GDT: 4/8/2022, Sabres @ Panthers, 7pm on MSG 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, Ogre said:

He could have held onto Ullmark with Anderson( or plan B-D) as the other half. That offers no solution to the current problem but sheds light into his thought process concerning the position. I’m not entirely convinced that goaltending won’t be his eventual downfall.  

BTW, I would love to see how you got your name.

Didn't Ullmark want out, though? I could be remembering it wrong, but I thought he wasn't interested in re-signing. As for his handling of the goaltending situation, I can't complain too much about this season's strategy. I think the plan was probably that Anderson could be a steadying force and play okay enough, which he has for the most part, but he ended up getting hurt for a while. UPL looked really good before getting hurt, and his durability is a concern. The one thing I'd nitpick about is why Houser hasn't been given more of a shot over Toker/Dell. I don't know that he has NHL chops, but the way he played in his couple chances, id say he earned at least a shot.

This summer will tell a lot. A lot of teams are gonna be in the hunt for help in net, so it isn't going to be easy, but I want to see KA at least making the effort. At the same time, I don't want him to overpay for a replacement level goalie. If goaltending ends up being his downfall, he certainly won't be the first or last lol.

And the name comes from a how I once heard the Dominator's style described..."The Human Slinky" 😁

38 minutes ago, SwampD said:

You know we are playing the Panthers, right? Maybe the best team in the league?

33 minutes ago, SDS said:

Dude. There are solid two points behind the league leader. Don’t exaggerate.

Well, I did say "maybe" and they now have the same number of points.😂 Can I say it now, cuz I still think Florida is better than Colorado? I said after Sunday's game that I think they are winning the Stanley Cup this year. I still think that.

And for who and what they are, I think the Sabres played just about as good a game as we can expect from them. We used to only be frustrated by them (to the point of being enraged.) At least now we get some entertainment, as well.

I’m sorry but if the plan for next year is to bring back Anderson for an Anderson/UPL pair then that is a joke.

Anderson is a great guy but is in his forties and is clocking in at around a .903 sv% the last 3-4 years. That isn’t good enough.

UPL has proven nothing and is not dominating in the AHL.

Go get a legit starter. They have no idea where UPL, Levi or Portillo are going to end up. Get a proven guy.

They have to spend money to get to the cap floor.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Well, I did say "maybe" and they now have the same number of points.😂 Can I say it now, cuz I still think Florida is better than Colorado? I said after Sunday's game that I think they are winning the Stanley Cup this year. I still think that.

And for who and what they are, I think the Sabres played just about as good a game as we can expect from them. We used to only be frustrated by them (to the point of being enraged.) At least now we get some entertainment, as well.

I was just trying to make a joke. I know what you were saying.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

I thought he wasn't interested in re-signing.

I’ve never seen any evidence of this. My point is, why lowball him? Would Boston have matched a higher offer? Ullmark has solid numbers and I don’t believe KA went in the right direction. It makes me question following him down the road to goaltending.

1 minute ago, Ogre said:

I’ve never seen any evidence of this. My point is, why lowball him? Would Boston have matched a higher offer? Ullmark has solid numbers and I don’t believe KA went in the right direction. It makes me question following him down the road to goaltending.

I just remember hearing/reading it some point. But, if it was an option, letting him go was definitely a gaffe. I'm hopeful this years struggles would wake him up if that's the case. There's cap space out the wazoo, so hopefully he can get a good one here this summer.

9 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

And the name comes from a how I once heard the Dominator's style described..."The Human Slinky" 😁

I was hoping that you were like my high school buddy, “Spings”. You never knew if he’d be walking on his hands or his feet.

4 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Just now, HumanSlinky39 said:

I just remember hearing/reading it some point. But, if it was an option, letting him go was definitely a gaffe. I'm hopeful this years struggles would wake him up if that's the case. There's cap space out the wazoo, so hopefully he can get a good one here this summer.

Linus Ullmark has a .910sv% in Boston this year. You don't invest long term in that. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Linus Ullmark has a .910sv% in Boston this year. You don't invest long term in that. 

Then give him a bigger paycheck for a few years. This nonsense isn’t worth the savings. UPL isn’t the answer.

We will… We are still a team of mostly youngsters playing against mostly grown men… Half our very talented core doesn’t weigh 200lbs… Give them an off season or two to put on muscle and build strength… We will dominate

5 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Then give him a bigger paycheck for a few years. This nonsense isn’t worth the savings. UPL isn’t the answer.

Hard pass. There's no reason to give Ullmark anything and Adams correctly walked away. 

UPL has a .917sv% for Buffalo this past season. 

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Hard pass

That’s why our goaltending is crap. “It’s like we burn our boots with no contingency plan”, to quote the philanthropist, Gordon Downey.

6 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

We're not even talking about the correct exam if his name's coming up at this point.  

You could evaluate why you’ve failed the exam though.

Edited by Ogre
Quoting The Prophet Downey correctly

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

He could have held onto Ullmark with Anderson( or plan B-D) as the other half. That offers no solution to the current problem but sheds light into his thought process concerning the position. I’m not entirely convinced that goaltending won’t be his eventual downfall.  

BTW, I would love to see how you got your name.

Ullmark took the same offer from the Bruins to leave. Can't hold onto a player that wants to be elsewhere

22 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Are we blaming this on Tokarski? FFS how about Dahlin staying on his skates and covering his man?

Or how about they clear the puck out of the zone instead of giving it right to the Panthers player at the blue line?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.