YAKOV TRENIN COLTON SISSONS COLE SMITH

EGOR AFANASYEV MARK JANKOWSKI RASMUS ASPLUND

RYAN MCDONAGH DANTE FABBRO

TYSON BARRIE JORDAN GROSS

JEREMY LAUZON CAL FOOT

Holy ***** man

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

Dahlin might really screw around and end the year as a minus player. Would have been simply unfathomable as a couple weeks ago. 

They urgently need to pull up here cause this nosedive is quickly getting dangerously beyond late season peter out 

No worries. I've been told that all is well and we just need to maintain patience.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

I am tiring of having to say this. Have you seen no improvement overall this year, yes they have wilted (they are youngest team in NHL), but they have had significant improvement overall. I too am disappointing they are not making playoffs, but see the bigger picture of what is going on with the team. I am sorry if you and the others on this site cannot yet.

It’s ok to be upset that Kevyn Adams took three seasons as a national hockey league general manager to get to 80 points.

“Significant progress” 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Uhhh I just checked the lineup the Predators iced tonight

PHILIP TOMASINO CODY GLASS MATT DUCHENE

KIEFER SHERWOOD THOMAS NOVAK LUKE EVANGELISTA

YAKOV TRENIN COLTON SISSONS COLE SMITH

EGOR AFANASYEV MARK JANKOWSKI RASMUS ASPLUND

RYAN MCDONAGH DANTE FABBRO

TYSON BARRIE JORDAN GROSS

JEREMY LAUZON CAL FOOT

Holy ***** man

I’m fine with people saying the standings for us don’t matter this year, development year, fine. Even though I disagreed. 

But the “significant progress” line of thought needs to be critically examined. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

Read this article about more offensive nhl where Donny was quoted

The one thing I know for certain is that no one fears a defensive team," Buffalo Sabres head coach Don Granato said when asked about his overarching philosophy. "Coaches and teams have to strategize to put people on their heels when they know you can score, and that commands respect."

But yes," Granato said of aggressively pursuing goals, "it is and will be a deliberate focus. Always. It's always been like that with my coaching. Guys want to score, and it's a lot more fun to watch. Fans want to be entertained. So from the outset, yes, a couple of years ago we were dead last in scoring in the NHL. Now we're very close to first in the NHL in scoring, just tiny percentage points away. And that's by design and by effort by our guys."

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

EVERYONE hating on Sabres.....

Enjoy your hot hate.....

Goodnight, I will sleep well knowing that they ARE improving overall. No not the last few weeks, but overall, yes.

Straight From The Heart GIF by ETHDenver

12 years no playoffs, a GM goes 3 years without sniffing the top 2/3rds of the league... 

HOT TAKE?!!

Good sir...

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

I am tiring of having to say this. Have you seen no improvement overall this year, yes they have wilted (they are youngest team in NHL), but they have had significant improvement overall. I too am disappointing they are not making playoffs, but see the bigger picture of what is going on with the team. I am sorry if you and the others on this site cannot yet.

Improvement in some areas, worse in others. You can’t be wearing rose colored glasses and not be able to see it. So Tage, Cozens, Dahlin are great offensively. But our defensive structure is worse than last year. So is goaltending. That’s not even debatable. 

• Like (+1) 2

Hello Teammates, Punch checking.  We had a fantastic dinner and night out in Key West.  

I caught the last 4 minutes.  DEAD.  No people, no noise, no life.  Does not look like a team fighting for the playoffs.  Can’t believe that was a Sabres home game.  

Check the Stats,  Dahlin -2.  Tage -2 with a goal and a fight.  Probably not a real fight.  I’ll look for a video.  

No goaltending again. Gave up 4 goals on 8 shots in the second.  

Wow.   What a death spiral.   

I may not be sympathetic enough.  IMHO - all of these players and coaches have been competing for probably the majority of their lives.  Yes, this is the NHL but any athlete who has performed has likely been in tight races, playoffs, pressure packed situations growing up.  

This team should therefore not be so "fragile" that they can't deal with some pressure and stress, so I don't want to hear Donny talk more about this being new and hard....as they should know how this feels already.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

12 years no playoffs, a GM goes 3 years without sniffing the top 2/3rds of the league... 

HOT TAKE?!!

Good sir...

They certainly sniffed it this year.
The wheels have completely fallen off over the last 3 games though

hopefully Levi playing and making some saves wil bring them energy to finish off strong 

if it wasn’t for Levi, I’d contemplate shutting off the tv for the remainder of the season

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.