OT: Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins died

SDS

My wife is devastated at the news about Taylor.  She was his neighbor and went to grade school and graduated from high school with him.   He was back in Laguna last summer for their reunion.  Although not a huge fan of the Foo Fighters, I respect his immense talent as a musician and appreciate the sentiments from so many here.  RIP.  

• Sad 1

Brings me back to when Avenged Sevenfold lost their drummer Jimmy Rev. They were all childhood friends and almost called it quits after his death. Instead, they decided to go forward and wrote an amazing tribute song for him. Way too many great musicians pass away at young ages.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Initial autopsy toxicology reports say they found 10 different substances, including benzos and opioids, in his body, according to CBS Nightly News. Sounds like he was struggling with some serious demons. 

I refuse to offer an ounce of judgement.  We all face demons. Some of us cope differently.  It’s selfish and human.  RIP Taylor. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

2 hours ago, inkman said:

I refuse to offer an ounce of judgement.  We all face demons. Some of us cope differently.  It’s selfish and human.  RIP Taylor. 

How was I judging him? I was stating what the reports are!! I've faced many demons myself, more than prolly anyone else on this board. Get off my jock!! What an ignorant f'n comment.

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

How was I judging him? I was stating what the reports are!! I've faced many demons myself, more than prolly anyone else on this board. Get off my jock!! What an ignorant f'n comment.

I have to say that Inky was not directing his comment to you for relaying the information, but wanted to make it clear for anyone that was thinking of making an ignorant comment about Taylor when addressing yours.  Inky did not say that you were judging.

One thing that I will say about your post above is that you have no idea what anyone else on the board has faced, so you can't say probably more than anyone else.  Like Inky said, we all face things in this life. And we all deal with them in different ways.

Edited by The Ghost of Doohickie
more goodly ...
  • Thanks (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

57 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

I have to say that Inky was not directing his comment to you for relaying the information, but wanted to make it clear for anyone that was thinking of making an ignorant comment about Taylor when addressing yours.  Inky did not say that you were judging.

One thing that I will say about your post above is that you have no idea what anyone else on the board has faced, so you can't say probably more than anyone else.  Like Inky said, we all face things in this life. And we all deal with them in different ways.

What he said 

• Thanks (+1) 2

I’m starting to have a soft spot in my heart toward musicians and artists (like I already do toward engineers) - regardless of their worldview. They can have an exceptional talent that most of us could only dream of having.

Having said that, while I never seriously followed Foo Fighters, I’m trusting everyone else’s appreciation toward Taylor Hawkins. While their genre isn’t exactly my cup of tea, I wouldn’t write them off.

TBH, I was more shocked when Robert Miles of “Children” fame died a few years ago. That song alone captured the emotions and feeling of suffering youth in other parts of the world.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/26/2022 at 12:47 PM, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

It is a shame.  And to be clear, I don't think it is ever right to judge anyone's choices in this life.  I don't agree with many things that people do and I would not do them, but it's not my job to judge anyone.  

addiction not really a choice... a daily reprieve due to God's grace... lost way to many good brilliant friends and family due to it... and seen other folks I deem a-holes stay sober... RIP Taylor 

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Sorry Ink, I directed my drunken anger towards you. Reading comprehension isn't one of my specialties when hitting the sauce. Hope I didn't offend you, which I'm sure isn't that easy to do in the first place. My bad!!!

I was too baked to even comprehend my lack of direction with that post.  I saw people on Twitter getting into the drug stuff and I didn’t want to hear it.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

I was too baked to even comprehend my lack of direction with that post.  I saw people on Twitter getting into the drug stuff and I didn’t want to hear it.  

Like I said, I was lit up like a Christmas tree and something rubbed me the wrong way. Nothing against you at all. It's just a sore subject with me. Being a musician myself, I've been around too much ***** like that for far too long. Much love brutha!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

Like I said, I was lit up like a Christmas tree and something rubbed me the wrong way. Nothing against you at all. It's just a sore subject with me. Being a musician myself, I've been around too much ***** like that for far too long. Much love brutha!!

Drunk guy vs baked guy!!!! Haha!!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.