Rasmus Dahlin is replacing Tage Thompson in the All Star Game

Brawndo

5 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Is it cringy, sure

But this definitely seems to be Dahlin's personality. An odd combination of confident awkwardness with some dry humorous moments thrown in.

I too would build a moat to protect my sand castle from Victor Olofsson lol

Dahlin's question should have been, "Who are you?"

25 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Dominik Hasek disagrees 

Thought provoking at least.

4 minutes ago, sabremike said:

This doesn't make him look good at all. I could add more to that but I doubt the mods want the thread to go in that direction.

It doesn't make WHO look good?  Bettman?  Hasek?  Ovechkin?  Ovechkin's son?  The goalie?

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It doesn't make WHO look good?  Bettman?  Hasek?  Ovechkin?  Ovechkin's son?  The goalie?

Thought the fact I was quoting Dom's tweet made it clear I'm talking about him (the fact that he sounded like an unhinged lunatic ranting about a 5 year old should've also made that clear). 

35 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Thought the fact I was quoting Dom's tweet made it clear I'm talking about him (the fact that he sounded like an unhinged lunatic ranting about a 5 year old should've also made that clear). 

"Unhinged lunatic"

Sure.

Some all-star notes

47 players were named to the All-Star teams (3 were injury replacements).

Of those 47 -33 Forwards, 8 G and only 6 D.

Of the 39 Skaters - 31 were 1st rd picks.  26 were top 15, 16 were top 5, including 7 1st overall.  Only Panarin was undrafted.

Only 1 G was drafted in the 1st rd.  7 of the 8 were 3rd rd or lower, including the undrafted Thompson.  Ullmark was a 6th rd pick (the lowest drafted player).  

All the D were 1st rd picks, except Fox (3rd rd in 2016).

Players from 8 countries participated.  CZE, GER and SUI had 1 each.  FIN had 3 and SWE had 4.  The Big 3 were Russia, Canada and the USA.  Russia had 9 including 3 goalies, Canada had 12, including the 2 rookies goalies (Skinner and Thompson - both from Alberta) and the surprisingly the USA lead with 16 including 13 forwards.  

Earliest draft year was 2004 (Ovie) and latest was 2021 (Beniers).  The heart of these games were players drafts from 2013 to 2017 with 5 or 6 players from each draft.  That said the 2018 draft had the 1st, 2nd and 4th overall picks participating.  From 2015 2 5th rd picks made the teams - Kaprizov and Troy Terry.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.