GDT : Sunday, March 6th - Kings @ Sabres. 1pm ET

SwampD

Kings are a playoff contender in the west.  What do they have that we don’t?  

Goaltending above all else. After that they have a few high quality vets to help their young talent.  They have more balanced scoring.  

The Sabres are not that far from taking a step forward.  KA has to make a few good moves and a few more kids need to develop.  

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Well. Can we come back again to win in the 3rd? 

I think they look flat.  Only 14 shots after 2 periods and only one line getting chances.  

Nice night at the office for Cal Peterson. The one great Sabre opportunity and the puck rolls on Tage.

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Goaltending above all else. After that they have a few high quality vets to help their young talent.  They have more balanced scoring.  

The Sabres are not that far from taking a step forward.  KA has to make a few good moves and a few more kids need to develop.  

Adams uttering the term “hockey trades” is..probably the most promising thing I’ve heard him say since he became GM. For me. It was the first time my heart fluttered a tad. 

So, I agree with your post. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He's been okay mostly because the Sabres are clearing rebounds efficiently and getting out of their zone most of the time. We get in trouble when the Kings set up in our zone and we start chasing and the line is it too long getting tired.

My post wasn’t a knock on Tokarski, just a realization that he’s just so limited compared to Petersen. He’s having a good game, but I think we need a great one. 

11 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I saw the young girls up in the booth with Dan but he didn't let them speak once.

What's the harm in letting them call a few seconds of game time or something? 

It's kids takeover got dummmit.

Or at least talk wit her on mike 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

X fingers over next few weeks that he can get picks or young pieces. He also needs to be involved as a third party to take on salary for playoff contenders (again for pieces & we need to make salary floor as we trade players. I feel like it will be a bit of a shell game to get everything set and coordinated. I hope Team looks more like next year as we close out ‘22. Oh, and we can get Owen signed after Michigan done playing (Frozen Four finishes April 9) - may be able to get him into 10 or so games, minimum. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.