Peterka returned to Amerks

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think Krebs will start slowly but if he keeps the same linemates will heat up after they get accustomed to his passing. 

I have really noticed how Krebs precision has been a lot sharper in the NHL with linemates who see the game and the holes better than they do in the AHL. They always talk about how some goalies are better in the NHL,  because smarter, more skilled players mean less chaos and more predictable reads. I think that’s true for passers as well.

That said, Okie and Olli have been kinda slow to fully take advantage of what Krebs can bring. Kyle needs to give and go more, and Victor needs to shoot.

Im getting real worried about how Victor’s injury has affected his game. He seemed to have taken such a big step in being a complete player prior to getting hurt.

10 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I have really noticed how Krebs precision has been a lot sharper in the NHL with linemates who see the game and the holes better than they do in the AHL. They always talk about how some goalies are better in the NHL,  because smarter, more skilled players mean less chaos and more predictable reads. I think that’s true for passers as well.

That said, Okie and Olli have been kinda slow to fully take advantage of what Krebs can bring. Kyle needs to give and go more, and Victor needs to shoot.

Im getting real worried about how Victor’s injury has affected his game. He seemed to have taken such a big step in being a complete player prior to getting hurt.

I agree on olofsson. I'd like to 3 Tuch with Krebs

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

The Adams Sabres have been remarkably consistent in their development principles this year.

They envision Tage as a top 6 forward and they’ve played him as one. Sink or swim. They envision Cozens as an all-situations centre and they’ve used him that way. They envision Dahlin as a cornerstone D and they have used him that way. We saw the same approach with Mittelstadt in his brief time and we have seen it so far with UPL. Jokiharju.

Krebs wasn’t asked to skate his 12 minutes with Hayden. He’s centring the teams’s two highest scoring wingers, getting time on the PP and was among the ice time leaders.

Peterka didn’t come up to play with Eakin and Bjork and just not make mistakes. They dropped him on to the top line with Tage and Tuch and told him to play his game.

Skinner comes back, JJ doesn’t get shunted into Hinostroza’s role. He gets sent back to Rochester to be the lead dog.

It’s refreshing and not very NHL-like. It will be interesting to see how they handle Krebs when Cozens returns. It will be even more interesting to see how this philosophy manifests itself next year.

Eyes watering in happiness.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.