Who will be the Sabres Rookie of the Year?

GASabresIUFAN

JJP - 9gms 2g 3a 5 pts -1  ATOI: 13:13

Quinn - 7gms 1g 1a 2 pts  +4 ATOI: 11:55

Power - 9gms 0g 3a 3pts +0 ATOI: 22:20

JJP started hot with 4 pts in his first 4 games.  Quinn has picked it up after sitting for 2 game with 2 pts in his last 3 games and is averaging about 13 minutes since returning to the lineup.  Power, given our key D injuries, is playing a ton of minutes.  He is contributing some on offense, but we really need to him to play solid D right now.

Power has the advantage because he is going to play 20+ minutes most nights.  For all three, I think we are already seeing them mature with each passing game.  Quinn looks like a different player since his benching.  I'm looking forward to seeing how they progress, but my heart tells me Quinn might end up edging out Power for the award by year end.

• Like (+1) 1

Power looks better and better every game so I'll go with him. He still makes mistakes, but it seems like his positional play is very sound. Could also see this going to Quinn, but not necessarily fair to compare him and JJP since Quinn is getting PP time.

My knee-jerk reaction is JJ.  Quin looks better since he's been back but I think JJ's game is naturally more complete.  JJ ~= Cozens; Quinn ~= Olofsson.

And I've probably never been more wrong about anything in my life.

52 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Maybe the Sabres should be scouting this player for the future...

If Josh Allen played hockey.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.