Lol.....what a dick

Claude Balls

4 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

As a partial defence, I ran into Jack a few times outside.  One time, he was visiting kids in the hospital when my niece and nephew were there.  He seemed to care about their plights and was glad that he could help brighten their lives.  He might be like that about hockey, but outside of hockey, he seemed really nice.

I do like to think the time he's given to Roswell and Oishei are genuine.

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, LouBrawls said:

I do like to think the time he's given to Roswell and Oishei are genuine.

I’m sure he is genuinely happy to spend time with the kids.  But that is nothing unique. There are a couple dozen high profile athletes in the community that have and continue to give their time and other resources to these causes. 

5 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

Kinda what Eichel said.

Eichel said "7 years."  The game last night had roughly 12,000 fans.  Thousands short of a sellout.  In the last 7 years, there have been a number of sellouts and loud crowds.  I attended a sold out game during the 10 game winning steak in the Housley era.  It was loud and highly engaged.  So, if he was referring to the last couple of years, which included COVID, yes, he'd be correct.  But to say "7 years" is just him being a prick.  And to say "me leaving" is just a further indicator of what a self-centered guy he is.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Eichel said "7 years."  The game last night had roughly 12,000 fans.  Thousands short of a sellout.  In the last 7 years, there have been a number of sellouts and loud crowds.  I attended a sold out game during the 10 game winning steak in the Housley era.  It was loud and highly engaged.  So, if he was referring to the last couple of years, which included COVID, yes, he'd be correct.  But to say "7 years" is just him being a prick.  And to say "me leaving" is just a further indicator of what a self-centered guy he is.  

Yes he was being a prick, I know he should be above the pettiness and personal attacks from the fans, but I'm guessing after not being able to have surgery he wanted, crapped on by fans after working his butt off here, he probably didn't give a crap and said what he said. I can't really blame him, buffalonians can be an insufferable bunch of people. Must love and kiss butt to them all the time.

Strangely enough the first time I listened to the Eichel video I just heard...........................

blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine............it is what it is.......just move on.......it was a tough game, give them credit they played hard.

It was a great win by the Sabres and I don't really have an issue with the fans expressing their frustrations. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, klos1963 said:

I can't really blame him

I can.  He told the team he wanted out before the injury, when Adams said he wanted another rebuild.  Had Jack bought in (and either without his injury or with a team doctor more willing to take a risk because Jack was part of the team's long term future), I truly believe we'd either be a playoff team now or at least knocking on the door.

4 hours ago, klos1963 said:

buffalonians can be an insufferable bunch of people.

Rivet said as much in the "Emergency Podcast."  The context of his remark, though, was when he was playing for the Habs.  He said he hated games in Buffalo because the fans were so rabid.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

I didn’t see this posted anywhere yet…

D86F0964-137B-4158-84E4-616B3B5367BD.jpeg

I'm glad that turned out to be BS.

Hamilton was crapping on Eichel on the radio yesterday, too, contrasting him with Allen who is just a genuine good guy.  I don't know when Hamilton turned heel, but it's evident that he is not the same reporter that he was ten years ago.

Eichel spent a LOT of time at Roswell.  Not just a drop-in for publicity purposes; he was engaged and involved.  There was a big story in TBN on Thursday about it; apparently he kept visiting while injured and right up until he left for Nevada. @LouBrawls

He wasn't a leader on the team.  And he got cranky toward the end, but I think that's natural in this situation.

He's still a decent human being.

He still looks like Beavis.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Never, ever, let Jeff Skinner play in OT.

Sarcasm?

I'm assuming his complete lack of defensive game you're referring to if not. As we have seen he can back check with the best of them, if he wants to. This is the year to see if he's up for it.

Edited by woods-racer

1 minute ago, woods-racer said:

Sarcasm?

I'm assuming his complete lack of defensive game you're referring to if not. As we have seen he can back check with the best of them, if he wants to. This is the year to see if he's up for it.

Of course sarcasm.  It's a common refrain on the forum.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.