2023 Stanley Cup Finals: Florida vs Vegas

Thorny

That pass from Jack to set up Marchy was absolutely incredible. Honestly, I’d have them split the Smythe. There’s really no picking between them. Jack sets him up for every goal and he snipes. Unstoppable  

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I’m trying to avoid dismissing Jack contributions but he is doing what he is supposed to. Point per game player.

Marchesseault is a 25 goal guy scoring at a 60 goal scorer pace.

23 points, tieing a franchise record, dominant, dominant 200 ft game in playoffs, T-2nd in scoring overall and leads in assists. “That’s just what he’s supposed to do”. 

Come. ON. If being a dominant player on the biggest stage hockey can offer in the hardest tournament to win is merely what the dude is *supposed* to do, it’s “expected”, then there’s 2 years worth of disingenuous waste of time debate bursting this place at the seams 

Even *I* was wrong: Jack has been more impressive in this playoffs than I ever could have imagined 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

23 points, tieing a franchise record, dominant, dominant 200 ft game in playoffs, T-2nd in scoring overall and leads in assists. “That’s just what he’s supposed to do”. 

Come. ON. If being a dominant player on the biggest stage hockey can offer in the hardest tournament to win is merely what the dude is *supposed* to do, it’s “expected”, then there’s 2 years worth of disingenuous waste of time debate bursting this place at the seams 

Even *I* was wrong: Jack has been more impressive in this playoffs than I ever could have imagined 

I’m not saying he isn’t having a great playoff.

I’m saying Marchesseault has elevated his own game by a wider margin.

2 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I’m not saying he isn’t having a great playoff.

I’m saying Marchesseault has elevated his own game by a wider margin.

To me the two are part and parcel. Marchy is doing what he’s doing *with Jack*. They are elevating eachother 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

On 6/7/2023 at 8:24 AM, LGR4GM said:

Since you've brought it up again, I'll give my answer.

I don't care. He can win that and whatever. I don't have to wish hatred and dwell on or in negativity over Jack Eichel. He just doesn't matter much to me anymore. 

I started following him in high school when it was said that he and McDavid were the 2 big guys in the draft, He was my favorite player on the Sabres and I hope he wins the Conn Smythe. He's done nothing to change my view of him. He was smart enough to get out while the getting was good. Obviously, a life changing decision in the most positive way. We should all be so wise.

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

To me the two are part and parcel. Marchy is doing what he’s doing *with Jack*. They are elevating eachother 

Funny how much better the former Sabres look on teams which don't have half the line-up getting caved in nearly every shift.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Eichel CRUSHES White

4 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

"Earth to Barkov"................"Come in Barkov"..............**Radio Silence**........

Eichel “vs” Reinhart lol

Edited by Thorny

8 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

"Earth to Barkov"................"Come in Barkov"..............**Radio Silence**........

He was pretty good in the first, came out strong. Took a bad penalty and things went downhill from there.

1 minute ago, Second Line Center said:

Reinhart leads in ice time but I haven’t even noticed him.  

Vegas has neutralized Florida’s offense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.