2 - count 'em TWO - different posts. Not just you.

Frankie says Relax 🙂

Whatever dude, accusing me of drinking now? Telling me to "relax". What is wrong with you? 

• Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, Radar said:

Wouldn't say I switched really. I just seem to listen to classical now. 

It's just a strange thing to me. You're not alone by any means, and there's nothing wrong with classical music (I will go see a good symphony myself) but it is an interesting phenomena to me how many people shift their preferences as they age. Age appropriate and all that. 

Anyway, what is it 21 days now?

I try to find new music every year.  I find that modern hip-hop, prog-metal, and country-pop are my usual landing spots.  I do find the pop charts to be less interesting than even 10 years ago, but there is a lot out there to find, so my desire for novelty is usually sated.

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's just a strange thing to me. You're not alone by any means, and there's nothing wrong with classical music (I will go see a good symphony myself) but it is an interesting phenomena to me how many people shift their preferences as they age. Age appropriate and all that. 

Anyway, what is it 21 days now?

Go Sabres.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.