Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

Elam to 4-game IR, but possibly an IR for the rest of the season (ankle surgery, sounds like).

With the open spot on the roster, Beane signed Linval Joseph, a massive DT who signed last November with the Eagles. Dude's 35 years old. Hopefully he can stay healthy and take some of the sting out of the loss of Daquan.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Elam to 4-game IR, but possibly an IR for the rest of the season (ankle surgery, sounds like).

With the open spot on the roster, Beane signed Linval Joseph, a massive DT who signed last November with the Eagles. Dude's 35 years old. Hopefully he can stay healthy and take some of the sting out of the loss of Daquan.

Beane said Joseph has been sending out these recent insane workout vids with him squatting 600 + lbs. and other over the top numbers that got his attention .  At 35, that's pretty impressive. Sounds like a NG ala Jones that can eat the double team with power. Can't hurt to play him in the rotation. Bills do use a lot of DL during games. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Don't follow football like I do hockey, so I really only know the Bills, but I like the pickup of Rasul Douglas. His interview is perfect - he's exactly the kind of personality you'd expect in a Bill these days. He's a career misfit who has kept at it and was prepared when his time came. 

• Like (+1) 2

Lotta chatter about what to do when you're at the 1 yard line. I downloaded and parsed some data since 2020: 

table.thumb.png.52a692ea59b6e72b20d1f156fa8e9068.png

If the Bills want to run, it hasn't really mattered what formation they use, they have been successful on 50% of those play. If they want to pass, they need to pass more frequently from under center and less frequently out of shotgun (in particular, Dorsey passes way less from under center at the 1 yard line than Daboll)

The data doesn't distinguish between QB runs and RB runs but league-wide historic data says that under center QB sneak > shotgun QB sneak > shotgun handoff > under center handoff, I imagine it's somewhat similar for Buffalo. The Bills have gone to shotgun at the 1 yard line 37% of the time, league average is 33%. 

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Lotta chatter about what to do when you're at the 1 yard line. I downloaded and parsed some data since 2020: 

If the Bills want to run, it hasn't really mattered what formation they use, they have been successful on 50% of those play. If they want to pass, they need to pass more frequently from under center and less frequently out of shotgun (in particular, Dorsey passes way less from under center at the 1 yard line than Daboll)

The data doesn't distinguish between QB runs and RB runs but league-wide historic data says that under center QB sneak > shotgun QB sneak > shotgun handoff > under center handoff, I imagine it's somewhat similar for Buffalo. The Bills have gone to shotgun at the 1 yard line 37% of the time, league average is 33%. 

The feedback locally was Allen having the shoulder and prevous elbow issues made them skiddish about sending him into the pile. Plus Murray was recently failing in short yardage. Thus the Leonard Fornette signing. We shall see but those failures need to change obviously. 

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

I like Tua. But I am enjoying the pain of people who made threads to mock Milano's injury 

This result was the preferred outcome for the Bills but doesn't matter too  much if we lose tonight. 

I don’t hate Tua. It’s just that he fumbled the snap to end the game for the Dolphins.

On 11/3/2023 at 1:31 PM, Randall Flagg said:

Under center pass is our strength.  Do it with play action and freeze the coverage.  

24 minutes ago, carpandean said:

Dang ... CJ Stroud ... 

30/42, 470 yds, 5 TD, 0 INT, 147.8 Rating

Not bad ... for a rookie 

My understanding is that he was believed to be the most NFL-ready of the QB prospects, but that was something special. Crazy 4th quarter.