The organist from "Slap Shot" is now the organist for the Kraken

\GoBillsInDallas/

1 hour ago, woods-racer said:

Coincidentally, Masters’ debut with the Kraken on Jan. 1 came against Vancouver, whose coach, Bruce Boudreau, also appeared as an uncredited extra in the movie.

All the times I've watched that movie and I never caught that Bruce was in it. 

Me either.  That’s a piece of trivia I never knew.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Me either.  That’s a piece of trivia I never knew.

Me either.  Just went down the rabbit hole and not only was he an extra, but he was asked to teach Newman how to shoot a slap shop and his apartment was used as Reggie’s apartment for the film because it was the messiest according his teammates. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, PASabreFan said:

You mean the arena atmosphere can be funny, clever, even edgy?

How would the traditional and knowledgeable Sabre fans react?

If by tradition you mean *old fan* , this one would welcome it. Love the organ player, hates loud seemingly random top 40 songs played. 

I believe if your under the age of 50 most would think the opposite of what I believe makes for a good atmosphere at a hockey game.

• Like (+1) 2

• spndnchz locked and unlocked this topic
15 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

You mean the arena atmosphere can be funny, clever, even edgy?

How would the traditional and knowledgeable Sabre fans react?

Depends on what you mean by traditional?     The old Aud was the height of funny, clever and edgy in the 70’s and 80’s..  The Sabres booster club sat in the uppers golds on a corner where the Sabres shoot twice.  They had lots of funny/edgy comments and chants. The Phantom Sign Maker’s were up in the Oranges and were also funny, clever and edgy.  

Neither exist today in the corporate and PC new milenia. 

I’ll take all that plus the organist, the Sabres Girl, the Sabres dance and characters like Shack, Spinner and King Kong, the occasional bench clearing  donnybrook,  and of course sellouts every game.  

Piping in a rock and pop “hits” and artificial noise is not as good. Sorry   

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Younger fans will not understand this, but a great organist can contribute greatly to the atmosphere at a game.  Norm Wullen could whip the fans at The Aud into a frenzy.  He had a finger on the pulses of the team and the crowd and would choose music to rally the fans when the Sabres needed a goal.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Depends on what you mean by traditional?     The old Aud was the height of funny, clever and edgy in the 70’s and 80’s..  The Sabres booster club sat in the uppers golds on a corner where the Sabres shoot twice.  They had lots of funny/edgy comments and chants. The Phantom Sign Maker’s were up in the Oranges and were also funny, clever and edgy.  

Neither exist today in the corporate and PC new milenia. 

I’ll take all that plus the organist, the Sabres Girl, the Sabres dance and characters like Shack, Spinner and King Kong, the occasional bench clearing  donnybrook,  and of course sellouts every game.  

Piping in a rock and pop “hits” and artificial noise is not as good. Sorry   

I recently went to the Sabres at Coyotes game and I hated the atmosphere with the loud music and the PA announcer acting like this was WWF. Give me Milt Ellis any day!

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.