Sabres announce Viktor Neuchev Signed to 3 Year ELC

Brawndo

8 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I have to imagine that being from Russia that his height and weight stats are trailing data

I feel when he arrives here and gets put on Rochesters lineup his height and weight will then be updated.

I remember a picture of him working out being posted last time his size came up.

Kids didn't look skinny.

Projection-wise, he's a boom-or-bust type.

Reminds me of Afinogenov — not the skating, but in the sense that he's skilled and frustrating, with do-it-yourself tendencies and might have a similar ceiling.

31 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Off the top of my head, Kisakov did for the Sabres and Kuzmenko for the Canucks and Askarov for the Predators.. 

There was the Fedotov situation, where he was detained last year for military service after signing with the Flyers, so your question is warranted, but thus far it’s largely been business as usual on the hockey front.

Neuchev was one of about 8 who signed since May 1, the day KHL contracts expired

The issue is the players who play on the two army teams and their contracts. Fedotov was on CSKA Moskva and was essentially trying to leave the team and his military service for the Flyers. Poltapov is also on CSKA Moskva and under contract through 24/25. Unless he flat out defects (maybe not the best idea for he or his family), he's not coming over the the Sabres system until the summer of 2025.

Novikov should be able to join the Sabres this summer if all parties are amenable.

26 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I have to imagine that being from Russia that his height and weight stats are trailing data

I feel when he arrives here and gets put on Rochesters lineup his height and weight will then be updated.

Agree.  He is probably closer to 180 than to 165 already. 

Let him play on the AHL and feed him and get him on an NHL training program.  

21 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I remember a picture of him working out being posted last time his size came up.

Kids didn't look skinny.

Projection-wise, he's a boom-or-bust type.

Reminds me of Afinogenov — not the skating, but in the sense that he's skilled and frustrating, with do-it-yourself tendencies and might have a similar ceiling.

I thought he looked in great shape in that picture. Plus, it was from a year ago.

He was a one man team with his junior team, scoring 40 while no one else was close. 

It will be interesting to watch him and he should develop more in Rochester than in the KHL.

15 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Novikov should be able to join the Sabres this summer if all parties are amenable.

I would think he can.

He played for Moscow Dynamo.

I am more excited to see this guy than Neuchev. He has been playing a year and a half in the KHL and is not even 20 yet.

He may only need a year in Rochester. He could end up being the big stay at home guy we are all wanting.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, TheAud said:

6'2" 165 lbs?

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I know that you were kind of joking, but these measurements are not up to date.

This is what he has been listed at for 2+ years, and I recall around draft time a couple social media pics floating around where he looked very buff and muscled up. I wouldn’t worry about it.

KHL is not publishing updated official weight measurements for players.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Off the top of my head, Kisakov did for the Sabres and Kuzmenko for the Canucks and Askarov for the Predators.. 

There was the Fedotov situation, where he was detained last year for military service after signing with the Flyers, so your question is warranted, but thus far it’s largely been business as usual on the hockey front.

Neuchev was one of about 8 who signed since May 1, the day KHL contracts expired

Reassuring.  Other than the Fedotov thing, for which I only have a dim recollection.

12 hours ago, dudacek said:

Josh Bloom is 185 pounds and has averaged 32 penalty minutes a year as a junior.

He was traded for a player who is bigger, grittier, and has already played more games for the Sabres than 13 of the past 15 Sabres 3rd rounders have played in the NHL.

I don’t think this trade means what you think it does.

Oh ya, I have no idea if Josh Bloom will ever be anything. Vancouver maybe thinks he will be. Stillman's a bottom end journeyman mediocre defender. Apples and oranges there but not really a comparable. 

All I'm saying is we were HOPING Bloom might be a gritty forward as he developed. We need some of those. That's all. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.