How many days until the Sabres season

Crusader1969

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

The Brian Spencer story was tragic and complicated. He was murdered and his father was killed by the police. 

https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs/simmons-remembering-brian-spencers-murder

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

You can’t get more retro than the great Don Luce 

IMG_0196.thumb.jpeg.a06bc9daf0b02faf885e03cd7565bcce.jpegmore days until the Sabres season starts!!

7th in all time games played  and in points in a Sabres uniform

Along with Craig Ramsey created 2/3rds of the greatest checking line in franchise history 

Luce-Ramsay-Gare was an awesome checking line -- and while we all know Gare could score in buckets, Luce and Ramsay were pretty decent scorers too.

• Like (+1) 4

On 9/22/2023 at 8:34 AM, Crusader1969 said:

You can’t get more retro than the great Don Luce 

IMG_0196.thumb.jpeg.a06bc9daf0b02faf885e03cd7565bcce.jpegmore days until the Sabres season starts!!

7th in all time games played  and in points in a Sabres uniform

Along with Craig Ramsey created 2/3rds of the greatest checking line in franchise history 

Luce had one hell of a backhand drive to the net.  Lots of shorthanded goals too.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Cheektorado said:

Luce had one hell of a backhand drive to the net.  Lots of shorthanded goals too.

Luce was a really good player, one of all time favorite Sabres.  He was drafted in 1966, which was in the 6 team league. He went in the 3rd round, 14th overall.  For that draft class he is second in games played (894),  first in goals (225) and second in points (553).  He was fabulous in the face of circle, on the PK, and as a two way center that could truly shut down the opposition. The crowd at the Aud really appreciated him too.   I believe he is still in the Buffalo area. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

39 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Luce was a really good player, one of all time favorite Sabres.  He was drafted in 1966, which was in the 6 team league. He went in the 3rd round, 14th overall.  For that draft class he is second in games played (894),  first in goals (225) and second in points (553).  He was fabulous in the face of circle, on the PK, and as a two way center that could truly shut down the opposition. The crowd at the Aud really appreciated him too.   I believe he is still in the Buffalo area. 

Yeah, Luce shows up at a lot of the events like the Draft Party and the Blue and Gold Insights.  (Just meeting people at the bar for the B&GI.  He hasn't been an active participant.  But it is cool to say 'hi' to him.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Taro T said:

Yeah, Luce shows up at a lot of the events like the Draft Party and the Blue and Gold Insights.  (Just meeting people at the bar for the B&GI.  He hasn't been an active participant.  But it is cool to say 'hi' to him.

He was signing autographs with Stillman, VO and Clifton at Sabres Fest 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

He was signing autographs with Stillman, VO and Clifton at Sabres Fest 

He's always signing autographs at those style events.  So cool that he still enjoys doing that.

We didn't go for any of the autographs that day as the line was seriously LONG.  But did go to a couple of the STH events.  

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He's always signing autographs at those style events.  So cool that he still enjoys doing that.

We didn't go for any of the autographs that day as the line was seriously LONG.  But did go to a couple of the STH events.  

I went through the line twice, the things we do for our kids, the second time and was Bryson, Zemgus and Tage . 

The last one made My Son’s Day 

Edited by Brawndo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I went through the line twice, the things we do for our kids, the second time and was Bryson, Zemgus and Tage . 

The last one made My Son’s Day 

That's cool and really glad your boy was able to get Thompson's JH.

Our kids are old enough that it wasn't an issue for the one that came with us to not wait around in the autograph line.  He was as good with getting to the bar and grabbing an early dinner as the rest of us were.

48 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

There are now only

IMG_0200.jpeg.674893cbeac8a4fc365a86cd7eb2cc12.jpeg Days until the

season starts 

Of course, most people won’t think of Ric Seiling as #16 for the Sabres.  
before Pat Lafontaine, Seiling  played for the Sabres for 9 season from 1977 till 1985 

Even fewer would think that he should have been Mike Bossy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

*Smilin' Ger* - best thing he ever did was take Pierre to Long Island and turned him into Patty.

That and the defection of Alexander the Great !!

https://www.google.com/search?q=Alexander+Mogilny+defection&oq=Alexander+Mogilny+defection&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i512j0i22i30j0i390i650l3.17997j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:23e4647a,vid:uKr5cVdwdVE,st:0

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.